Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want HTs to release more figures.

Agreed.

We also need more figures to talk about otherwise folks just bring up the same grievances over and over again like some sort of nightmarish fairground ride where you're trapped in a perpetual loop.

Edit: To clarify, I am for letting people like what they like and disliking what they dislike. You do you. But some who dislike these things - which, again, they're entitled to - seem to have a need to say it all the time or tell people who like it that they're wrong.

That's getting very tiresome. Not necessarily here, but in general.

Last edited:
Agreed.

We also need more figures to talk about otherwise folks just bring up the same grievances over and over again like some sort of nightmarish fairground ride where you're trapped in a perpetual loop.

Exactly,....that is exactly what Disney's take on Star Wars feels like.

I hope they make Rose a prominent character in Episode IX just so we can see all the haters heads explode. This nonsensical negativity is absolutely toxic. This is about more than just not liking the character. There is a loathsome and disgusting subtext to all this nastiness that people try to deny. Yet people cannot adequately articulate why they obsessively hate on this character in such a disproportionate and overbearing manner.

I hope they make Rose a prominent character in Episode IX just so we can see all the haters heads explode. This nonsensical negativity is absolutely toxic. This is about more than just not liking the character. There is a loathsome and disgusting subtext to all this nastiness that people try to deny. Yet people cannot adequately articulate why they obsessively hate on this character in such a disproportionate and overbearing manner.

I agree.

It really is. I try to look past it but it seems to seep into every facet of the fandom, even here. Even as a life long Star Wars fan, it's getting to be a real drag.

Really feel for KMT. It's one thing to dislike a character but another entirely to attack another human being over it.

Good post. I was not satisfied by TLJ but Rose isn't really the issue with the movie. People were primed to hate her the minute promotional picture showed her. This kind of crap really obscures any real criticisms of TLJ because it all gets lumped into this deplorable vitriol and all detractors are seen as bigoted trolls.

Good post. I was not satisfied by TLJ but Rose isn't really the issue with the movie. People were primed to hate her the minute promotional picture showed her. This kind of crap really obscures any real criticisms of TLJ because it all gets lumped into this deplorable vitriol and all detractors are seen as bigoted trolls.

I'm not condoning personal attacks beyond reasonable criticism but Rose was a horrible character for multiple reasons and her acting was pretty cringe worthy. Just one huge problem of many embedded in the film. No idea what was being said online to the actress and I probably don't want to know, but it's not surprising folks reacted strongly to a Star Wars film on the internet. Despite it's conveniences the world was a happier place before the web and social media.

I honestly wished they would have reversed the roles for Paige and Rose. I liked Paige a lot better.

But since this is a Solo thread, does anyone else SUPER want a Crimson Dawn boss *cough cough* like I do? ( I don't know if the spoiler formality has passed or not)

Good post. I was not satisfied by TLJ but Rose isn't really the issue with the movie. People were primed to hate her the minute promotional picture showed her.

Not in my case. I recall MH saying in some interview that she was a delightful addition to the cast. I went into the movie with no preconceived thoughts about her character even after seeing her promo pics. Then the movie happened and her character was really, really bad...a tool to lecture the audience, or more specifically, certain members of the audience.

Anyway, I hope they make more of the Solo figures. I rather liked Val and Enfys in the movie, and have since their promo pics.

Not in my case. I recall MH saying in some interview that she was a delightful addition to the cast. I went into the movie with no preconceived thoughts about her character even after seeing her promo pics. Then the movie happened and her character was really, really bad...a tool to lecture the audience, or more specifically, certain members of the audience.

Anyway, I hope they make more of the Solo figures. I rather liked Val and Enfys in the movie, and have since their promo pics.

How did she lecture the audience? Because she revealed how common people in the galaxy are being exploited and suffering under the rule of the First Order and the wealthy arms traders who support them behind the scenes? Because she had a soft spot for tortured animals? These are themes that are rather prevalent in most American movies, from Jurassic Park to Oliver Twist. Why dump on her and TLJ for including this, when this is nothing particularly new? Even the OT and the PT include quite a bit of political and social commentary.

Saw Solo for a second time yesterday and enjoyed it as much as the first time so I came into this thread hoping to read about possible rumored characters like Enfys Nest instead there's sill conversations about Rose and the TLJ. Seriously is everyone posting on forums and social media like under 10? No wonder I spend less time on the internet these days. I look at it this way for every not so great characters like Rose ( who is not that bad IMO) we get winners like Enfys. Hoping HT makes her I think she will sell well.

:lol How did this thread degenerate into a Rose hatefest? Back on topic I really hope we get a Beckett from this line, I think he'll look amazing next to Han.

:lol How did this thread degenerate into a Rose hatefest? Back on topic I really hope we get a Beckett from this line, I think he'll look amazing next to Han.

Lol I tried to change the subject with my last post but I guess it fell on deaf ears, or eyes, or whatever applies to the internet lol

But that implies somebody who cares about SW would actually go to see that movie. I wouldn't worry about that if i were you.

How did she lecture the audience? Because she revealed how common people in the galaxy are being exploited and suffering under the rule of the First Order and the wealthy arms traders who support them behind the scenes? Because she had a soft spot for tortured animals? These are themes that are rather prevalent in most American movies, from Jurassic Park to Oliver Twist. Why dump on her and TLJ for including this, when this is nothing particularly new? Even the OT and the PT include quite a bit of political and social commentary.

Her lecture to Finn on "Why we fight" was one of the dumbest moments to ever be put on film. Also, her characters rhetoric in that particular moment is beyond retarded on nonsensical.

So you want that just so you can take joy in seeing fans even more upset on social media, did I get that right? Sounds kinda silly, if you ask me.

People always say the people hating are the ones "toxic" but with posts like this, it kinda proves the people defending the movie are no better. Just saying:dunno

I would like to see the Range Trooper tomorrow. Make it happen Hot Toys!

I woke up this morning hoping to see pics of it too:lol

Back