Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

I did...he said maybe someday.

Well, that's something. I emailed him in June and again in August, and got no response. Two years ago, the only time he answered me, he'd said the shrinking process was going great and that he was thinking of asking Andy to do a torso so it could become a garage kit as well as a 1:6 head for a DML figure.

C'mon men! Let's form a posse! A posse that is, to beg and grovel at this guy's front door :monkey2

I just saw this on YouTube. Don't know if it's been posted before. Check it out.

There are a couple of other good videos in the Related section.

To keep the thread going I thought I would post some progress pictures of my Max figure.

The outfit is 100% black leather right down to the boots. The badge is in the mold rubber right now and I made his MFP # plate with shrink (Shrinky Dink) plastic.

max2.jpg

max1.jpg

Yeah, great work there Spenser! :D Keep it up! Please let us see your finished Max once he's done. I hope to do Mel Gibson as Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon someday soon. Aside from Max, that is my other favorite role that Gibson played....oh yeah....Braveheart too....almost forgot! :eek:

HOLY CRAP!!:monkey5 :monkey5

That is an awesome looking figure of 'Mad' Max Rockatansky.

He looks great Spenser. So far it appears to be spot on, even down to the small details, and I know how good your work is up close from the Phantom I got from you :D

Looking at this figure reminds me of the first time Max sees the supercharged V8 Interceptor:

Goose: [describing the supercharged Interceptor that's idling, in particular the supercharger itself] You can shut the gate on this one, Maxie... it's the duck's guts!
Barry, MFP Garage Mechanic: [excitedly] She sips nitro... with Phase 4 heads! 600 horsepower through the wheels! She's meanness set to music and the ***** is born to run!
Goose: [looking at Max just staring at the engine] He's in a coma, man!

:lol :lol

I will be keeping an eye on this and will be contacting you when it's done.

Well done mate.:bow

Cheers

Sweet!
Pants look a bit tight, but it looks like an awesome figure! And Mad Max is my fave of the trilogy. Road Warrior was a very cool action flick, but it was missing all the tragedy and emotion of the first.

It's only been a couple of days...Mike is wondering whether we'll hoist him on our shoulders or just pester him about that one head...

For those who might not know, Mike did that incredible Ducard Liam Neeson a while back. It's not on his website right now, but he's got several great-looking customs.

Meanwhile, does anybody see possibilities in this head? I've got one on the way...

cbfbd3f4.jpg
1b61f1b5.jpg

Incidentally, between the exposed neck and the bare arm, I'm thinking this project will wait for the Triad EVO body. Because the only other solid necks I know of are Cy Girls and Enterbays. :lol

That definitely looks like a servieable head... nowhere near as nice as Andy's (hint, hint). But I think with the talents of our board customizers it could made to shine.

Kinda reminds me of the Medicom Wolverine sculpt, sculpt is there, just needs the right paint. How much did that head cost you?

Back