Spinosaurus Maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinosauria is definitely my favorite line of Sideshow pieces now. As a matter of fact outside of Hot Toys, Dinosauria is the only line I collect.

I do find it interesting that for all their solo pieces, not one dino has all feet on the ground.

It'd be a waste of peg insertion construction to design an animal with all feet on the ground. Cheap figures can do that easily. That's what I think, anyway.

All don't really see why a quadruped needs four foot pegs anyway..one in front and one in the back would be fine.

I was told that the positions of the animals are supposed to give them a more fluid, more alive, feel...just adds to the whole realism factor. Action pieces seem to attract more buyers as well... :/

anyone think they will ever do another t-rex? i dont like the old look of the current one and the versus dio pose is just not what i have in mind. Im only getting the apatosaurus and maybe the steg but I want a good t-rex to go with em.

Personally, I'm very happy with the T.rexes. I think it's pretty unlikely that sideshow will release another T.rex, but there might be a small possibility that a Tarbosaurus vs some dinosaur (Therizinosaurus would be great) dio or a statue of an Albertosaurine will be released.

Last edited:
There are so many dinos to choose from, I can't see them doing another Rex. But that is probably the most popular dino, so I can't see it being out of the question either.

I like the action poses, but these one legged poses make me very nervous.

I noticed the Carno was a little loose the other night..the peg hole now seems too big. I'm not sure if the weight of the pose wore it out of shape a bit..or if it came like that. I took some tiny piece of cardboard and tightened it up. I think the Carno would have fine with a small chest pole to support it's weight. If it does eventually continue to tip I'll have to drill it and insert one. :(

The Obssessive compulsive part of me wants to go check mine, but I know if I do that I'll start wiggling it on a regular basis checking for it getting loose and thereby make it loose...

I noticed the Carno was a little loose the other night..the peg hole now seems too big. I'm not sure if the weight of the pose wore it out of shape a bit..or if it came like that. I took some tiny piece of cardboard and tightened it up. I think the Carno would have fine with a small chest pole to support it's weight. If it does eventually continue to tip I'll have to drill it and insert one. :(

Sadly Blade, mine has the same problem. I noticed it the day I took those T-rex vs Spino pics. I had to remove the Carno from my display cabinet, so I could get to the T-rex maquette. When I picked him up, he was kind of swiveling on the base. I didn't think much of it, so I didn't think to say anything. I'm sure it's not a real problem, but if it gets worse, i'll have to fix it somehow. The Spinosaurus is the one that has me worried. So much weight sitting upon a leg that's angled foward. :horror

Last edited:
The good news is it can be fixed..if I had to putty the foot in place with cement and add a pole it wouldn't be extremely hard. Same thing for the Spino...mine's foot never went completely into the base the way it should have. I can putty around it though. If you forget size the Carno has more weight forward than the Spino I think even the tail is thrown forward.

I think the base is the issue..the resin they use might be too soft. I'm not sure but maybe if the peg hole was metal too..or had a sleeve for the hole.

The dinosaur doesn't appear to be bending or giving any that I can tell so the stress point is the pin pushing against the side of the hole in the base.

The peg on the Carno at least...not the metal peg but the resin part..isn't fitting tight enough either..which may haves tarted the problem with the metal peg pressing on the resin.

Finally opened up my box again to put this monster out, and luckly I have no peg issues.

But after thorough inspection, I've noticed that two teeth from the upper jaw were broken off, and the claw from the first digit of the right forelimb is deformed
(looks like a tip of a shovel... :( ) - and the surface of the broken off parts were painted on... :rolleyes:

Obviously, these 'small' flaws may not be too much of a big deal, but I do hope that SSC improves their QC. I don't have problems with the paint apps, but I am tired of receiving pieces with defects even though they are not noticeable at first glance... (and getting a replacement will take at least 2~3 months, likely more)

Last edited:
Finally opened up my box again to put this monster out, and luckly I have no peg issues.

But after thorough inspection, I've noticed that two teeth from the upper jaw were broken off, and the claw from the first digit of the right forelimb is deformed
(looks like a tip of a shovel... :( ) - and the surface of the broken off parts were painted on... :rolleyes:

Obviously, these 'small' flaws may not be too much of a big deal, but I do hope that SSC improves their QC. I don't have problems with the paint apps, but I am tired of receiving pieces with defects even though they are not noticeable at first glance... (and getting a replacement will take at least 2~3 months, likely more)

Sorry to hear about your QC troubles. I know any problems you have are made even worse by your location. I hope it doesn't take too long to get a replacement.:wave

Will you be getting the Apatosaurus, when that finally ships?:naughty

As for a replacement, I don't want to wait another additional 2~6 months, so I'm just trying to figure out how to fix the broken pieces.

I've already pre-ordered the Apatosaurus maquette, so I'll be definitely getting that one :)

As for a replacement, I don't want to wait another additional 2~6 months, so I'm just trying to figure out how to fix the broken pieces.

I've already pre-ordered the Apatosaurus maquette, so I'll be definitely getting that one :)

Good to hear you'll be getting the Apatosaurus.:woo Hopefully that will arrive to you, undamaged.

I hope you can find a way to fix your Spino's teeth.

Dang bro...sorry to hear that. The best thing for the teeth are superglue. The claw..sounds like it need to be re-shaped, which would be sanding down and making a new one out of putty..then re-paint it. Not impossible..and not too difficult just a bit time consuming.

Hi guys just got my allo vs cam and the peg was too big for the hole so i sanded it down and it fit perfect. Ive got a spinosaurus and Dieno vs Para on the way, hope they dont have any problems. I have the Stachysaurus but the allo vs cam is definitely my favorite. Ive got the Tupuxara ans Apatosaurus on pre-order, which are you favorites so far?

Back