Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE 1, like 2 directors cut a-lot and can tolerate 3.

With 3, we already know where it went wrong but for me it goes even deeper than the multiple villians.

There was a level of cheesiness throughout 3.

There was some not so great CGI elements mixed with some excellent CGI mixed with some odd story elements like Spidey's rescue of Gwen then he just not dealing with the greater disaster taking place. :huh

And dont give me this he got bullied into Venom bs, he should have known better, hes a professional. You think Kubrick or Scorsese are gonna do a rewrite because of some fat ass kids dressed like stormtroopers. By making that arguement you strengthen my case.

I agree with your box office gross doesn't make a good movie but I disagree that rami is a hack. spiderman 3 was out of his control. it's been well documented that venom was forced into 3, and rami had to remove the vulture from the screen play and in turn had to include venom. Avi is the one that put that on him. hopefully now with number four, we'll get vulture, and I think rami will kick ass with him as a main villian. either him or lizard. and now that rami has stood his ground and said, either give me full control, or you get someone else to make spider man, I think he'll be back to form on what made spider man 2 so good.

I agree with your box office gross doesn't make a good movie but I disagree that rami is a hack. spiderman 3 was out of his control. it's been well documented that venom was forced into 3, and rami had to remove the vulture from the screen play and in turn had to include venom. Avi is the one that put that on him. hopefully now with number four, we'll get vulture, and I think rami will kick ass with him as a main villian. either him or lizard. and now that rami has stood his ground and said, either give me full control, or you get someone else to make spider man, I think he'll be back to form on what made spider man 2 so good.

Well said

But if he had included vulture instead of Venom, wouldn't it have lead to the same problem?

The amnesia angle in the movie bugs me as does the lame scar he gets from a bomb going off in his face plus the odd story angle of the butler ar the end.

That and Spidey doing nothing other than saving Gwen with the entire high rise in collapse.

But nothing is worse than that annoying male newscaster at the end spelling everthing out for us.....ugh!

Did I mention that I love 1 and like 2.1alot :lol

Last edited:
It would be cool if they did the sinister 6 but I'm not sure they could intertwine all the villians....they had these problems in spiderman 3 and that movie only had 3 villians

Well said

But if he had included vulture instead of Venom, wouldn't it have lead to the same problem?

The amnesia angle in the movie bugs me as does the lame scar he gets from a bomb going off in his face plus the odd story angle of the butler ar the end.

That and Spidey doing nothing other than saving Gwen with the entire high rise in collapse.

But nothing is worse than that annoying male newscaster at the end spelling everthing out for us.....ugh!

Did I mention that I love 1 and like 2.1alot :lol

my problem with three is how they handled the black suit story line. it felt like rami was spitting in the face of anyone that liked that story and pretty much said, "this is what i think of this crap". the fight when harry gets scarred I believe would have been completely different considering peter would never have been under the influence of the black suit if venom was never in the movie. alot of things would have changed, even in the end fight. rami had a great game plan for a great film, Avi ruined that. hopefully with this one rami will get his way. lets not forget that rami had to cut 20 plus minutes of footage that we will probably never see, alot of which is dedicated to sandman trying to find a cure for his daughter. and I like 1 but I love 2. For me, 2 is second to only the dark knight in the comic book movies.

my problem with three is how they handled the black suit story line. it felt like rami was spitting in the face of anyone that liked that story and pretty much said, "this is what i think of this crap". the fight when harry gets scarred I believe would have been completely different considering peter would never have been under the influence of the black suit if venom was never in the movie. alot of things would have changed, even in the end fight. rami had a great game plan for a great film, Avi ruined that. hopefully with this one rami will get his way. lets not forget that rami had to cut 20 plus minutes of footage that we will probably never see, alot of which is dedicated to sandman trying to find a cure for his daughter. and I like 1 but I love 2. For me, 2 is second to only the dark knight in the comic book movies.

True

Spidey 1 and 2 are in the same league as BB and TDK.

Spidey 2 is more of a personal journey story vs TDK's grander scale.

All really good.

i agree that a high gross does not make a good movie however

Rank Title USA Box Office
1. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
2. The Dark Knight (2008) $533,316,061
3. Star Wars (1977) $460,935,665
4. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
5. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
6. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $423,032,628
8. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375
9. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) $396,758,605
10. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) $380,262,555
11. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) $377,019,252
12. Spider-Man 2 (2004) $373,377,893
13. The Passion of the Christ (2004) $370,270,943
14. Jurassic Park (1993) $356,784,000
15. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) $340,478,898
16. Finding Nemo (2003) $339,714,367
17. Spider-Man 3 (2007) $336,530,303
18. Forrest Gump (1994) $329,691,196
19. The Lion King (1994) $328,423,001
20. Shrek the Third (2007) $320,706,665

give or take one or two of those depending on taste, tell me you don't think the majority of that top 20 are good movies?

