Splitting the forum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the video game forum be split?

• Yes create a new section for discussion of just video games and leave this for collectibles.

Votes: 77 58.8%
  • No, leave it as it is. Why are you always messin'?

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • Video games suck.

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
All the other sections have banished action figures. I want equal rights for the video game section. :impatient:

so it was you...

original.gif

No more false faces...I AM THE MANDARINZ!

Tumblr_mmnmprqisk1s3jympo1_500.gif

Seems like it's all pretty much a chaos as it is already. A somewhat and somehow manageable chaos.

I vote against the split. Though I vote for more mods.

I don't thinks it's big enough to warrant a split. You can come once a day and it barely goes to the 2nd page.

Plus I like having my games discussion right here without having to go into a separate forum, I wouldn't visit the pure game forum if that happened most likely since I come here for collectibles and I have tons of dedicated game forums elsewhere.

I don't thinks it's big enough to warrant a split. You can come once a day and it barely goes to the 2nd page.

Plus I like having my games discussion right here without having to go into a separate forum, I wouldn't visit the pure game forum if that happened most likely since I come here for collectibles and I have tons of dedicated game forums elsewhere.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Well said! There are certainly more appropriate places to discuss pure gaming than SSF; NeoGaf, IGN, the official Playstation forum, Steam forum, etc. Those forums have thousands of active members compared to our small (almost niche) community here. So, a split is just going to make this small place unnecessarily smaller. And like you mentioned, many of the threads hardly get bumped. On a very active day, the forum might barely scratch the surface of the second page. As an example, only half of the threads on page one were even bumped today.

Plus, I think it's nice to have a blend of collectibles and games in a discussion. That makes the SSF Video Game section unique, and it's what keeps me coming back here on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Just leave it as it is, splitting makes no sense.

If you think keeping a threads for video game collectibles exclusively is gonna stop people from talking about the video game itself, you gonna have a bad time.

This is one of the subforums that reminds me of when I first started here, and it was just a mix of stuff revolving around a central theme. I like reading the thread titles, skimming here, seeing what's about a game, what's about a figure, and what threads I actually want to read.

I think this area is calm enough to remain as it is.

The way the navigation will work on the new forum makes it a necessity to split. And figures will also be separate from statues.

I just wanted to see what the reaction might be. But the new navigation may also dispel any reservations those that don't want the split may have.

The way the navigation will work on the new forum makes it a necessity to split. And figures will also be separate from statues.

I just wanted to see what the reaction might be. But the new navigation may also dispel any reservations those that don't want the split may have.

It's your call, Dave; your site, your rules. I'll be here regardless. Drinking a few glasses of Port, and being utterly depressed at the change that is to come :monkey2.

Pc gamers need their own thread - starting to get on my nerves with their elitist talk

Other than Solid Snake, I havent seen anyone being obnoxious. The overall attitude toward PC gaming on this board seems to be a bigger issue than any of the PC gamers imo.

Back