Spidey Comiquette is the most imortant Marvel Piece SS will release.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
none of those poses would match up with Carnage or Venom.

It's not so much the pose as it is the style.

So they are going to do a Spidey that matches with Venom and Carnage? Then I agree, do a whack version for the modern fans to match with their McFarlane Venom and Carnage and give us classic fans a Spidey that looks like he's eaten a meal in the last six months and doesn't scare the children!

BB

romita_montage.jpg

I would love a Ditko Spidey. A Romita one too but you have to be realistic that they are not going to produce them all at once. Hopefully they will all get made eventually.

So they are going to do a Spidey that matches with Venom and Carnage? Then I agree, do a whack version for the modern fans to match with their McFarlane Venom and Carnage and give us classic fans a Spidey that looks like he's eaten a meal in the last six months and doesn't scare the children!

BB

romita_montage.jpg

I think I've said this in previous Spidey statue threads, but I love this pose. It's simple and unique, especially when compared with other statue poses. I don't collect that many statues simply because the poses all look the same: either action poses or museum-style standing poses. It gets kind of dull after a while.

So I like seeing different poses like this, and this squatting style works perfectly with a Spider-Man statue. Yes, some people might not like the McFarlane style, but I think his exaggerated poses ONLY work for Spider-Man.

If this comiquette looks like this, I'll be sitting in front of my computer eagerly refreshing the SS page...:D

BB
Yeah, I feel similarly. And frankly, I don't mind waiting for something if it ultimately gets done correctly. I know that there are lots of fans of extremely exaggerated, "modern" interpretations of Spidey with the weird eyes and poses, but classic, iconic look or bust for me.

Most important is so relative to the collector. I would rather have another captain america then a spiderman.

Everyone knows spiderman is a Nazi.

Back