Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have this in storage. Struggling to organize display space to get it on display.

I was just in a bidding war on eBay for this in Australia, it sold for $3050. I missed out.
Sideshow are you listening???
We had over 70 people watching this, it's obviously in high demand.
This is begging for a re-release.

I could not disagree more. edition sizes should mean something.

I could not disagree more. edition sizes should mean something.

Rubbish. I (like so many others) have extremely limited and custom made pieces that, were they to be re-released, I'd be more than happy that other folks get the opportunity to get pleasure out of collectibles. That's the point.

Rubbish. I (like so many others) have extremely limited and custom made pieces that, were they to be re-released, I'd be more than happy that other folks get the opportunity to get pleasure out of collectibles. That's the point.

lol. a custom, unlicensed run cannot be compared to a licensed limited edition collectible. that's the point.

lol. a custom, unlicensed run cannot be compared to a licensed limited edition collectible. that's the point.

There are unlicensed pieces that can compare. Look at MYC, DMD and other similar statues. Not to mention some unlicensed props made with real parts that are crazy expensive and rare.

But I agree on the fact that if a collectible is made in limited edition with a written number on bottom or on a plaque, keep that number as it it. The company can make a different piece with a different pose, different paint app etc. - example is the MR AT-AT, we have the LE and SE, both are of the same vehicle, but in two different options.

There are unlicensed pieces that can compare. Look at MYC, DMD and other similar statues. Not to mention some unlicensed props made with real parts that are crazy expensive and rare.

But I agree on the fact that if a collectible is made in limited edition with a written number on bottom or on a plaque, keep that number as it it. The company can make a different piece with a different pose, different paint app etc. - example is the MR AT-AT, we have the LE and SE, both are of the same vehicle, but in two different options.

I hear you. my "comparison" was not in terms of quality. I would say the majority of custom stuff is BETTER than the licensed versions.

but as you indicated, you cannot "compare" a licensed collectible with a set edition size to something that is essentially made to order with no set edition size.

If SS decided to do a variant snow version for example, I would be all for it. But if they do a shadow version I would demand royalties (joking).

I hear you. my "comparison" was not in terms of quality. I would say the majority of custom stuff is BETTER than the licensed versions.

but as you indicated, you cannot "compare" a licensed collectible with a set edition size to something that is essentially made to order with no set edition size.

If SS decided to do a variant snow version for example, I would be all for it. But if they do a shadow version I would demand royalties (joking).
They could also make the Mandalorian S2 version. That being said I can't imagine the price. Maybe that's why we haven't had another go round.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Back