Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that implies somebody who cares about SW would actually go to see that movie. I wouldn't worry about that if i were you.

It’s already happened. Millions of people saw TLJ. And millions of people are going to see Episode IX whether or not Rose is in it. It’s also interesting that you think that hating Star Wars is the same as caring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her lecture to Finn on "Why we fight" was one of the dumbest moments to ever be put on film. Also, her characters rhetoric in that particular moment is beyond retarded on nonsensical.

Why is it dumb? What’s your argument?

Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

So you want that just so you can take joy in seeing fans even more upset on social media, did I get that right? Sounds kinda silly, if you ask me.

People always say the people hating are the ones "toxic" but with posts like this, it kinda proves the people defending the movie are no better. Just saying:dunno

I woke up this morning hoping to see pics of it too:lol

There’s no real comparison. Haters and trolls have flooded the internet with word vomit every time Star Wars is even mentioned. Some have even personally attacked actors and creators and caused them to leave social media. There’s no real defense for that kind of negativity. My defense for the other side is directly in response to that negativity. It starts and stops with the haters.

She's a relatively poorly written character given the way she was presented. She's got that unloved lost soul characterization which just resonates with tumblr people and that's why that audience has just adopted her so much. But admittedly I never felt like she just downright ruined the film or anything, she just was an extra with some bonus screen-time. I just was indifferent to her as a whole.

But that doesn't mean she can't be utilized in a better way that resolves a lot of issues - the most simplistic way for JJ to soft-retcon her is make her an FO sympathizer who had confliction about her affiliation until her sister was killed. Then she goes full FO. Makes everything that happens in TLJ make more sense - the tracking, her trying to sabotage Finn at the end, the magical capture of the group on the FO ship. Like I said, her fault is a lack of ANY functional characterization. No one cares - that's the end of it.

But when that's all said and done - SW has always had a poorly written character here or there, so this isn't a new experience.

LoveUallFreakies.jpg

She's a relatively poorly written character given the way she was presented. She's got that unloved lost soul characterization which just resonates with tumblr people and that's why that audience has just adopted her so much. But admittedly I never felt like she just downright ruined the film or anything, she just was an extra with some bonus screen-time. I just was indifferent to her as a whole.

But that doesn't mean she can't be utilized in a better way that resolves a lot of issues - the most simplistic way for JJ to soft-retcon her is make her an FO sympathizer who had confliction about her affiliation until her sister was killed. Then she goes full FO. Makes everything that happens in TLJ make more sense - the tracking, her trying to sabotage Finn at the end, the magical capture of the group on the FO ship. Like I said, her fault is a lack of ANY functional characterization. No one cares - that's the end of it.

But when that's all said and done - SW has always had a poorly written character here or there, so this isn't a new experience.

While I don't agree with many of your points, yours is an example of a measured and thoughtful critique of Rose. I wish the discourse could be more substantive and less hyperbolic. A critique doesn't have to promote negativity.

So, back to SOLO figures. I think they might do one more announcement tomorrow for a new figure. After that, who knows, as it would be 4 weeks in a row for SW HTs.

I hope it's an actual character, instead of a random trooper. It should be Lando or Qi'ra.

I suppose each batch of SW movies is a product of its time, like how Luke was all "gee willikers" like some kid from Santa Monica and Han Solo was this cool dude you'd see hanging loose with the ladies at the Regal Beagle (Three's Company reference there). Rose, Finn, Rey and Kylo Ren represent, at least to me, the sensibilities you'd see with today's generation, particularly the angst and histrionics...sorry if I seem harsh. Then again, Padme and Anakin were a little bit of that too, lol. "Anakin, You're Breaking My Heart" :rotfl

I'm in for both Hans so far (Deluxe and Mudtrooper), and would go for a white vest Han, but I would also be very tempted by a Qi'ra.

But yeah, I would expect another trooper first. Although I'm thinking at this point they might just hold off on any more reveals til SDCC next month.

Back