Premium Format Spider-Man Premium Format Figure 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understood. Hence, the smiley face. Maybe I need to find the "sarcasm" emoji next time.

Here, just use this:

giphy.gif

I can only assume you did not watch the video..

That's a worse then the average seam... And I have the last Spidey which also had the seam..

Your Argument for "Its a mask" does not really hold water either... As he is not drawn that way nor does it appear that way in the movies.

then you would assume wrong. I watched the video and just about every other unboxing/review of him.

I could have worded my response better but the overall theme on this forum is always negative city. I don't see an "issue" with the seem on this piece unlike the killer croc where not only is it a bad seem but the paint doesn't even match the head and neck on that piece.
On this one, the web design lines on the suit helps mask it really good.

Just unboxed mine and both heads look great. cheers

The previous PF is a great piece. I don?t think anyone feels the need to justify that purchase.

not a fan of that statue(personal taste)but you're right, it IS also a great piece!

my point was...its also natural human behavior to want/think you have the best version of something, if you deny that you're nuts. so when a newer version comes out, never fails, people find something to complain about.

you can spot a seem on any XM Venom much easier, which I own, before you would on this piece. depends on what you're looking for. I can provide pics later if anyone wants. In person its fine and trust me I'd ***** if it was an eye sore.

my point was...its also natural human behavior to want/think you have the best version of something, if you deny that you're nuts. so when a newer version comes out, never fails, people find something to complain about.

Personally, I'm thrilled when a better version of a character that I already own is revealed. I guess I'm nuts.

not a fan of that statue(personal taste)but you're right, it IS also a great piece!

you can spot a seem on any XM Venom much easier, which I own, before you would on this piece. depends on what you're looking for. I can provide pics later if anyone wants. In person its fine and trust me I'd ***** if it was an eye sore.

I can?t speak for anyone else... I actually sold the last Spidey with the thought of getting this so personally i was not finding a reason to *****... Seams are always a major complaint among collectors.... That first in hand unboxing video was ruff.... other vids have looked better.... Probably going to Order tonight.

Yes you should post pics.... This thread is dying for some.

I'm surprised the dislike that this status seems to be getting.

While I have no intention of getting it myself as I'm quite pleased with the last PF, I actually do like this new piece that Sideshow has put out.

This must be your first time on this forum. I?ve yet to see a statue that people didn?t piss and moan about.

Received mine on Thursday! Looks excellent. The seam is noticeable if you're looking for it but otherwise not much of an issue. Especially at most viewing angles this statue will be displayed at. My Collector's head had a few small issues and SS is replacing it.

Spidey.jpg

Overall, it's a very nice Spidey. The neck seam does bug me a bit, but if I didn't have a blue/red version already, I'd prolly bite.

That neck seam kills it for me. I'm not a fan of this piece in general. I do like the paint app though.

Anybody with it in-hand with some advice on the claws:
1. I can't get one to light. Am I not tightening enough?
2. Do they just sit in the hole? They feel very unsecured.

Anybody with it in-hand with some advice on the claws:
1. I can't get one to light. Am I not tightening enough?
2. Do they just sit in the hole? They feel very unsecured.

1. Did you open the battery compartment and remove the piece of paper that blocks contact with the battery? If so, there should be nothing else to it but screwing it closed and pressing the button.

2. They're friction fit and should push into the hole with a bit of force. Be careful and try to apply pressure from the center, not on the claws themselves, which are likely to break if you do.

I know this will be classified as nitpicking but even the seam on the right arm is a bit annoying as well. I just think the ‘groove’ could’ve been a bit tighter is all.

But all in all it’s a good looking piece.

For its pose I prefer the figure on the previous premium format, but I much prefer the base on this one.

Received mine on Thursday! Looks excellent. The seam is noticeable if you're looking for it but otherwise not much of an issue. Especially at most viewing angles this statue will be displayed at. My Collector's head had a few small issues and SS is replacing it.

View attachment 477584

Nice pic... Do you have any Hulk pieces to take a pic of this piece next to? Would like to see how they look together.. I always think that Hulk and Spidey go together like PB and J.

Nice pic... Do you have any Hulk pieces to take a pic of this piece next to? Would like to see how they look together.. I always think that Hulk and Spidey go together like PB and J.

I don't own any Hulk pieces, sorry.

Edit: Here is a size comparison with Daredevil, if anyone is interested in how he scales with other PFs:

IMG_3760(1).jpg

Last edited:
My wife said it looks like Spider-man is striking a dance pose... Now I cant unsee it.. Ordered Logan PF instead. :lol

Someone mentioned that to me as well. If you take the pose out of context I could see that but if you look at how it relates and connects to the base it makes sense.

The base, the suit texture in this new PF is better than the previous. The previous pose is more dynamic and more affordable. Either one is good =)

Back