Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local Microplay store got its stock in, and the manager was telling me that there's some kind of problem with the USB key that's included in the collector's edition. Personally, I haven't heard anything about this, so I'm only transmitting the information he provided me.

From what he says, the USB keys do not function properly, which means that people buying the collector's edition will NOT get the free items which were supposed to be pre-loaded onto the key. As a result, my Microplay will be selling the collector's edition for the same price as the regular edition. So, for those people planning on buying this game, I'd recommend you go early and see if you can't get the free upgrade as well.

Obviously, this only applies to the Xbox 360 collector's edition. I do not believe the PS3 is getting any kind of special edition release of this game.

My local Microplay store got its stock in, and the manager was telling me that there's some kind of problem with the USB key that's included in the collector's edition. Personally, I haven't heard anything about this, so I'm only transmitting the information he provided me.

From what he says, the USB keys do not function properly, which means that people buying the collector's edition will NOT get the free items which were supposed to be pre-loaded onto the key. As a result, my Microplay will be selling the collector's edition for the same price as the regular edition. So, for those people planning on buying this game, I'd recommend you go early and see if you can't get the free upgrade as well.

Obviously, this only applies to the Xbox 360 collector's edition. I do not believe the PS3 is getting any kind of special edition release of this game.

It should also be mentioned that the limited edition of this game will have its price dropped from $79.99 to $69.99 ($10 difference if your math is bad) due to some of the limited edition sets having a faulty USB thumb drive.

"Some" is the key word there, because some people will get USB key drives that work perfectly and others won't, but everyone will pay $10 less for the limited edition. There is content on the usb that can't be accessed for some.

https://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178748

This is making me ANGRY! Everytime on the 3rd level The Washington Monument level my game freezes...EVERY TIME! its brand new no scratches on it at all. I tried installing it on the hard drive to see if that fixed it, but nope not at all!! GRRR

Cool!! At lest it isn't a huge problem. If I start getting the freezing problem I"ll remember to try this.

~~~Nevermind. It just happened. Epic fail on release day.

I looked at another link and it said not to do the update cause thats what is causing it? I dunno im trying it now...

Edit: Yeah clear your cashe and then dont update, mine didnt freeze or at least not where it normally does

Back