Spiderman PF record high?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not deflating at all, this is a yearly cycle if you will.
Most pieces fluctuate and decrease during the summer for whatever reason,people saving for holidays, or new house things. Its the same this time every year.
Of course there are the exceptions to this rule like those that have been mentioned that retain their value and sometimes even increase, Doom PF.X-men Dio #1, during the summer months.
Its during this time that you find out what the true grails (and I hate using that word as its so overused here) are in this hobby of ours, because their value hardly changes at all.

The prices will start climbing again soon, I can pretty much guarantee it, give it a couple of months.
x :peace

It would appear that everyone is conducting business as usual when nothing could be further from the truth. Many are struggling now just to make ends meet and we are still in the mist of an epic economic downturn that is not even close to having run it's course. $2000 bucks for a collectible is already out of the question for the average collector. Even the diehards will begin to question the merits in dropping that kind of money for ONE piece as food and energy prices continue to escalate and cut into our "play money". With two grand I would purchase one PF for $250 -$279 and put the rest in gold and silver bullion. But I'm a practical sort as well. :peace

No offence but if thats what you think then you clearly don't know the collectables market or the average collector.
If a piece is sought after by an individual, a lot of the time they will go to any means to get it,including paying many times retail for it.
To many these items are priceless and could never be bought any other way and may never be sold again.
As more of these items fall into the hands of more collectors,auctions for them may dry up in frequency which will only drive the price higher as it is a rarer product.
When it somes to Marvel at the moment at least and certainly for a while I don't think there are any limits
imo anyway

who is in your avatar :monkey5

No offence but if thats what you think then you clearly don't know the collectables market or the average collector.
If a piece is sought after by an individual, a lot of the time they will go to any means to get it,including paying many times retail for it.
To many these items are priceless and could never be bought any other way and may never be sold again.
As more of these items fall into the hands of more collectors,auctions for them may dry up in frequency which will only drive the price higher as it is a rarer product.
When it somes to Marvel at the moment at least and certainly for a while I don't think there are any limits
imo anyway

your's sounds so much better than mine, same point though:cool::cool:

It would appear that everyone is conducting business as usual when nothing could be further from the truth. Many are struggling now just to make ends meet and we are still in the mist of an epic economic downturn that is not even close to having run it's course. $2000 bucks for a collectible is already out of the question for the average collector. Even the diehards will begin to question the merits in dropping that kind of money for ONE piece as food and energy prices continue to escalate and cut into our "play money". With two grand I would purchase one PF for $250 -$279 and put the rest in gold and silver bullion. But I'm a practical sort as well. :peace

everyone in different situations, and i hope that things work out in the end for those that are truely in hard times. in saying that, we are in a world market place. with likes of ebay and others, if it's bad there then, it's not going to be bad everywhere else. i'm from western canada, and the economy is hot as hell, and it's even cooler off some since last year.

wrong hobby :lol

Dude, you wanna talk about the WRONG hobby?? How about paintings and artwork.... Holy moly. I was talking to my dad, who collects paintings and art work, about my collecting. I felt like an idiot after talking about how expensive some of these statues can be :lol Lets just say, with the price of only ONE of the paintings he's acquired he could buy Literally every SS Grail AND buy a house to put them in.... Not even kidding :eek:

Well, I remember you stating you joined here to do market research so I assume marketing strategies and merits of practicalities will all be part of that. However what you seem not to be grasping is the passion that comes with collecting. Some people collect these things because they are items of beauty, some because they remind them of childhood, some just want that special item they have been searching for for a very long time.

Economics and and business do not have a total bearing on the decision of a collector.
Heck, there was a collector who frequented here regularly (until recently)who pleaded poverty everyday,practically ate just bread if we were to believe him and yet he still had many Tolkien books and 1/6 figures for a collection.
What i'm saying is its not about the practicalities or lack there of, if a collector wants an item badly enough for whatever reason, they will find a way to get their most prized possession in their collection.
who is in your avatar :monkey5
Thats Anastacia, my baby (i wish) :monkey5
Everyone seems to like my new Avatar, good taste people :rock

Dude, you wanna talk about the WRONG hobby?? How about paintings and artwork.... Holy moly. I was talking to my dad, who collects paintings and art work, about my collecting. I felt like an idiot after talking about how expensive some of these statues can be :lol Lets just say, with the price of only ONE of the paintings he's acquired he could buy Literally every SS Grail AND buy a house to put them in.... Not even kidding :eek:

Sideshow is ART to me. That's why I got started; the piece have a beauty all their own.

