Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Dooku teased I think Jango won't be too far behind, but if they're sticking with doing ROTS figures right now, I hope Grievous is next.

After the Obi-Wan reveal, I'm more positive than ever that they'll just reveal Dooku in a few months and that'll probably be it for prequel stuff this year. I'm expecting 1-3 prequel figures per year. Next year it'll be Arena Padme, Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul(with a tease for TPM Obi-Wan). Year after it'll be Mace Windu, Jango Fett, ATOC Anakin, and the teased TPM Obi-Wan. I also wouldn't rule out some kind of two pack of some kind. Maybe a 2pack of Dooku and ATOC Yoda or maybe Darth Sideous with Yoda? My biggest 2 pack hope would be ATOC Padme/Anakin and then a separate release for Revenge of the Sith Padme.

With Dooku teased I think Jango won't be too far behind, but if they're sticking with doing ROTS figures right now, I hope Grievous is next.

See that battle droid severed head included in Obiwan deluxe ? Hot Toys is going for those battle droids pack, and soon the Clones. Army building potential of PT is HUGE, eazy profit for them.

and when it comes for droids... *cough cough*.. General Grievous!

My MMS picks:

100% Guaranteed: Jango, Maul, Mace, Battle Droid
Highly Likely: Padme w/exposed midriff (AOTC), Qui-Gon, Palpatine
When Hell Freezes Over: Jar Jar, Nute Gunray, Rose Tico

I also would buy Nute Gunray.

But the must-haves for me are AOTC arena Padme, Qui-Gon, and Maul*

* -I'm still very much impressed with Sideshow's v2, so I'm not in a super hurry for him.

And now for the ones I'd like that'll get me the crazy stares..(and will never be done)

Jar Jar. Yes. There-I said it. I'd really like to see a we'll rendered high-end figure of this polarizing character. He would really display well with an HT Qui-Gon.

Taun We and Lama Su - again, I love the design and to see well-rendered high-end figures of these two would be impressive.

Any versions of Padme they'd like to make.

AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan

Mace Windu.
Zam Wessel.
Wat Tambor.

What I don't want to see is HT remaking virtually every clone and figure Sideshow has already done from the prequels. Just concentrate on the ones that have never been done first please.

I’ve always said one figure I think could look really cool if done well is C3PO from The Phantom Menace when he’s unfinished. I think it could look awesome just for all the intricate details it would have with the exposed wiring and whatnot. Not a fan of the film really but I’d consider it.

My personal order:
Chancellor Palpatine (with sabre of course)
Padme
Dooku
Battle Droid/Droidekas
Jango
Mace
Watto
C3PO (TPM)
Greivous
Jar Jar (better than Rose lol)
Qui Gon
(Happy with SS Maul)

*in one of these include a sith eyes Anakin head - how that wasn't included i don't know

Battle Droids. Sideshow's were okay, but inaccurate, and the head of the droid seen with HT's ObiWan is already more accurate. Hot Toys just need to go all the way. Battle Droids, Supers and even Destroyer Droids, but I'd be happy with just an updated standard Battle Droid.

Damn.... I would actually buy a Nute Gunray. I like that guy. Yes, I do.

For better or worse, he's one on the main villains of the prequels. He's the main villain in TPM and secondary villain in both follow ups. He has more screen time than most Star Wars villains. Also, as much as the films bother me, the designs for the Trade Federation ships/droids/Nemoidians, are among my favourite SW designs. Had the same designs been used in a better film we'd all love them.

Nute Gunray... dead body would be included in Deluxe version of Sith Anakin with special backdrop Mustafar lavar control room :monkey3

Back