Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Ok, so I'm a little late getting back to this.
If you have not come across this website already, check out
www.madmaxcostumes.com. It breaks down Max's outfit in each movie and has some good images and descriptions on the accessories. It even shows you a step by step tutorial on making a shoulderpad. It's life size, but I used the images to sculpt mine.
Also wanted to share a few more images of the accessories. I can make any of the accessories if you are interested. I'll make available 3 options. Everything minus the leg brace, everything including the leg brace, or just the leg brace.
Or if you have any interest in a full figure just send me a PM to discuss.

I've really only been working on figures for a year or so. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (Classic and New) so most of the figures I have or have in the works are based on that series.
I love the Max series and would like to try others. I know that there are both fans and haters of Thunderdome, but I really like his outfit in that film, so I would like to do that one next.

Max's look was cool in Thunderdome. :cool: I especially liked when he had the longer hair, before he got it cut shorter. I think a Thunderdome Max would be great! I'd love to make one from each movie someday. But I plan on making one from The Road Warrior fist using your great gear. Since that is my favorite Mad Max movie. Thanks for your PM reply Billy! I'll stay in touch with you, and hope to get the stuff from you soon! :D

What can we do to make a WEZ???

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone who's planning to make a Road Warrior Max no doubt has had the same thing in mind. A really good head sculpt of Vernon Wells would be a good start, I recon. I imagine the costume could probably be cobbled together without too much trouble (Wez wasn't wearing an awful lot of clothing anyway), unless one of the many talented craftsmen here could make up some custom "Wez" suits and accessories for us, like BillyB has.

The head sculpt would be the main thing though, imo. If we had that, then no doubt everything else would fall into place shortly thereafter.

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone who's planning to make a Road Warrior Max no doubt has had the same thing in mind. A really good head sculpt of Vernon Wells would be a good start, I recon. I imagine the costume could probably be cobbled together without too much trouble (Wez wasn't wearing an awful lot of clothing anyway), unless one of the many talented craftsmen here could make up some custom "Wez" suits and accessories for us, like BillyB has.

The head sculpt would be the main thing though, imo. If we had that, then no doubt everything else would fall into place shortly thereafter.

The headsculpt is alwasy the thing... but on Wez even the clothing is tough. It requires a lot of "building" and cobbling. Leather chaps will be very hard to find -- I suppose you can make the chest rig -- definitely a tough figure to buy parts for.

So if anyone had any leads on clothing items, let's start a list.

Sounds good to me. I think I'll pop the DVD in this weekend and try to work out what Wez's outfit would entail. I wonder if anyone on the board here would undertake sculpting a Wez head for us? Spencer helped us out with Blofeld and Goldfinger... think he might be interested? It seems Darren's got his hands pretty full at the moment, but if he has any interest in the project, maybe we could ask him to consider sculpting the Mighty Wez for us.

Anyway, I think starting a couple of Wez lists is a good way to kick things off.

Here's a great resin kit that shows off the outfit:

Wez.jpg

Here's a great resin kit that shows off the outfit:

(Image not available)

That kit is a beauty. I remember seeing it in a magazine or two when it came out. I got a Max and dog kit, but I always wished I'd had one of Wez, too. And I see what you mean about his costume... it does look quite fiddly. Still, it's not beyond the skills of the cadre of customizers, artists and craftsmen here on the Freaks board. Just a matter of getting people on board for this figure I would imagine.

Last edited:

I'm pretty good with a sewing machine and could give it a shot if I had the right material. Vinyl stretches too much and is hard to work with and most leather ends up being too thick. The material Sideshow uses for their leather jackets and outfits is really easy to work with. Anyone got any good sources or know of something similar?

Back