Well, I remember you stating you joined here to do market research so I assume marketing strategies and merits of practicalities will all be part of that. However what you seem not to be grasping is the passion that comes with collecting. Some people collect these things because they are items of beauty, some because they remind them of childhood, some just want that special item they have been searching for for a very long time.

Economics and and business do not have a total bearing on the decision of a collector.
Heck, there was a collector who frequented here regularly (until recently)who pleaded poverty everyday,practically ate just bread if we were to believe him and yet he still had many Tolkien books and 1/6 figures for a collection.
What i'm saying is its not about the practicalities or lack there of, if a collector wants an item badly enough for whatever reason, they will find a way to get their most prized possession in their collection.

Thats Anastacia, my baby (i wish) :monkey5
Everyone seems to like my new Avatar, good taste people :rock

I have passion but said passion will not overrule sound judgement. At first glance this would appear to be the classic Ponzi scheme where the suckers on the botton pay through the nose to support the top. Keep in mine no one who started from the beginning paid $1500 to acquire their Doom and Hulk PFs. So with a little razzle dazzle, hype and self promotion you suddenly have the "unobtainable" pieces becoming obtainable for massive sums. I started in June and have acquired four PFs and four comiquettes at modest premiums (with proceeds from gold and silver profit taking early in the year I might add) and will continue to go this route until I get a handle on Marvel Sideshow collecting. I appreciate the input that I've gotten from you folks here; learned quite a bit in my short time here but time, as always, will ultimately tell the tale for these pieces...and I have far more time them money so I shall continue to wait for the bargains out there and increase my knowledge here.

everyone in different situations, and i hope that things work out in the end for those that are truely in hard times. in saying that, we are in a world market place. with likes of ebay and others, if it's bad there then, it's not going to be bad everywhere else. i'm from western canada, and the economy is hot as hell, and it's even cooler off some since last year.

This is 100% true . . some of the biggest purchases from my ebay store recently have been overseas buyers.

I know that a vast majority of these pieces will at least retain their value if not apprectiate a bit over time, so maybe that's why I'm having such a tough time letting these marvel grails go. Even though LOTR is/was my first true collecting 'love', I can't get myself to let some of these marvel pieces go because of how rare they are and what they are/could potentially be worth.

LOTR vs. Marvel...

both can are great examples of art in their rightful line. both have very valuable pieces as well as those that are extremely difficult to come by. both are very visually appealing and attract attention/start conversations no matter where they're displayed.

what to do, what to do?

I know that a vast majority of these pieces will at least retain their value if not apprectiate a bit over time, so maybe that's why I'm having such a tough time letting these marvel grails go. Even though LOTR is/was my first true collecting 'love', I can't get myself to let some of these marvel pieces go because of how rare they are and what they are/could potentially be worth.

LOTR vs. Marvel...

both can are great examples of art in their rightful line. both have very valuable pieces as well as those that are extremely difficult to come by. both are very visually appealing and attract attention/start conversations no matter where they're displayed.

what to do, what to do?

Marvel is crap, get rid of the Marvel son...

*Jedi mind tricking
you don't want grey hulk PF, you don't want grey hulk vs spiderman.... GIVE DEM 2 DA SKIMAN....

You want to get out of Marvel

LOTR vs. Marvel...

what to do, what to do?

I'm a packrat by nature and have a storage unit full of junk/treasure so I cannot foresee anyway that I will be giving up any of my pieces. I have grown quite attached to numerous things over the years but I'm absolutely floored by these Sideshow marvel items. They are brilliant in so many ways and on so many levels I cannot imagine selling them. Rarely have I owned anything that is so satisfying; and I've got some NICE stuff.

Last edited:
Back