Media Spider-Man [PS4 Insomniac] Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New info from game Informer I got from shh

You start off with the traditional suit
They don't explain the white spider, but do explain some aspects of the new suit, the red parts on the suit are made for armor reinforcement, where he might get hit the most and the blue parts are used for flexibility in order to traverse easier
They saw silhouettes of a dozen suits, but they said there would be more in the final game
It seems like certain suits will have their own abilities
Combat:
It's fast and fluid
Spider-Man jumps from one enemy to the next with ease
All about giving the player choices; webbing up and using items, fighting enemies in the air, using gadgets, finishing moves.
Peter Parker:
The part that they got to play with Peter Parker is the one we see in the PGW trailer at the F.E.A.S.T shelter
Walk around the shelter interacting with various items, speaking to characters
They compare it to those quiet moments in Uncharted games where people are walking around going about their business interacting with each other and various things in the environment
The Open World:
The city is densely packed with people and life. Saying that none of the details disappear when they are at a distance
Can interact with citizens; take selfies with them, high five, finger guns
Definitely Marvel's Universe; Avengers building, Wakandan Embassy
Side Activities:
One has you grabbing various backpacks that Peter has webbed up in the past , the one they picked up in the demo had and image Spider-Man's old webshooters
Taskmaster has placed various bombs all over the city that need to be defused
Earn crafting components for competing these missions, bonus objectives during them give you more materials
Outposts that are run by Kingpin need to be taken down
Seems like Shocker bit from the trailer is tied into a side mission
Random crimes happen; robberies (actually get to go into interiors), car chases.
Take photos of some golden cats that are strewn about by Black Cat
Leveling System:
Gain experience for doing various tasks; finding landmarks, combat, exploration.
Various traversal upgrades; swing speed, faster launching
Gadgets:
Tripwire which we've seen in the demo
Web bomb which incapacitates a group of enemies at once
Spider Drone which can shoot webs of it's own at enemies
DLC "City Never Sleeps":
Committed to keeping people engaged after the main story
Each will feature a unique villain, storyline, missions, challenges, and suits
First one is called "The Heist" and features the Black Cat
Minor Story Details:
Mary Jane and Peter are not together at the time
Game opens up with having to take down Kingpin
Opens up in Peter's apartment showing some daily bugle cut outs of Vulture, Electro, Scorpion and Rhino. Doesn't confirm them as villains in the game, just that some cutouts of them getting captured by Spider-Man are there.
The best part is the quote at the end:

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game

Man I’m so stoked for this. If anyone needs video game recognition and great games it’s spidey. We haven’t had a good game since 2004

The little bit of swinging that was show looked excellent. Spidey needs heavy animation and frames for it to look true to the character. I just hope it doesn't feel like floating.

Last Spidey game I played was for Dreamcast and it is still by far my all time Spider-Man game. This one looks incredible but sadly I don't have a PS4.

New info from game Informer I got from shh

You start off with the traditional suit
They don't explain the white spider, but do explain some aspects of the new suit, the red parts on the suit are made for armor reinforcement, where he might get hit the most and the blue parts are used for flexibility in order to traverse easier
They saw silhouettes of a dozen suits, but they said there would be more in the final game
It seems like certain suits will have their own abilities
Combat:
It's fast and fluid
Spider-Man jumps from one enemy to the next with ease
All about giving the player choices; webbing up and using items, fighting enemies in the air, using gadgets, finishing moves.
Peter Parker:
The part that they got to play with Peter Parker is the one we see in the PGW trailer at the F.E.A.S.T shelter
Walk around the shelter interacting with various items, speaking to characters
They compare it to those quiet moments in Uncharted games where people are walking around going about their business interacting with each other and various things in the environment
The Open World:
The city is densely packed with people and life. Saying that none of the details disappear when they are at a distance
Can interact with citizens; take selfies with them, high five, finger guns
Definitely Marvel's Universe; Avengers building, Wakandan Embassy
Side Activities:
One has you grabbing various backpacks that Peter has webbed up in the past , the one they picked up in the demo had and image Spider-Man's old webshooters
Taskmaster has placed various bombs all over the city that need to be defused
Earn crafting components for competing these missions, bonus objectives during them give you more materials
Outposts that are run by Kingpin need to be taken down
Seems like Shocker bit from the trailer is tied into a side mission
Random crimes happen; robberies (actually get to go into interiors), car chases.
Take photos of some golden cats that are strewn about by Black Cat
Leveling System:
Gain experience for doing various tasks; finding landmarks, combat, exploration.
Various traversal upgrades; swing speed, faster launching
Gadgets:
Tripwire which we've seen in the demo
Web bomb which incapacitates a group of enemies at once
Spider Drone which can shoot webs of it's own at enemies
DLC "City Never Sleeps":
Committed to keeping people engaged after the main story
Each will feature a unique villain, storyline, missions, challenges, and suits
First one is called "The Heist" and features the Black Cat
Minor Story Details:
Mary Jane and Peter are not together at the time
Game opens up with having to take down Kingpin
Opens up in Peter's apartment showing some daily bugle cut outs of Vulture, Electro, Scorpion and Rhino. Doesn't confirm them as villains in the game, just that some cutouts of them getting captured by Spider-Man are there.
The best part is the quote at the end:

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game

Thanks for that, man! I was excited for this game before, but that info just turned it up to 11.

This looks great. I'm assuming it's definitely getting pro graphics enhancement options for 4K displays.

Spider-Man 2 was the last Spidey game I played and while its web-slinging mechanic was unrivalled in 2004, I thought it otherwise lacked substance. The first movie's game felt more complete and I loved that it allowed me to play as the Green Goblin, but I preferred Neversoft's 3D offering overall. I'm hoping (read: praying) that this game lives up to the hype it's receiving as I'm desperate for another satisfying 3D Spider-Man game.

My favourite Spider-Man games of all will forever be the 2D side-scrolling "Beat 'Em Ups," though, that were abundantly released during the 8, 16 and 32 bit eras: Maximum Carnage, Separation Anxiety, The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin (I loved taking pictures!), etc. Or this gem, which I will someday have in my game room:

031ae6bc65530ab0b4847a2849b4858e.jpg

Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Wolverine Origins are 2 games that easily blow away any Spiderman game ever made.

Last edited:
Jumpin' animation is not fluid at all, I don't like it.
Maybe they were tryin' to make it realistic but these quick abrupt movements are horrible.
Camera is also a bit too far away from the character, which makes it look dated and boring AF.

Back