Sphero's R2-D2 in scale with Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the sphero was a little closer to scale as well. Funny seeing medi's in threads still, sometimes I forgot how out of scale they were.

yeah the sphero is lot closer to scale then medicom was. the sphero might not have the balk like the HT does but it still a cool little droid to have on the shelf.

Bumping this thread. How is this r2? Worth getting? Target has it on sale with a free force band. Amazon also has it cheaper but without the force band.

You would need to weather the ***** out of it to get it to look serviceable. It's a toy, a fun little toy but the detail and paneling are not sharp. The size is probably a tad smaller than the Tamashii and the Hot Toys versions as well.

At Target this was $180 back in October when I bought it.

They had a 25% off all toys promotion a couple weeks back which dropped the price down to about $121 from an already discounted $165.

Then Cyber Monday they had a further price drop and a 15% off deal on line to top of that.

I was able to take the $180 one back and finally ended up paying $115 (including tax). I bought two. One to weather up and the other to remain stock and shiny.

Is he worth it? I think so. Even with slightly less sharp, or correct, detail the fact that it "behaves" and sounds like the real character, with a much larger vocabulary of sounds than the HT, is a HUGE point in ti's favor over the others. Those are great figures, for sure. But since none of these are perfect, I'll take the one that actually gives the impression of being an autonomous robot.

yeah love mine weathered the **** out of him. IMG_0368.jpg

In fact I think it worth every penny! Great sounds, lights, and behavior. Even with the "very clean look", its amazing. Looks great with weathering. Very nice technology on this little dude

Enviado desde mi SM-G900M mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback fellas. So $133 shipped with the force band from target current sell is pretty good deal then. Amazon also has it for $120 with free prime shipping.

The Sphero R2 is cool as a toy and but definitely not to be displayed along side SS/HT figures because of its obvious look. Size and details are nothing compared to the SS, HT or Tamashii.

Deal of the Day on Amazon today (12/10) ...$91. The fun factor with this figure makes that price pretty much a steal IMO.

Deal of the Day on Amazon today (12/10) ...$91. The fun factor with this figure makes that price pretty much a steal IMO.

That is a great price. If interested you can also buy at Target for $105 and get the force band free. I was going to pass but at this price I am in.

it`s a great figure with a little detailing weathering he looks great. might not have the girth of the HT or Tama. but the movements and light sounds make up for it in the long run.

1/6 scale collectible-wise I only have the SS R2 (holding out for a HT OT version) but one thing I noticed about the sphero version is that the dome finish is really nice, MUCH better than the SS, which is quite annoying and makes the SS version harder to live with in the collection!

Nothing beats surprising your guests when the display comes alive and the dome starts moving around :)

Thanks for the feedback fellas. So $133 shipped with the force band from target current sell is pretty good deal then. Amazon also has it for $120 with free prime shipping.

what's the deal with the "force band"?

what's the deal with the "force band"?
It's a little gadget that let you control the droids (bb8) with movements of your hand/wrist. Not sure if it actually works with r2 Anyway.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Ha anyone got the watch epithet me function to work on R2?

Back