SPECULATION: MMS-DX-02-TDK Batman Announced!!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECULATION: MMS DX Batman

A DX Batman does seem likely... they've already released a 2nd Begins Costume (which was a huge improvement), so why not a DX of the TDK suit. And I agree, having the 2 matchy-match stands would be pretty cool looking.

I don't know, as much as I like the Hot Toys Original Suit Batman figure, I would've liked it if it were huskier like it was in Batman Begins. I feel its too slim. Did anyone else think the scenes with the original suit in The Dark Knight looked ridiculous. It was too bright and Bale looked really orange. I don't know, it just looked weird to me.

Right on man, noticing it myself, on Bluray, weird thing is, only now that i've watched the movie at home, am i seeing it. Didnt really notice it at the movies. I think it was after i got the figures etc, and spent so much time waiting for/staring at/photgraphing the new suit, that i just got so used to looking at the more sportier look, that the original suit looks so massively flabby and just plain odd. Plus that makeup/filter combo made him look like a pumpkin with lipstick!

Hmmm i don't recall a pumpkin looking Batman. You may need to adjust your television sets, but that is just me.

haha only really in the scene where he meets Gordon in, the bank vault i think it is? then dissappears

Hey guys. Long time listener, first time caller ...

If they did do something from Batman Begins, I'd LOVE an alternate head of the "nightmare" Batman -- Crane's hallucination of the evil, inky-black skinned, tar-drooling Batman. Love that design.

This guy: https://screenmusings.org/BatmanBegins/pages/BB_0766.htm

Course, maybe that would work better as a whole suit. The movie never really shows you what the rest of that character design looks like. Maybe it's even cooler if you panned down.

Last edited:

I hope not. I already feel bad about paying for a V1 Joker now. I would like a Bruce stand alone release though. They could include the stick bomb gun and sonar eyes with him.

Somethign just isn't right about the mask here. I can't put my finger on it but something just isnt how it should be. Anyone have any thoughts?

Maybe it's because the cowl doesn't fit Bale's head as well because he weighs less during TDK than he did in BB.

Otherwise I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

The nose looks a bit too rounded. Should be a line down the middle. The mouth openings are a bit wide.

Begin Suit from the first movie.

bale-costume-1.jpg

It's all in the angle and lighting, guys. I really don't think they made changes in between movies:

batman-begins.jpg

The Begins cowl looks markedly different from certain angles.

Somethign just isn't right about the mask here. I can't put my finger on it but something just isnt how it should be. Anyone have any thoughts?

hahaha! I knew I wasn't the only one that thought so when I saw that scene. Honestly he looks like a bug there also in some shots of the interrogation scene.

I think the reason why he looks funny in this shot is because he did lose weight. Christian bale was actually the fattest batman when filming batman begins, while filming he also gained muscle, that was actually part of his preparing process for the role.

I think it's due to weightloss like everyone else.

tdk0185.jpg

batcard.jpg

You can see how the cowl in BB fit tighter.. to me that's why it looks weird in TDK. You can see in the TDK shot above how there's a considerable gap in the eye holes, whereas in BB the eye holes are pretty tight around Bale. I think that's from the mask stretching, then relaxing because Bale's face was bigger than smaller. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

I think it's due to weightloss like everyone else.

tdk0185.jpg

batcard.jpg

You can see how the cowl in BB fit tighter.. to me that's why it looks weird in TDK. You can see in the TDK shot above how there's a considerable gap in the eye holes, whereas in BB the eye holes are pretty tight around Bale. I think that's from the mask stretching, then relaxing because Bale's face was bigger than smaller. Just my opinion.

I actually liked how he looked in this scene, to me it looks meaner.

I can't say i would agree with the weight issue, it's no expense spared, and they go through heaps of them, never reused, so they'd get them exact fit

I can't say i would agree with the weight issue, it's no expense spared, and they go through heaps of them, never reused, so they'd get them exact fit

Source to back up the above?

One can presume that the crew do their best to tailor the existing BB suit to fit the slimmer Bale during TDK's shoot, but I don't know if it'd be an exact fit or if the outfit in general would look the same on a skinnier Bale.

Back