as far as being a hack director, i'd still argue that he's not at all, a hack director i would say would be someone who just turns in lazy retreads and uninspired run of the mill films, no greater example of this than brett ratner. however i'd argue that sam raimi is most definately not a hack director...where has he made the same film twice? if you say evil dead 1 and 2 i'd disagree, first one was a horror film, the second one is clearly a horror comedy, and the entirety of the remake part of evil dead 1 in that movie is over in 15 mins, and only there to bring people who haven't seen the first movie up to speed with certain characters. now i understand if you have a problem with plots for the spiderman films, but then you're never gonna please everybody, things have to change for a movie, character arcs that last years in the comics have to be over in two hours...things have to change. and as far as spiderman 3 goes, sure it's silly, sure it's a little far fetched...however the comic source material is not always rooted in the real world....we are talking about an alien symbiote coming down on a meteorite here, and in the comics it was an alien suit he got....from a vending machine type thing lol, imagine if they'd put that in a film.

now you could argue about lots of things that make the movies good or bad, but then you could also nitpick faults with classic movies, widely regarded as masterpieces, point is, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it...doesn't mean everyone will agree with you....and i think most people here have already shown this.

gotta add that i'm in no way having a go at you mate lol, like i said you're entitled to your views and opinions.

True

Spidey 1 and 2 are in the same league as BB and TDK.

Spidey 2 is more of a personal journey story vs TDK's grander scale.

All really good.

SM as good as TDK? I dunno about that. BB sure. I think when it comes to comic books though, TDK is in a class of its own.

I've never thought how much a movie makes was a good way to judge a movie. Give me number of tickets sold. That's a much better yardstick than dollars. I believe Gone With the Wind still holds the record for most ticket sales. Has it been dethroned yet?

I still don't think ticket sales should Judge a movie... Just because you buy the ticket doesn't mean you LIKED the movie... even if you walk out of a movie, you still bought the ticket... does that make the movie a success?

wasn't trying to say that tickets sold makes a good movie, was merely stating that obviously really good movies clearly make lots of money too.... as in the top 20 highest grossing movies.... i'd ask anyone to look at that and say that they don't like half of those films, if not more. however i'm not trying to say just because a movie didn't make billions of dollars it's not a good film, many of my favourite films hardly dented the box office of the big boys, does that make them any less of a movie? nope. but what i was trying to prove was that all three spiderman films grossed a lot of money and were critically acclaimed....well the first two, not so much 3 although i did like that too. my main point of contention was sam raimi being called a hack.

SM as good as TDK? I dunno about that. BB sure. I think when it comes to comic books though, TDK is in a class of its own.

Spidey 1 and 2 together make for an awesome personal journey but yeah I would also agree that TDK all by itself even without BB is indeed an exceptional movie although BB isn't no slouch either.

If you're going to use bad grammar at least go whole hog and say "ain't no slouch." :lol

I've never thought how much a movie makes was a good way to judge a movie. Give me number of tickets sold. That's a much better yardstick than dollars. I believe Gone With the Wind still holds the record for most ticket sales. Has it been dethroned yet?

I don't know if anyone checks tickets sold but boxofficemojo has top grossing with ticket price inflation.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

If the prices are adjusted for inflation its good enough for me. It certainly changes the ranking, doesn't it?

Go Gone With the Wind. :rock

If the prices are adjusted for inflation its good enough for me. It certainly changes the ranking, doesn't it?

Go Gone With the Wind. :rock

:lecture The list looks alot better now.

One funny thing about the list, though. If you check TDK, it actually lost money after they adjusted the gross :lol

Dylan Baker Returning for Spider-Man 4
Source: UGO
October 22, 2009

UGO reports that Dylan Baker confirmed last night at a Trick 'r Treat screening in New York that he'll be back as Dr. Curt Connors in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4.

There's been a lot of speculation that Connors will finally become The Lizard in the fourth installment, but Baker said that he had just gotten his first call about the film that very day.

The site says that Trick 'r Treat director Michael Dougherty ribbed him about "just appearing in the background," and Baker said that's what he'd be doing. It is, of course, unknown if Baker can say anything at this point, so it might be too early to take that as a fact.

Ever since Dylan Baker first appeared in Spider-Man 2 as Empire State University professor Dr. Curt Connors, people have been buzzing about whether we might ever see him turn into Spider-Man's scaliest foe The Lizard. Unfortunately, we don't have the answer to that question just yet, but UGO had people at the Walter Reade screening of Michael Dougherty's Trick 'r Treat last night where actor Dylan Baker confirmed he would be returning as Connors for Spider-Man 4, when asked about it during a post-screening Q & A. He didn't go into details about how big or small his role might be in the fourth installment, although it seemed like it would be another "background" part, rather than The Lizard taking center stage as the next Spider-Man villain.

Columbia Pictures is planning a May 5, 2011 release in conventional and IMAX theaters.

I still don't think ticket sales should Judge a movie... Just because you buy the ticket doesn't mean you LIKED the movie... even if you walk out of a movie, you still bought the ticket... does that make the movie a success?

You're getting your success mixed up. A few million people might buy tickets and hate the movie, but it's still a financial success if they more then cover expenses. To the people that financed the movie, they have an incentive to make another one. Until the money runs dry.

Back