Premium Format Spider-Man Premium Format Figure 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A horrendous quality concern with the latest sideshow PF Spider-man statue. The statue lacks any craftsmanship. The quick slap job of a final product is insulting. I've included pictures to help illustrate my concerns; however, I'm sure SS is well aware and "OK'ED" to ship.

1.) The following statue's left arm has a hideous seam that appears to have been glued on quick without any concerns of quality.

2.) The head seam which is expected at times is so distracting that I want to turn the statue in a way to avoid the cringe of seeing his face/neck.

From the tone of my post, you can tell I'm not a happy customer and from my SS orders and future orders, I have my doubts with Sideshows quality.

IMG_20200213_220113.jpg
IMG_20200213_220055.jpg

there is no space on my hand, it looks as intended - gloves of the suit.

the head seam, well I suppose if u take a pic from an inch away, you will see a seam looking for it.

lol at "horrendous quality concern":rotfl

there is no space on my hand, it looks as intended - gloves of the suit.

the head seam, well I suppose if u take a pic from an inch away, you will see a seam looking for it.

lol at "horrendous quality concern":rotfl

:exactly:

I was worried about it after seeing the first few images/videos and the immediate backlash but it looks fantastic in-hand and those small "issues" aren't noticeable.

:exactly:

I was worried about it after seeing the first few images/videos and the immediate backlash but it looks fantastic in-hand and those small "issues" aren't noticeable.

Total agree with you. Asked some of my friends (who don't collect statues) and they couldn't even notice the neck seam or other small issues that have been raised by others. Sometimes we blow things out of proportion while no one even cares or even notices. Every guest I've had over until now has been amazed with this piece.

A horrendous quality concern with the latest sideshow PF Spider-man statue. The statue lacks any craftsmanship. The quick slap job of a final product is insulting. I've included pictures to help illustrate my concerns; however, I'm sure SS is well aware and "OK'ED" to ship.

1.) The following statue's left arm has a hideous seam that appears to have been glued on quick without any concerns of quality.

2.) The head seam which is expected at times is so distracting that I want to turn the statue in a way to avoid the cringe of seeing his face/neck.

From the tone of my post, you can tell I'm not a happy customer and from my SS orders and future orders, I have my doubts with Sideshows quality.

View attachment 478913
View attachment 478914

I honestly don't see that the problem is in your pics! I think he looks good

just got this. Very nice piece. My Ex head actually has a better seam then the reg head.

Anyways this has to be my fav SSC base ever produced. Just about perfect. I never stair at the base.. But this one I do.

Well done SS

I don't have any Spidey pieces but this is definitely a great one. I've held off on buying it because then I'd have to eventually buy a Venom, and then some Spidey Villains and I just don't have the space.

Back