Spielberg discusses 'Kingdom's problems!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is THA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always have, always will be !
I'm a huge fan!

He does have a good sense on humor when he's in the mood!!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTtMdXAazs[/ame]

No I haven't and I assume a lot of others haven't either, but back to the topic, the interview shouldn't immediately be assumed that he was high.

ha ha well now that many people on this thread have said it (and I'll bet Google will return 10,000 hits as well) and you now know, watch the interview again and see if you think its fair to assume :rotfl

There was a book many years ago called Imperfect Hero it talks about when he was at university he made money selling pipes to other students and he was very popular on campus. Hint Hint !! Also it was very hard to control him on American Graffiti due to his partying ways.

As well he worked as a roadie and helped film and hung out with the Doors for a while.

Enough said really!!

There's also a vid somewhere of him selling pot to one of the doors, on stage in SF.

[ame]https://youtu.be/C_NhuteVTB8[/ame]

Da Boof ruined the movie like he ruins every other movie he's in. All he oes is scream and yell while over acting.
To tell you the truth, the fridge thing was a little over the top, but c'mon, swinging from vines, killer ants, and just over all being Indiana Jones "Light".
Just think if they did the movie without those things, and they might have had something.
And to anybody knocking Short Round or Marcus, get a life because at least those characters had, well....character. Not some screaming dumb@$$ that doesn't deserve to be in any movie. Well with the exception of the one film where he's catching a beat down.

Da Boof ruined the movie like he ruins every other movie he's in. All he oes is scream and yell while over acting.
To tell you the truth, the fridge thing was a little over the top, but c'mon, swinging from vines, killer ants, and just over all being Indiana Jones "Light".
Just think if they did the movie without those things, and they might have had something.
And to anybody knocking Short Round or Marcus, get a life because at least those characters had, well....character. Not some screaming dumb@$$ that doesn't deserve to be in any movie. Well with the exception of the one film where he's catching a beat down.

If you think Shia ruined this movie...then ____ing wow.

Bottomline is this:

George Lucas ruined this flick. Lucas' sole talent is as a BASIC, CONCEPT IDEA MAN. He has never been a great director and I would say is one of the most terrible scriptwriters you could ever imagine. Lucas got lucky with A New Hope, but you know why Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were solid, awesome sequels? Because Lucas didn't write the screenplay or direct them.

If you look at his credits, he's typically credited for the "story", which is the basic outline. Studios back then would look at Lucas and laugh at his face because he was still struggling for money to even get his ideas off the ground. The studios LIKED his concepts, but his scriptwriting was terrible.

Nowadays, Lucas is a walking money-machine, studios don't care as long as it has the "Star Wars" name on it.

Fans wanted Indiana Jones and sure it took three parties to connect them all but it was in limbo for years. KotCS felt like it was another Lucas money grab like the Star Wars prequels as opposed to being a geniunely GREAT movie and something special like the original Indy movies. Though Spielberg "George Lucas' friend" directed the movie and not Steven Spielberg "the world famous Academy Award winning movie director of hits such as Jurassic Park, Schendler's List, ET and the first three Indiana Jones movies" . He seemed to really have just given the reins of KotCS to Lucas and coasted on cruise control as did most of the actors (though Harrison Ford's lucidity remains questionable to me day by day as he gets older).

Last edited:
Back