Spooktacualar 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So could someone explain to me what a Mort Slaycation Kit is? Is it a Mort Vinyl Figure?

No. It was created by Vander, and includes several awesome pieces relating to horror movies, and Mort, such as a restaurant menu and map. He must be a graphic designer by trade, cuz it's high quality stuff! :lecture He posted pics in the other Spooktacular thread for sure. Perhaps this one as well...

No. It was created by Vander, and includes several awesome pieces relating to horror movies, and Mort, such as a restaurant menu and map. He must be a graphic designer by trade, cuz it's high quality stuff! :lecture He posted pics in the other Spooktacular thread for sure. Perhaps this one as well...

Ahhh, OK. Wasn't sure. That's pretty cool.

That care kit is going to come in super handy for my Angel and Faith maquette's and my Ark of the Covenant. Those are all not covered by glass.

Happy Halloween Freaks!
animatedmyerswalking_h6.gif

Just want to say thanks again to Chicky for being amazing and coming in here every year for us bottom feeders. We appreciate you. Your presence actually causes people's heart rates to shoot sky high. Who knew you had THAT kind of power. ;)

Want to thank my friends, too. Every single year we are here for each other. Not just to win stuff, but to keep each other company, chat all hours, joke with each other and even on occasion, give each other awesome stuff. I love you guys...(only most of you, and you know who you are).

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you all. May you deliver me Candy after the trick or treaters take all of mine.

AND OMG this is my first year with Trick r treaters!!!! It's awesome buying a house in a great subdivision. Woot.

BG - OUT!

What a nice thing to write! Save yourself a couple of pieces of chocolate tonight...

PS - It was an entertaining Spooktacular!

I just wanted to post a thanks to Chicky and the rest of the sideshow team. We all realize it gets harder and harder to put events like this on every year, and the support from SC to keep doing this has been fantastic. Everyone had a chance to come away with a little something this year, the points were a great idea, and opprtunities were there no matter which format you used, be it twitter, fb, the forum or the home page. Well done sc, and thank you!

Happy Halloween!

So far it's been a great Birthday! My wife gave me the Sideshow Snowtrooper 1/6 scale figure! She's awesome!

(Perhaps Sideshow would like to send me a birthday gift of the e-web blaster!)

However, as it is my Birthday, I will be giving way some great prizes!

Here they are:
IMG_0327.JPG

There will be three contests, and all three will be based on my personal Star Wars Collection. You can see the pictures of said collection here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115756

The winner will have a choice of prizes, any two of the ornaments, or the Cantina set.

I will pay for shipping within the USA. Outside the USA, I may ask you pay for the shipping. We'll see.

THE RULES:

1: No whining. It's MY Birthday, and what I say goes.
2: ANYONE may enter. Yes, even Chicky.
3: You will send an E-mail to [email protected]
4: The Subject line will be: Happy Birthday Shalamar!
5: Only one entry per person. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6: You will include your Freaks Board Name, and your real name.
7: You will also include your answer! (Duh)
8: I will take all of those who guessed correctly, and randomly draw a name. In the case of no winner, I will declare a new contest.
9: NO RUSH. I will give a few hours.
10: You have until noon Pacific time. Or when I get bored and say it's over. Whatever.
11: I may change the rules at any time, based on my whims. :panic::lol

THE QUESTION:
In my collection, there is an expensive item that my wife wanted me to buy (But wanted ME to pay for it). What is that item?
(Hint: NOT a 1/6 scale item)

Last edited:
So could someone explain to me what a Mort Slaycation Kit is? Is it a Mort Vinyl Figure?

Here's Vander's Slaycation kit:

This year's giveaway has Mort going on vacation (or SLAYcation :wink1:) visiting different horror locals and picking up little souvenirs on his travels. The full giveaway set can be seen here, and yes, there is a sticker:

Very awesome of Vander to be doing this Giveaway, Thanks again Vander! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Great Spooktacular. The rewards points giveaways were awesome. Thanks SSC.

THE QUESTION:
In my collection, there is an expensive item that my wife wanted me to buy (But wanted ME to pay for it). What is that item?
(Hint: NOT a 1/6 scale item)

Great contest! Especially since it's your birthday and all!

Last edited:
What do you consider expensive? :wink1:
I think I have an idea, but it's totally a guess. I don't know if you own it... And I'm not sure if you mean she wanted you to buy it for HER, or for YOURSELF. Great contest though! Especially since it's your birthday and all!

Use the link to his collection photos.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :panic::panic::panic:

Thanks to Sideshow, Chicky, and Susan for making this Halloween fun!!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
This cold I have has ruined doing anything else but staying in and watching horror movie and TV shows (being really sick while watching the virus episode of Walking Dead was sure fun :lol). So participating in Spooktacular has been welcome relief.
I didn't win anything last year so the free reward points for this Spook were especially nice. I've been saving up RP all year long and purchasing a Harley Quinn figure seems much more feasible now. Thanks for the reward points Sideshow!

Happy Halloween Everybody!
:winkpumpk

So, these twenty points were today, not yesterday as part of the deal. I also couldn't get 20 points from yesterday to work for me.

$3 dollar donation I'm going to bump to $10. Thank you sideshow for the points.

If anyone else would like to make a donation to the Austin Humane Society, who is a no kill shelter and does Trap, Neuter, Release for free, please feel free to match my donation (or give anything) to help out such a good cause.

You can PP me as gift if you would like. I will make the donation and post it here so everyone can see.

Last edited:
Back