Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spooktacular rules. My absolute favorite Sideshow event of the year. Period. Sideshow's generosity is epic!!

With that in mind, I do feel it has lost a bit of luster over the past couple years. Unlike others, I don't mind the Facebook/Twitter angles. Social media is an important part of our world now, especially for a company of Sideshow's size and type. Heck, I won the right to buy a Mummy SS PF on Twitter a couple years ago! Woot!! I think we're just going to have to accept Rosario and the gang as part of the experience moving forward.

What I think has hurt Spook are other things. First, for me personally...losing the Uni Monster license was a big blow. What is more Spooktacular than Frankenstein, Dracula or the CFTBL? They really were the foundation and it's tough when the foundation is yanked from the building.

Second, I missed having special guest from Sideshow in chat last year. The good old days with Brock, Heath, Klauder, Quoc etc were awesome.

Also, I really loved the year they made the "It Collects" movie. That was friggin' epic. It was great because it was a real Spooktacular thing. People want Halloween fun... not plain old Star Wars or Marvel mainstream type stuff.

Lastly, we need more stuff to happen late at night... when the Spooky chatters and such who are diehards are still up Spooking and the fair weather day time Spookers are sleeping. Every year I get almost no sleep during the event... you know why? Because SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!!

We need a MORTSEATCUSHION!!

We need Criswell!!

We need "It Collects II"

We need Uni Monsters (I know... I know... :pray:)

BANweeweeOUNTS unite!!!

I agree with that entire statement Pete.

Still, I feel this may just be the last Spook I take part in as heavily as in the past...

I still don't know what spook is all about? Isnt it just a preorder few days for new statues like sdcc? Maybe a few online games?

Sideshow. Bring Back my precious Allison and all will be forgiven for the last two lack luster years.

allison_volk.jpg

(Also call up Travis up North, it was much better when he was handling it.)

Spooktacular rules. My absolute favorite Sideshow event of the year. Period. Sideshow's generosity is epic!!

With that in mind, I do feel it has lost a bit of luster over the past couple years. Unlike others, I don't mind the Facebook/Twitter angles. Social media is an important part of our world now, especially for a company of Sideshow's size and type. Heck, I won the right to buy a Mummy SS PF on Twitter a couple years ago! Woot!! I think we're just going to have to accept Rosario and the gang as part of the experience moving forward.

What I think has hurt Spook are other things. First, for me personally...losing the Uni Monster license was a big blow. What is more Spooktacular than Frankenstein, Dracula or the CFTBL? They really were the foundation and it's tough when the foundation is yanked from the building.

Second, I missed having special guest from Sideshow in chat last year. The good old days with Brock, Heath, Klauder, Quoc etc were awesome.

Also, I really loved the year they made the "It Collects" movie. That was friggin' epic. It was great because it was a real Spooktacular thing. People want Halloween fun... not plain old Star Wars or Marvel mainstream type stuff.

Lastly, we need more stuff to happen late at night... when the Spooky chatters and such who are diehards are still up Spooking and the fair weather day time Spookers are sleeping. Every year I get almost no sleep during the event... you know why? Because SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!!

We need a MORTSEATCUSHION!!

We need Criswell!!

We need "It Collects II"

We need Uni Monsters (I know... I know... :pray:)

BANweeweeOUNTS unite!!!

This is so well stated. Spook shouldn't be about Star Wars or DC (as much as I am a huge fan of DC) it should be about Horror. I wish SS would get the Uni Monsters license back or at least make real HORROR PF's and figures for Spook -- and not just their own no-name Dead line (nice line, but not for me). I want Myers, zombie Jason, Universal Monsters, etc. Elvira's PF should have been released then too IMO. It's Halloween and the Fall, one of the most fun and celebrated times of the year. SS should treat it as such. DC and marvel and Star Wars rule all the other times of the year so let horror fans have Spook. If not change the name of Spook so that we know not to get our hopes up. :dunno Here's hoping they make it fun this year... been a long time coming. :pray:

Hence my silence. ;)

Come on, I need some training from a veteran in this hobby. :1-1: is there more than just preorders and online games that I need to know about? I must be ready for my first spook. Don't want to be disappointed like the Droids set. :wink1:

Come on, I need some training from a veteran in this hobby. :1-1: is there more than just preorders and online games that I need to know about? I must be ready for my first spook. Don't want to be disappointed like the Droids set. :wink1:

My advice is to keep your smart phone on you then and check it on breaks at work.

And if they run the Chat this year....prepare for the DOORS OF INDECISION

My advice is to keep your smart phone on you then and check it on breaks at work.

And if they run the Chat this year....prepare for the DOORS OF INDECISION

Wow I never knew collecting these is so intense. You are making me very nervous. I really hope they don't release too much. not again, right after sdcc. :panic: I can't keep doing this so soon. Please SS don't put out anything I like. No PF and do all 1/6 scale figures and all LOTR items. Since the new hobbit movie is coming put. :pray:

Wow I never knew collecting these is so intense. You are making me very nervous. I really hope they don't release too much. not again, right after sdcc. :panic: I can't keep doing this so soon. Please SS don't put out anything I like. No PF and do all 1/6 scale figures and all LOTR items. Since the new hobbit movie is coming put. :pray:

Uh yeah...prepare to PO buddy.

Here's my Guesses

Superman PF
Jack The Ripper PF
Doom LSF
Deadpool PF(if not sooner)
Green Lantern PF(if they haven't heard our pleas to fix him)
Boba Fett Mythos Statue
Chewbacca PF
Sauron PF

Mind you I'm just guessing here.

You will be thrown onto the battlefield, naked and screaming, with nothing but a bucket and a stick. You will learn or die.

Not again.....:panic: must find a way to get more money now!!!! :panic: so after this no more events until next sdcc?

Last edited:
Back