Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Sure everyone has seen this one:

max_big1.jpg

I would love to have this sculpt. I believe it's a larger portrait though. It looks a bit more like Max in Thunderdome. I'd prefer a Road Warrior version, he was younger and a bit fuller in the face.

Well just received a few things for the new ver 2 Max. Stay tuned ill be posting pics soon. Oh and that is a nice sculpt but it is to big for 1:6 scale.

max_big1.jpg

If I remember correctly, that was a personal project by one of the Sideshow resident sculptors. I also remember that it is 1/6. Wish I remember who...but more so, I wish that the sculpt will become available for sale!

max_big1.jpg

I can kind of see Harrison Ford in this head scuplture of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Something about his hair, the nose and the scruff on his jaw and chin say Rick Deckard in Blade Runner, but that is just at a passing glance.
If anyone did a Mad Max line this would a pretty good Max in Thunderdome after the haircut, but in my book the best version of Max is the Road Warrior. He just looked meaner, buffer and more like Max/Mel is in his prime. It is like the difference between Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Eastwood in Unforgiven.
Yes, there is almost a 25 year difference between Eastwood in those two films whereas there is only about a 4 year difference for Gibson between the Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome but you get my drift. Gibson looks like he aged and lost weight between the 2 films giving the feeling of a older/wiser beyond his years Max with pre-mature white hair. It is like this post-apocalyptic world is finally taking its toll on our hero.
But that is just one man's opinion.

I would kill for a Lord Humungus figure. Maybe Hot Toys should get on that...

That sculpt is by Andy -- that's Andy's photo from his website -- and he passed it along years ago to MikeTek. I got in contact with Mike at the time, and he told me he was going to shrink it a bit, as it was slightly too large.

To my knowledge, he's never released it. He does not respond to my email inquiries (I've sent two recently). Maybe a lot of email inquiries would re-stimulate his interest:

[email protected]

That sculpt is by Andy -- that's Andy's photo from his website -- and he passed it along years ago to MikeTek. I got in contact with Mike at the time, and he told me he was going to shrink it a bit, as it was slightly too large.

To my knowledge, he's never released it. He does not respond to my email inquiries (I've sent two recently). Maybe a lot of email inquiries would re-stimulate his interest:

[email protected]

Now that would be sweet.

I picked up this head off of ebay. It was sculpted for a garage kit of Max from the first film. Haven't had a chance to get my casting painted yet. The kit , as well as just the head, are available from www.hotresin.com. Their site is down right now so I grabbed the pics from the sculptor's gallery at www.sculptorscorner.com. It would have to be aged and beat up a bit to work for Roadwarrior or Thunderdome versions of Max, but for young Max it works well.

https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/Snyder/BIG27.htm

I picked up this head off of ebay. It was sculpted for a garage kit of Max from the first film. Haven't had a chance to get my casting painted yet. The kit , as well as just the head, are available from www.hotresin.com. Their site is down right now so I grabbed the pics from the sculptor's gallery at www.sculptorscorner.com. It would have to be aged and beat up a bit to work for Roadwarrior or Thunderdome versions of Max, but for young Max it works well.

https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/Snyder/BIG27.htm

It's a really good sculpt... I have that one too, and am working on resculpting the hair and adding stubble to give it the older Max look. I hope it works. :lol

I don't know... looks a lot more like Max than any other sculpt out there, at least Road Warrior Max. God I wish I had one of those....:monkey2

So, like I was saying, quit wishing and try emailing [email protected] and asking if he's ever going to release the Andy Bergholtz Mad Max head...he's the one who has it. If he gets enough inquiries, he might get back to it. It's probably sitting on his workbench.

:cool:

Yeah!!! Max finally has a thread of his own! (Why didn’t he have one here before?) Doesn’t matter, this is great news, and long overdue.

Ok well i guess i will have to make another one. For those who didnt see the first one i did awhile back here is a few sample shots. Ill post the new one here when i get finished.
maxlegbrace2.jpg

Nice job on the custom Road Warrior, btw, s_s. Really looking forward to seeing what version 2 looks like. I'd also be interested in anything you might be offering. Especially like those boots. Nice boots...niiiiiice boooots!

Last edited:

Don't know about anyone else, but I just rewatched 'Mad Max' (with the original soundtrack, of course) and 'Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior' lately. I'd really like to try making a custom younger version of Max Rockatansky, and maybe Jim Goose, too.

Does anyone happen to know where to buy really nice (black) glove leather that could be used to make a miniature outfit for Max? That and a good head sculpt are the biggest obstacles at the moment. I think a lot of the other pieces of gear could be scratchbuilt or scavenged from other figures without too much trouble. Does anyone know if there are any good custom head sculpts available anywhere of a young Mel Gibson? Any clues would be much appreciated! :D

Ok i have decided to offer clothing and some accessories for a Mad Max custom. I will post the links when i am finished so you guys can check them out. These are mainly for those who want to customize your own.

Back