Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def need a Padme, not so much the Queen.

Me too. And I know everybody wants ATOC arena Padme but I want ROTS pregnant Padme more. I can recreate the end of Revenge of the Sith easier lol. Picture all the photos we'll have of Anakin and Obi-wan figures arguing and people having their Padme pretend to choke. It'll be beautiful lol

Me too. And I know everybody wants ATOC arena Padme but I want ROTS pregnant Padme more. I can recreate the end of Revenge of the Sith easier lol. Picture all the photos we'll have of Anakin and Obi-wan figures arguing and people having their Padme pretend to choke. It'll be beautiful lol

LOL, I just want a great sculpt on Natalie Portman, the only other female I have is Leia.

Hadn't even thought of that. A Hot Toys Droideka would be bad***.

As much hate as the prequel trilogy gets, there is so much great figure potential out of those movies. I hope Hot Toys delves.

I just want ROTS Obi-wan the most if I had to pic one. I'm still waiting on my ROTS Obi-wan PF from SS that will never happen :monkey2

Maul, Dooku, and Grievous are a definite for me.

I forgot about Grievous...it will be interesting to see how they improve on Sideshow's design of the mechanical body. Would parts be die cast?

Hopefully their cape doesn't bleed.

I wonder if Sideshow is still working on their LONG rumored Count Dooku. Perhaps we will have another Hot Toys/SS Jedi Luke situation and have dueling double Dookus.

The only one I see as coming soon is Obi-Wan. Seems like the most obvious choice to me. Not really sure about others. I think they’ll get to more eventually but I think they’ll round off the Original Trilogy stuff first before going full speed ahead with Prequel Trilogy stuff.

To me it makes sense to stagger figures from the prequels because it might entice people to buy them more whereas I don’t think people would eat up everything at once like with the characters from the Original Trilogy.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see what characters they focus on to entice the growth of this PT line. Obviously Anakin was a great first pick. The roll out will be gradual for sure. They also have to make room for their Solo figure announcements.

Hot Toys can't go all in like they did for the original trilogy. Not sure the support is there.

Last edited:
Agreed about less support for the prequels but if they go slow they might be able to catch some of us off guard by an offering here and there. Maybe there’s a dry spell and they put something up and it gives us our “fix”. :lol

I think what ruined it for me when SS just kept pumping out clones after clones and nothing else human characters wise I got sick of just clones.

I think another reason it makes sense to go slower with the prequels is realistically how many figures are they going to make that collectors will want?

Maybe a couple versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Padme, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Jango Fett. Possibly Mace Widu, General Greivous, maybe Chancellor Palpatine. Maybe throw in a couple Clones. I really can’t think of that many more so you’re looking at a pretty shortlist compared to the Original Trilogy in my opinion.

Do you think that there would be any support for any of the second tier Jedi Knights/Masters like Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, or Kit Fisto... especially when each character had a greater exposure in the Clone Wars TV series?

I don’t think Hot Toys would ever touch those characters. If anything Sideshow would probably tackle those characters I’d think.

My number one most wanted Star Wars figure is Queen Amidala first appearance in Phantom Menace with the red outfit. If it included the giant throne that would be a plus. That first image of Queen Amidala on the first teaser for Phantom Menace blew my mind.

If there would be Hot Toys Grievous, please make all the parts be die cast.. not like some rubber parts with SS version as I have seen the bad reviews of disintergration here

When he faced off against Yoda. Here's a comparison - EP3 outfit is brownish, more refined, EP6 is darker, rougher material - different outfits, different pendants. Also, EP3 as a happy evil, EP6 has a biting evil.

View attachment 399522

This would be great to try and recreate the gods scene. Think of the base stands for it! I honestly looked at the Emperor in a whole new way from this movie so this would be great.

If I’m dreaming too hard, copy with what sideshow did just maybe with interchangeable heads and make one with these robes and those maroon ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back