Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the beginning of the end of Spooktacular for me once Sideshow Collectibles and Spooktacular on longer had anything to do with universal monsters. :monkey2 Things will never be the same. :monkey2

The Monster,
Nick

This is the key. What always set Sideshow apart was the way they balanced new customer attraction with loyal customer "retention" (I use retention here, not in the context of retention through new products, but retention by creating a sense of community).

Looking at their new product offerings, I am finding less and less that appeals to me. Sometimes that is because the subject doesn't matter to me, but more often it is because the price points have gotten so high that I simply can't afford them. Now with Spook all but gone, I'm feeling less and less like a part of their intended demographic.

It seems to me that the downplay of Spook and the skyrocketing prices of new products are both symptoms of the same directional shift in Sideshow as a company.

Good post...

What really lost me was the rising prices. $100+ for a 12" figure and $300+ for a PF did me in. I can't afford that on a one income household.

This is the key. What always set Sideshow apart was the way they balanced new customer attraction with loyal customer "retention" (I use retention here, not in the context of retention through new products, but retention by creating a sense of community).

Looking at their new product offerings, I am finding less and less that appeals to me. Sometimes that is because the subject doesn't matter to me, but more often it is because the price points have gotten so high that I simply can't afford them. Now with Spook all but gone, I'm feeling less and less like a part of their intended demographic.

It seems to me that the downplay of Spook and the skyrocketing prices of new products are both symptoms of the same directional shift in Sideshow as a company.

Slipping customer service and a drop in quality control also.

Sideshow isn't the "mom and pop" general store anymore, they are Wal- Mart. Except extremely expensive.

So this is spook so far? As a newbie to my first spook I like it. Nothing to order means more money saved. Yes!!! Same tomorrow? I hope they keep spook as more of a online fun and games thing for the and and no PF orders :)

My one last hope is that Spook will be a evening/nightly event now... and Sideshow is gonna blow it out in the wee hours of the morning. Fat, fat, fat, fat chance... but I am holding on to all last pieces of hope.

My one last hope is that Spook will be a evening/nightly event now... and Sideshow is gonna blow it out in the wee hours of the morning. Fat, fat, fat, fat chance... but I am holding on to all last pieces of hope.

I was thinking that since they've been stressing the Sleep Is For The Weak slogan lately

Ok all my sad face freaks....how about a giveaway (perhaps that will put a smile on some of your faces...I hope)?

Sooo....what shall I giveaway? *Digs around bag of giveaways*

How about a Hot Toys Shadow Predator Sixth Scale Figure?!

How to vie for a chance to win?

Simply, respond back in THIS thread with the name of your favorite movie, TV, or comic villain! That's right! Just a name is all your need to respond back with!

One random winner will be chosen around 6PM (Pacific Time) today by me!

Remember, the winner will be responsible for the ship cost for this prize. International winners are responsible for the ship cost of any prize they win, plus any VAT, Taxes, Import Fees, etc. that are accessed by their governments/countries/ship carriers, etc.

Happy playing! :)

-SideshowAlex

If you hated on Sideshow in anyway in the last few pages you are not eligible to play :lecture

<<<< Can't play.

Back