1/6 Speculation: Jedi Fallen Order - Cal Kestis & BD-1 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah as I'm playing the game I'm definitely doubling down on wanting Cal at a minimum, however I'd be happy to get a Merrin and a Second Sister too.

We need to make Hot Toys aware by dropping pics into their FB post comments.

There's also a SS link to suggest figures to them.

All probably useless I know. But so is doing nothing I guess.

Their production lines are limited. I would much rather HT make more PT, OT, and Mando figures than this game. Finished the game yesterday. Not very memorable, only good thing about this game is it's SW.

They didn't make Iden Versio and her ID-10 seeker droid Dio from Battlefront 2's single player campaign, despite many requests at the time, so I can't see Cal and BD-1 being any more likely. They probably assume that by the time they could get a figure out there any significant interest in the game and its characters would have largely died off. And to be fair, they're probably right in the majority of cases.

Mind you, if Sideshow wants to continue making Star Wars figures as well then I've long thought it's the various key and background aliens, alternate takes like mythos, and the more popular of the expanded universe characters from video games, cartoons and comics that they should be focusing on. Fill a niche that Hot Toys is never going to touch and do it well and it's a win-win for everybody. But as things stand I can't see them going anywhere near this either.

They didn't make Iden Versio and her ID-10 seeker droid Dio from Battlefront 2's single player campaign, despite many requests at the time, so I can't see Cal and BD-1 being any more likely. They probably assume that by the time they could get a figure out there any significant interest in the game and its characters would have largely died off. And to be fair, they're probably right in the majority of cases.

Mind you, if Sideshow wants to continue making Star Wars figures as well then I've long thought it's the various key and background aliens, alternate takes like mythos, and the more popular of the expanded universe characters from video games, cartoons and comics that they should be focusing on. Fill a niche that Hot Toys is never going to touch and do it well and it's a win-win for everybody. But as things stand I can't see them going anywhere near this either.

Fair enough. However I can't see Sideshow doing any 1/6 figures at this point. Sideshow are all about money, money and money (well HT as well of course). But with increased wages in China and lower volumes for niche characters it's a very negative mix, which is not at all conducive to additional 1/6 figures for us. Which is a real pity.

On the other hand with that said, companies like Sideshow should really re-look at the more modern / cost effective manufacturing techniques that are out there now. i.e 3D computer sculpting and 3D printing, These have become way more affordable than they used to be. So perhaps these factors could tilt the balance in the other direction. Arguably niche characters and aliens are easier to design, print and paint than human sculpts. Coming to grips with smaller profits on some figures is perhaps also needed ?

Fair enough. However I can't see Sideshow doing any 1/6 figures at this point. Sideshow are all about money, money and money (well HT as well of course). But with increased wages in China and lower volumes for niche characters it's a very negative mix, which is not at all conducive to additional 1/6 figures for us. Which is a real pity.

On the other hand with that said, companies like Sideshow should really re-look at the more modern / cost effective manufacturing techniques that are out there now. i.e 3D computer sculpting and 3D printing, These have become way more affordable than they used to be. So perhaps these factors could tilt the balance in the other direction. Arguably niche characters and aliens are easier to design, print and paint than human sculpts. Coming to grips with smaller profits on some figures is perhaps also needed ?

I just hope SSC do another run of their dewback.

I just hope SSC do another run of their dewback.

Oh God yes ! They're still doing statues, and for me that is a statue. Would go perfectly with the Mandalorian.

Although I'd shudder to see the pricetag they'd put on it in this day and age.

If they were to keep the price similar to last time they would get a decent number of orders I think.

Oh God yes ! They're still doing statues, and for me that is a statue. Would go perfectly with the Mandalorian.

Although I'd shudder to see the pricetag they'd put on it in this day and age.

If they were to keep the price similar to last time they would get a decent number of orders I think.

I think it will be more than what they are charging for speeder bike now. It will still be cheaper than eBay!

Back