Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, it was just the secrecy with Tarkin. I mean Pablo Hidalgo's Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide doesn't even have Tarkin in it !

HT must read these forums. I think it's pretty clear that Tarkin is desperately needed. i.e easy sales. I think he'll come. HT would've only got visual footage to start sculpting once the film was released. Hence put him in the second phase. He'd fit perfectly with these Death Star Troopers which come out first due to no facial sculpt (like the Stormtroopers, they are always released first).

If Hot Toys read these forums and listened, we'd have had Poe Dameron announced a long time ago. Haha. =D

Yeah I guess so. But I always maintain that they have Ep8 for him. Plus Poe was originally planned to die in Ep7. JJ edited the script so that he lived. So it could have also been the case that HT only got info for figures such as Rey etc from Disney.

I would bet he will be in the first release of Ep8 figures.

Yeah I guess so. But I always maintain that they have Ep8 for him. Plus Poe was originally planned to die in Ep7. JJ edited the script so that he lived. So it could have also been the case that HT only got info for figures such as Rey etc from Disney.

I would bet he will be in the first release of Ep8 figures.

Make Poe in his X-Wing outfit and nobody will complain then.

EP7/ EP8 version done with one figure.

Too easy! :clap

Man if HT did the main three cool aliens of Rogue One I'd be in heaven. (Moroff, Pao and Space Monkey Bistan)....but am sure that's not going to happen.

So I'll just need to be satisfied with this latest Star Wars show episode with behind the scenes footage of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSPQEAL8w0

That video needs a trigger warning.

And Moroff - what an incredible waste. They did such amazing detail on him and he's seen briefly in one wide shot. So many of the RO creature shop's creations were barely seen onscreen.

They really did a great job on all the characters mentioned, but maybe in editing they felt less was more (like Jaws) and their extra scenes came off as goofy looking. But still, seems like a wasted opportunity as these were the best looking creatures in any SW flick since ROTJ.

And Moroff - what an incredible waste. They did such amazing detail on him and he's seen briefly in one wide shot. So many of the RO creature shop's creations were barely seen onscreen.

Agreed 100%. Was one of the best looking original character designs since the OT and we barely got any of him. Do we even know, did he die on Jedha or did he get out?

Edrio Two Tubes and his brother would make amazing figures. Since he was featured so early on in promo materials, I thought him getting the sixth scale treatment was a sure thing. I'd settle for a Toy Fair EX and pay out the nose to have that figure.

Edrio Two Tubes and his brother would make amazing figures. Since he was featured so early on in promo materials, I thought him getting the sixth scale treatment was a sure thing. I'd settle for a Toy Fair EX and pay out the nose to have that figure.

Edrio Two Tubes a sure thing? We can't even get Cassian Andor, the male lead of the movie! LOL. ;)

Just rewatched that video. Shows Bistan being photographed in the 360degree capture. We can only hope that data was somehow transmitted to Hot Toys. I just hope they could get the antennae aligned !

That video needs a trigger warning.

Thanks for posting that video. I love those aliens also. Although I collect all 1/6 scale SW, I prefer aliens over normal human characters. :)

Man if HT did the main three cool aliens of Rogue One I'd be in heaven. (Moroff, Pao and Space Monkey Bistan)....but am sure that's not going to happen.

So I'll just need to be satisfied with this latest Star Wars show episode with behind the scenes footage of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSPQEAL8w0

Don't think HT is at New York Toy show unfortunately. If only this were an indication of what was upcoming from HT for Rogue One.

Hasbro-2017-International-Toy-Fair-Star-Wars-099.jpg

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. Don't know if this has been brought up anywhere yet, but in Budget Stark's latest video showing off the Episode VII Han and Chewie set, there appears to be some sort of bag from Secret Base in the background, and unless my eyes deceive me, it features what sure as hell looks like a Hot Toys Krennic figure.

Link to the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ImribqajWc

Here's a crappy screenshot and highlight.

Krennic post.jpg

Back