Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worth what people are prepared to pay for it I guess. You see ridiculous prices for stuff on ebay, doesn't mean people buy it.
My rule for buying long sold out pieces is, I'll pay what it would cost today to buy if it was released. So for me if SS would rerelease this, I would think it would go for around $1500US
Thats what I would pay for one right now.

3phase, I think you are right on the money with 2K Australia.

With the upcoming economic crisis there will be less and less people buying large expensive items, but more will start to sell their collections. There are quite a few topics like these on FB already.

Agreed. A lot of people out the job and it’s getting harder and harder. I’m fortunate now but hoping things get better for those greatly affected. Looking to purchase an MR Falcon which I never thought I’d be able to say that lol.

I'm shocked no other biker scout has been done. Seems SS has done stormtroopers (I'm not a fan of the poses) yet they should do another biker or dare I say a "hoth" trooper.

I'm shocked no other biker scout has been done. Seems SS has done stormtroopers (I'm not a fan of the poses) yet they should do another biker or dare I say a "hoth" trooper.

Sideshow has done 2 Premium Format Scout Troopers. The original with the Speederbike, and then a Scout Trooper by himself.

biker scout pf.jpg

I guess they could do a newer updated version. But the prices on these are getting over the top.

I'd have to have a pretty sweet offer to part with my Speederbike PF. It's long been one of the centerpieces to my collection and IF Sideshow ever re-issues, it'll be in the 1200-1500 price range, I suspect.

I still have the original PF, which is a great piece although I’ve never been crazy about the rock base. While I’m not planning to sell, I’d probably value it around $2,500 or so. But with the current economy I could see these going for $2k or less. I agree if it were re-released it would probably be around $1,599. I’m tired of rereleases though. I think SS should instead release a Luke/Leia’s PF on speeder bike. The figures could be displayed together or swap out.

I don't think we'll see Sideshow release anything like this again. We haven't seen it since, so I'm just going by that. also, I'd be willing to gamble that it would be priced closer to $2000 nowadays.

I still have the original PF, which is a great piece although I’ve never been crazy about the rock base. While I’m not planning to sell, I’d probably value it around $2,500 or so. But with the current economy I could see these going for $2k or less. I agree if it were re-released it would probably be around $1,599. I’m tired of rereleases though. I think SS should instead release a Luke/Leia’s PF on speeder bike. The figures could be displayed together or swap out.

If I could get 2k USD I would definitely sell mine now

Such an awesome piece.
It's the one that I let get away all those years ago. :(
Nice pics of all the details. Thanks for sharing!

I'm still hoping this gets a release in the future, this and the Dewback.

I'm kicking myself, there was a brand new Dewback on eBay last week here in Oz, and the seller had a buy it now price of $750AUS which is around $500US. Someone started bidding so the buy it now price dissappeared, I only found out about it a couple of days in the auction. Anyhow I went to $1200AU and it sold for $1225. If only I saw it at the $750 it would have been bargain of the year......

Mine a few year ago. Been boxed up and stored since. I paid ?500 for mine over 6yrs ago.
image.jpg

I've got a question, has anyone else released a 1/4 or bigger scale Speeder Bike prior to Sideshow? I swear I saw one for sale prior to Sideshow releasing this one around the year 2000.

I've got a question, has anyone else released a 1/4 or bigger scale Speeder Bike prior to Sideshow? I swear I saw one for sale prior to Sideshow releasing this one around the year 2000.

never. at least nothing licensed. there may have been a one off custom by a prop builder.

I was just in a bidding war on eBay for this in Australia, it sold for $3050. I missed out.
Sideshow are you listening???
We had over 70 people watching this, it's obviously in high demand.
This is begging for a re-release.

Back