Spielberg discusses 'Kingdom's problems!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't take anything away from that that is negative. He was asked a question and he answered like he always does in a dry sense of humor. He is on a show that is supposed to draw some laughs.

Yeah I thought that was funny. I won't assume Indy 5 will be just a cash-in because of a joke like that....I mean yeah it could ultimately end up being just that but....Harrison is still cool. I can't hate him.

If Ford was a cash in celeb, wouldn't he be in 1-2 movies a year? He goes a year or two from time to time with nothing. He seems selective of his projects whether they turn out good or bad.

I saw this interview a couple of weeks ago and i was surprised and dissapointed, on how he reacts when Conan asks him about Indy 5...

fast forward to 9:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBI4L72S-vM

Wow, what is up with this interview?? The whole thing...is odd! Ford acts like he's on some kind of CNS depressant, but he keeps rubbing everything - the chair, his legs, his hands - is he on ecstasy? :dunno

Weird...

Wow, what is up with this interview?? The whole thing...is odd! Ford acts like he's on some kind of CNS depressant, but he keeps rubbing everything - the chair, his legs, his hands - is he on ecstasy? :dunno

Weird...

He is baked. Its pretty well known that he is one of the biggest pot heads in Hollywood, he just doesn't normally show up in public to interviews while high.

I have never minded the Alien aspect of the story. The Gophers are just a throw away shot and I have always liked the nuked fridge part. Sure it's over the top but so is a 60 year old professor beating up russian soldiers.

No what I can not forgive the film for is the AWFUL acting, the Awful use of cgi, Awful unfunny humour, Monkey swings, monkey swings into jeeps, Marion driving the truck off the cliff..... on purpose..... to land on a tree..... on purpose..... to fall slowly in the water.....on purpose... and then to look back at everyone and smile because she knew it all along. This was worse then the monkey swing IMO. The quicksand scene was right out of a bad sit com with it's poor acting, directing, and script. Bad villians and bad allies.. Jonesy!!!!!!

Film is just bad for so many reasons. If Steven Spielberg fails to see that then I don't have much hope for the next film.

He is baked. Its pretty well known that he is one of the biggest pot heads in Hollywood, he just doesn't normally show up in public to interviews while high.

Ford-taurus.gif

I kinda liked him better when he was a little bit of an a-hole.

[ame]https://youtu.be/0QcyX9JWMMo[/ame]

That attitude came through in his playing those early roles from Star Wars to Blade Runner, which I think really added to the performances.

He really is just an actor not a celebrity. He is only joking about the money as someone said he has a very dry sense of humour. He also does not like the fake plastic side of the business. I heard him once say in an interview many years ago when he was asked why he's never seen at Hollywood party's and events. (As in kissing ass and etc for work!)

And he said " That's not me and you don't have do that when you have Steven Spielberg and George Lucas as your friends".

He was joking but I think that says it all really.

I have also heard the pot thing from people in the industry same as Brad Pitt.

I seriously doubt he was on anything. Those are some wild accusations with not much basis. The guy is rubbing the arms of the chair so instead of being uncomfortable or nervous (hell, the most beloved stars DO get nervous and show it through body language) he's using pot or other drugs? lol

He probably started doing the pot thing in order to deal with the celebrity stuff. Or he went through a mid-life crisis and got divorced, got an earring, and started doing pot.

Actually, he's been a notorious pot-head since the early 70's. Which is fine. It actually suits him. :lol

Can you guys at least provide links to legitimate articles or info to support your comments?

I have never minded the Alien aspect of the story. The Gophers are just a throw away shot and I have always liked the nuked fridge part. Sure it's over the top but so is a 60 year old professor beating up russian soldiers.

No what I can not forgive the film for is the AWFUL acting, the Awful use of cgi, Awful unfunny humour, Monkey swings, monkey swings into jeeps, Marion driving the truck off the cliff..... on purpose..... to land on a tree..... on purpose..... to fall slowly in the water.....on purpose... and then to look back at everyone and smile because she knew it all along. This was worse then the monkey swing IMO. The quicksand scene was right out of a bad sit com with it's poor acting, directing, and script. Bad villians and bad allies.. Jonesy!!!!!!

Film is just bad for so many reasons. If Steven Spielberg fails to see that then I don't have much hope for the next film.

I agree with everything you said. That whole sequence was just annoying more than anything else. There was no tension whatsoever because Marion somehow knew they would survive everything. Its one thing the viewer knowing all the characters will survive, its another thing when the characters themselves know. It removes all suspense. The character themselves might aswell be invulnerable superheroes rather than real people. It seems like they were trying too hard to make sure Marion wasn't just a damsel, but in doing so made her character pretty ridiculous.

They spent too much time trying to rekindle the chemistry they had in ROTLA which was natural. In KOTCS it was forced and it didn't flow well.

Can you guys at least provide links to legitimate articles or info to support your comments?

There was a book many years ago called Imperfect Hero it talks about when he was at university he made money selling pipes to other students and he was very popular on campus. Hint Hint !! Also it was very hard to control him on American Graffiti due to his partying ways.

As well he worked as a roadie and helped film and hung out with the Doors for a while.

Enough said really!!

I seriously doubt he was on anything. Those are some wild accusations with not much basis. The guy is rubbing the arms of the chair so instead of being uncomfortable or nervous (hell, the most beloved stars DO get nervous and show it through body language) he's using pot or other drugs? lol

are you seriously telling us you've never heard this before?
...you've got a Ford pic as your avatar and you've never heard he is a huge pot head?

Its not a rumor, its been an open joke for years.
In a recent mag I was reading a career retrospective interview with Brad Pitt. When talking about 'The Devil's Own' (his movie with Harrison Ford) he said:

Pitt: Didn't like the movie but it was a great experience
Interviewer: Is that because Harrison Ford has the best pot in Hollywood?
Pitt: (laughs) No comment there!

:rotfl
(I can't remember the first line exactly but the 2nd two are verbatim)

No I haven't and I assume a lot of others haven't either, but back to the topic, the interview shouldn't immediately be assumed that he was high.

Back