Spinosaurus Maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I didn't even notice how they obscured the base. Shows that you did a damn fine job of it. :lol

I think handheld shots are great too, although I understand it's a real pain to put CG elements in them.

Thank you my friend. I hate to hide a piece of the statue, but for shots like these, it's necessary. If they were standing atop a "Martin Garratt" base, it'd be a different story. ;)

Awesome pics!!! Looks so natural in that environment.

Thank you. I love trying to make these statues seem life size, and the process of doing so is great fun. :D

Awesome photos K9... I wish the Dinosauria line had there own section in the navigation menu.... These are my favorite of all my sideshow pieces! Keep showing your photos!!!!

Awesome photos K9... I wish the Dinosauria line had there own section in the navigation menu.... These are my favorite of all my sideshow pieces! Keep showing your photos!!!!

Thanks atom44. I too wish there was a section devoted to everything Dinosaur, including the Dinosauria line. Unfortunately there isn't enough interest. :(

WOW amazing pictures. I wish I had the balls to take my statues outside. :rotfl

Thanks Mightytrex. It's not as terrifying as it seems, but you do need to take every precaution you can. Make sure you have clear skies, and always provide something for the statue to sit upon.

Honestly that's what I'm thinking as an after thought to every pic... lol I'd prob do something stupid and fall with it.. :(

BTW..that must have been one hell of a large hot pocket eh ? heh heh ;D

Hey, I almost did fall while carrying one of them to the photo destination. A vine caught my foot and almost had me land flat on my face. Luckily I didn't have my feet completely in my shoes, so the shoe just slipped off. :lol

I got the Hot Pocket from a Sam's Club. I was amazed at the sizes they had in-stock.:horror

Hey, I almost did fall while carrying one of them to the photo destination. A vine caught my foot and almost had me land flat on my face. Luckily I didn't have my feet completely in my shoes, so the shoe just slipped off. :lol

I got the Hot Pocket from a Sam's Club. I was amazed at the sizes they had in-stock.:horror

lol.. they do have just about anything.. ;D

Did your heart skip a beat about then ? I'm sure mine would have... heh

Adrian added some Making-of pics of the Dinosauria pieces ( among others ) to his facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1202422848#!/album.php?aid=2099964&id=1202422848

76096_1739716571706_1202422848_31945744_1106264_n.jpg

Thanks for that Blade. Very cool pics, showing off some of the creation process. Definately something I enjoy looking at.

Btw, the Parasaurolophus looks as if it's swimming/falling or something like that. :lol

Thanks for that Blade. Very cool pics, showing off some of the creation process. Definately something I enjoy looking at.

Btw, the Parasaurolophus looks as if it's swimming/falling or something like that. :lol

lol.. I've been at Adrian awhile to get us some progress pics.. he finally came through.. ;D

Did you notice the Carno is a lot higher up than the production piece ? It's tipped forward quite a bit..wonder why ? Something with the molding process ?

lol.. I've been at Adrian awhile to get us some progress pics.. he finally came through.. ;D

Did you notice the Carno is a lot higher up than the production piece ? It's tipped forward quite a bit..wonder why ? Something with the molding process ?

Probably had something to do with balancing out the statue. I'm surprised mine hasn't gotten lower since i've had it. It just looks too front heavy. I know Sideshow has had some leaning issues with some of their statues. I hope that won't be the case for these guys.:pray:

Probably had something to do with balancing out the statue. I'm surprised mine hasn't gotten lower since i've had it. It just looks too front heavy. I know Sideshow has had some leaning issues with some of their statues. I hope that won't be the case for these guys.:pray:

Odd thing is it seems more balanced in the orig sculpt...Adrian couldn't figure why it was altered either.

How does polystone ( that is what they are made of right ? ) bend over time ? I can see how a weighty plastic/rubber figure could bend or bow..but not something like this.

I thought orig it might be defective..but the pin and foot fit nice and snug into the base without any issue.

I know, Sideshow's love of these one footed poses make me nervous.

I was thinking the same thing yet again when I was looking at the Spino..that's a lot of body for one foot to support. The Carno felt like it might be hollow or at least have places inside it limiting the weight. After the money spent I really hope these guys don't bend or break...I might sue.. lol

Fingers crossed that sideshow has adequately tested the statues for durability. I imagine there's some way they can use weights to test the long term effects of gravity or something.

Fingers crossed that sideshow has adequately tested the statues for durability. I imagine there's some way they can use weights to test the long term effects of gravity or something.

Something tells me their not gonna be that thorough. In 3-4 years if these start drooping or sagging....all there gonna say is "sorry, cant help you".
If I called SS tomorrow and told them my 1:1 Darkness bust has paint flaws...their going to tell me where to go.

To bad these things dont come with any "official warranty"...

Chris

Ah... my determination to never join facebook is preventing me from seeing the making-of pics. And the Carno is definitely hollow in places. Mine has something rattling aound inside of it. I'm pretty sure most of SS's statues are hollow to a certain extent. It seems like the Sideshow/Weta Battle Troll weighs more (for it's comparable size) than a lot of my Sideshow pieces.

Ah... my determination to never join facebook is preventing me from seeing the making-of pics. And the Carno is definitely hollow in places. Mine has something rattling aound inside of it. I'm pretty sure most of SS's statues are hollow to a certain extent. It seems like the Sideshow/Weta Battle Troll weighs more (for it's comparable size) than a lot of my Sideshow pieces.

Maybe this will help :

75325_1739717251723_1202422848_31945746_1238426_n.jpg

148590_1739717451728_1202422848_31945747_6130738_n.jpg

156034_1739717851738_1202422848_31945749_2432717_n.jpg

76523_1739722731860_1202422848_31945759_974351_n.jpg

155110_1739722931865_1202422848_31945760_8002059_n.jpg

154455_1739724211897_1202422848_31945766_6041364_n.jpg

149537_1739724571906_1202422848_31945767_4462200_n.jpg

Back