Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't figuring they would after previewing Han day before movie opening and having TFA Chewbacca stand-in in the pictures.

All that's holding me back from ordering young Han is the fact that I can't get anyone else to go with him.

:exactly: Same here.

Funny, Alden would have made a great son for Han and leia in the sequels. Driver could still be ren, but just a rogue Jedi.

Box office will not improve with Episode 9 either (unless it is confirmed 8 was just a bad dream and it starts where TFA left off).

I have 0 interest in seeing what happens next after the dreadful Last Jedi and I am sure there are countless others who feel the same. Heads should roll.

I think this is the true reason. Last Jedi was so bad that it really destroyed any excitement for new Star Wars movies. I enjoyed Solo though.

Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Funny, Alden would have made a great son for Han and leia in the sequels. Driver could still be ren, but just a rogue Jedi.

Yup. My GF was saying that last night. I’m starting to move toward the camp that feels they really blundered the whole relaunch of SW.

You can team him up with Chewie, give him the Falcon. And even have the opportunity to care for him. Prequels are so safe when you know your main characters ain’t gonna die.

Re: Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Yup. My GF was saying that last night. I’m starting to move toward the camp that feels they really blundered the whole relaunch of SW.

I'm starting to get that feeling as well. I mean even Rogue One which I consider the best of the Disney SW films was saved at the last minute by that script doctor guy who added Vader and some other stuff. Funny thing was he didn't give a s##t about Star Wars, and look how he saved it :lol

TFA : OK, but really a rehash of ANH and any other good stuff in the OT
TLJ : No comment
RO : Good, but see above
Solo : Na-ja

Re: Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

I'm starting to get that feeling as well. I mean even Rogue One which I consider the best of the Disney SW films was saved at the last minute by that script doctor guy who added Vader and some other stuff. Funny thing was he didn't give a s##t about Star Wars, and look how he saved it :lol

Thats the funny part to me, honestly i thought rogue one was ok until the last 5 minutes which i thought were amazing. They need that guy to write and direct a movie.

Box office will not improve with Episode 9 either (unless it is confirmed 8 was just a bad dream and it starts where TFA left off).

I have 0 interest in seeing what happens next after the dreadful Last Jedi and I am sure there are countless others who feel the same. Heads should roll. Other than Rogue One we have seen nothing like the quality expected from Disney Star Wars.

That's the reason I'm not seeing Solo. It looks interesting, and of course I'm a bit curious to see what happens, but after TLJ, F- them.
Not only am I not watching Solo until years down the line, but I've already spoiled the hell out of Solo for myself.
How Han got his name was pointless and unnecessary, Han meeting Chewie sounds like a let down, Enfys Nest reveal is boring, Han prematurely dealing with the Rebellion robs Han of his character moment in ANH, L3-37 sounds like a nightmare, and the leader of the Crimson Dawn- :rotfl I hated that he survived and the stupid way they brought him back in the EU, this makes that all cannon.
Oh, and Pando Lando- :rolleyes2

About the only thing that sounds good is the Kessel Run, which shouldn't have been told on screen in the first place, not everything needs to be explained.

As it stands, I only like RO of the Disney films.

That's the reason I'm not seeing Solo. It looks interesting, and of course I'm a bit curious to see what happens, but after TLJ, F- them.
Not only am I not watching Solo until years down the line, but I've already spoiled the hell out of Solo for myself.
How Han got his name was pointless and unnecessary, Han meeting Chewie sounds like a let down, Enfys Nest reveal is boring, Han prematurely dealing with the Rebellion robs Han of his character moment in ANH, L3-37 sounds like a nightmare, and the leader of the Crimson Dawn- :rotfl I hated that he survived and the stupid way they brought him back in the EU, this makes that all cannon.
Oh, and Pando Lando- :rolleyes2

About the only thing that sounds good is the Kessel Run, which shouldn't have been told on screen in the first place, not everything needs to be explained.

As it stands, I only like RO of the Disney films.

Maul's survival was already canon. It was disclosed in The Clone Wars that he survives and Obi-Wan kills him on Tatooine in Rebels. This movie changes none of that, Maul was already alive in canon before Disney acquired Lucasfilm.

Maul's survival was already canon. It was disclosed in The Clone Wars that he survives and Obi-Wan kills him on Tatooine in Rebels. This movie changes none of that, Maul was already alive in canon before Disney acquired Lucasfilm.

I know Maul is officially "cannon", but I do think that the movie's should be done in a way where watching the cartoons or comics are not required. The movies should be self sufficient when it comes to major plot points. I actually don't think the movies need to re-explain his survival, the robotic lower half is explanation enough, but I do think they need to retell his final death shown in Rebels in a movie now - Maybe he can be part of the Kenobi movie and they can show the final duel between Maul and Kenobi on Tatooine from a different perspective? Otherwise, as a movie franchise Maul is just hanging out there unresolved for movie goers who don't follow all that other stuff.

the-characters-of-solo-character-banner.jpg

I know Maul is officially "cannon", but I do think that the movie's should be done in a way where watching the cartoons or comics are not required. The movies should be self sufficient when it comes to major plot points. I actually don't think the movies need to re-explain his survival, the robotic lower half is explanation enough, but I do think they need to retell his final death shown in Rebels in a movie now - Maybe he can be part of the Kenobi movie and they can show the final duel between Maul and Kenobi on Tatooine from a different perspective? Otherwise, as a movie franchise Maul is just hanging out there unresolved for movie goers who don't follow all that other stuff.

:goodpost: I don’t watch the cartoons, and I’ve only ever watched the prequels once, so all I could remember was he was killed in episode 1.

Back