Spiderman PF record high?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eek! Well it's a good thing I decided to keep mine :) they say it's a buyers market, but some items don't really dip too much I'm summer (Doom PF, Hulk PF) Atleast from why I've seen....

Unfortunately, add postage to down here and then apply exchange rate, and I'd be looking at around $550AUD, even for that recent one.
Now, I'd like to have one, but not that much.

Eek! Well it's a good thing I decided to keep mine :) they say it's a buyers market, but some items don't really dip too much I'm summer (Doom PF, Hulk PF) Atleast from why I've seen....

Yeah most things though have seen a price decrease. It will pick back up again I think. Most likely right around the time people begin Christmas shopping. Once they get on that kick they are unstoppable. :lol Like you said though, Doom and the other grails are maintaining.

For a two year old piece that's a respectable price. Looks like the collectibles bubble is deflating as well. Guess I jumped in at the right time. :chew

For a two year old piece that's a respectable price. Looks like the collectibles bubble is deflating as well. Guess I jumped in at the right time. :chew

I wouldn't say that the "Collectibles bubble" is deflating at all. If anything it's INFLATING. Have you seen the market value of the Doom PF, Hulk PF, Maul 1:1 bust?!? Yeah..... Not deflating at all :nono

I wouldn't say that the "Collectibles bubble" is deflating at all. If anything it's INFLATING. Have you seen the market value of the Doom PF, Hulk PF, Maul 1:1 bust?!? Yeah..... Not deflating at all :nono

I think Sideshow collectibles are established players in the collectibles game. The summer typically brings lower prices and generally creates a 'buyer's market', but once the cooler months arrive I'm willing to bet that prices will be back on the rise.

2k doom PFs, 1k wolverine ex. comiquettes, and 2k venom life sized busts are just around the corner... mark my words.

Mark MY words...I WILL get a doom PF. Don't know how soon, but it's a goal of mine. I hope to get one cheap, maybe next summer :eek: And I'm NOT buying to flip. I have a personal attachment to this one :)

Last edited:
Mark MY words...I WILL get a doom PF. Don't know how soon, but it's a goal of mine. I hope to be it cheap, maybe next summer. And I'm NOT buying to flip. I have a personal attachment to this one :)

Consider those words marked :D

Mark MY words...I WILL get a doom PF. Don't know how soon, but it's a goal of mine. I hope to be it cheap, maybe next summer. And I'm NOT buying to flip. I have a personal attachment to this one :)

If you were buying to flip, that boat left a long time ago.

Not deflating at all, this is a yearly cycle if you will.
Most pieces fluctuate and decrease during the summer for whatever reason,people saving for holidays, or new house things. Its the same this time every year.
Of course there are the exceptions to this rule like those that have been mentioned that retain their value and sometimes even increase, Doom PF.X-men Dio #1, during the summer months.
Its during this time that you find out what the true grails (and I hate using that word as its so overused here) are in this hobby of ours, because their value hardly changes at all.

The prices will start climbing again soon, I can pretty much guarantee it, give it a couple of months.
x :peace

There WILL come a point where the insane prices will not be paid, and we are almost there. For a few select items that people have been planning and saving for (Doom and Hulk) you will see a bit more of the $1500 to $1700 purchases but once those are gone this will not continue. Boom and bust applies to all markets and this one will be no different. And if they are flippers thinking that these prices will continue to increase at these rates they are kidding themselves my friend because the average collector will not even consider those prices.

I don't think the 'average collector' are the ones buying these pieces. Marvel is 1000 times hotter and more popular than LOTR, and those pieces, with a similar, and some might say higher ES, sell for more than some of the Marvel grails. And this is years after the fervor has died down on LOTR. If a Balrog with an ES of 1000 fetches $2K, for a character who has about 2 minutes of screen time, what does that do for the Hulk PF, which has almost 50 years of history, marketing, and continuing storylines going for it? I don't think we're near the highpoint for these items yet, and probably won't be for another 12 months to 2 years, especially with more Marvel movies coming. If the Avengers is a hit, we might really see a spike.

I don't think the 'average collector' are the ones buying these pieces. Marvel is 1000 times hotter and more popular than LOTR, and those pieces, with a similar, and some might say higher ES, sell for more than some of the Marvel grails. And this is years after the fervor has died down on LOTR. If a Balrog with an ES of 1000 fetches $2K, for a character who has about 2 minutes of screen time, what does that do for the Hulk PF, which has almost 50 years of history, marketing, and continuing storylines going for it? I don't think we're near the highpoint for these items yet, and probably won't be for another 12 months to 2 years, especially with more Marvel movies coming. If the Avengers is a hit, we might really see a spike.

preach, brother, preach... :D

There WILL come a point where the insane prices will not be paid, and we are almost there. For a few select items that people have been planning and saving for (Doom and Hulk) you will see a bit more of the $1500 to $1700 purchases but once those are gone this will not continue. Boom and bust applies to all markets and this one will be no different. And if they are flippers thinking that these prices will continue to increase at these rates they are kidding themselves my friend because the average collector will not even consider those prices.

i beg to differ, since every collector hopes and wishes for the piece that can be the ONE(grail), the ONE that can be the center of all his collection. some of us are lucky enough maybe to have a couple or several. for those out there that have just gotten in this hobby (myself included, just over a year now), and all of the people that haven't even found it yet. the ONES will hold their prices nicely. don't forget, i don't think they are making anymore of them. or are they? damn recasters:lol:lol

also more of these ONES are finding homes that they will never be sold from, and of course that means less available for the newer collectors. as well with new movies coming out every year, it only feeds the hype around these statues.

No offence but if thats what you think then you clearly don't know the collectables market or the average collector.
If a piece is sought after by an individual, a lot of the time they will go to any means to get it,including paying many times retail for it.
To many these items are priceless and could never be bought any other way and may never be sold again.
As more of these items fall into the hands of more collectors,auctions for them may dry up in frequency which will only drive the price higher as it is a rarer product.
When it somes to Marvel at the moment at least and certainly for a while I don't think there are any limits
imo anyway
x :peace

Back