Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't think Sideshow's latest Maul will be out-done by Hot Toys. It really is a terrific 1/6 figure.

It depends. If Hot Toys makes the head and neck one piece it immediately blows Sideshow's Maul out of the water. The Maul from Sideshow only looks good from the front. Turn it to the side and the cheapo action figure looking exposed neck joint looks like garbage.

After the Han Solo movie is released, there will be 18 months before the next new Star Wars film. Perhaps Hot Toys might use that time to offer more figures from the past... both OT and PT.

And RO... ;)

But yeah 18 months with no SW film *or* big MCU event film (Ant-Man sure doesn't count) so it'll be interesting to see what gets released during that time.

It depends. If Hot Toys makes the head and neck one piece it immediately blows Sideshow's Maul out of the water. The Maul from Sideshow only looks good from the front. Turn it to the side and the cheapo action figure looking exposed neck joint looks like garbage.

Also wasn't the Sideshow Maul fairly bare bones when it came to accessories?

I think Hot Toys would at least beat them on that score. Perhaps they would add a Sith Probe to their deluxe version.

My list would be:

Episode 3 Obi Wan
Count Dooku
Episode 1 Obi Wan
Qui-Gon Jin
Mace Windu
Chancellor Palpatine
AOTC Padme

I really am perfectly fine with the Sideshow Maul, but since so many fellow freaks still need him, hopefully Hot Toys gets around to that as well.

I don't believe they will right away, BUT while many of the first generation Star Wars fans didn't like the prequels, many of the next generation of Star Wars fans do - I suspect as they mature (financially) Hot Toys will start making a small selection that may include some of those figures. Lets face it, Star Wars isn't going anywhere, only evolving, so Hot Toys will keep making figures... eventually anything is possible.

Howard is a big tease. But I wouldn't rule out getting one eventually (for the reason I mention above). Same with Queen Amidala, since Disney is targeting the female audience now big time. I think it will be a decade or two (again, wallets have to mature), but I wouldn't be surprised seeing one at that time.

Since they did Tarkin from Star Wars, I believe they will do Dooku and Grievous both... it's only a matter of timing, I don't see it happening for a few years but you never know.

Disagree that Star Wars is evolving, I think it's dying. Us old fans are getting older, smaller segment of PT fans a no new trilogy fans. So the longer they take to pump out OT and PT figures their audience shrinks.

I wasn't commenting on quality and which ones I liked. I know fans that like all the different trilogies, maybe you don't, but they're out there and I stand by what I said (be it a good thing or bad, I won't get into that).

They are out there, just not many

When was the last time you saw an adult or child wearing anything to do with TFA and TLJ?

Looks like we might get at least two more PT figures this year up for pre-order... ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (who is already up) and the teased Count Dooku.

It's smart that they start with such high demand figures.

My list would be:

Episode 3 Obi Wan
Count Dooku
Episode 1 Obi Wan
Qui-Gon Jin
Mace Windu
Chancellor Palpatine
AOTC Padme

I really am perfectly fine with the Sideshow Maul, but since so many fellow freaks still need him, hopefully Hot Toys gets around to that as well.

You got two.

I'm thinking ROTS Sidious and Yoda.

And Commander Cody to usher in the clones...

HT loves robots but Grievous seems like an engineering nightmare for them. But who knows, maybe they'll view it as K-2SO with 2 extra arms. Grievous would definitely push the price of a single Star Wars figure into the high Iron Man diecast prices, which HT would love.

Seems like Dooku is probably next. I’m okay with him and Obi-Wan and Anakin. I don’t see myself getting more from the prequels. While Maul is a cool design I don’t really need him as I don’t feel the need to own Qui-Gon or a padawan version of Obi-Wan. A Sidious/Palpatine could be sorta cool too I suppose.

I think a Mace Windu and Jango Fett figure are not too far in the future.

I definitely think Hot Toys will absolutely outdo SS on their Maul.
If I had to take a guess I’d say the most likely ones next in line will be Darth Maul, Mace, and Qui Gon. But I just want everythinghaha.

I think Jango and Maul have to be in the HT pipeline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jango is obvious. They’ve got a lot of the parts from their Boba Fett releases. Re-tool a couple things and change up some accessories and different paint.

The thought of Hot Toys digging deep into the prequel trilogy is extremely exciting yet terrifying. I've recently committed to only collecting Star Wars because between all 3 trilogies and spin-offs, anything else is too much to handle. Can't wait to see more.

Darth Maul next, please.

My Star Wars collection is going to remain mainly Original Trilogy focused. I’ll sprinkle in a few characters from the prequels (literally only a few) and some from the sequels/Disney films.

I definitely think Hot Toys will absolutely outdo SS on their Maul.
If I had to take a guess I’d say the most likely ones next in line will be Darth Maul, Mace, and Qui Gon. But I just want everythinghaha.

I always think SS Maul is pretty plain and boring..that expression on him and no accescories really not worth the price tag. I have decided to grab SS Tie pilot + AT-AT driver instead, much better quality in my opinion.

Just wait until Hot Toys Darth Maul teased with robe, cool accessories lile probe droids, or even speeder bike, much agressive expression sculpt will completely blow away. SS version

I’d definitely go for a ROTS Sidious and Palpatine, the HT version of the old SS set. I’m perfectly happy with my SS Maul, but I’m sure he’ll get made, and I’d be interested in Obi-Wan from TPM and AOTC, Anakin from AOTC as well as arena Padme, Qui-Gon, Mace, Jango and a new Yoda.

It’s funny how much more fondly I look at the prequels now, after what Disney have done with Star Wars. I was only going to focus on OT, but what we’ve seen of Anakin, and now Obi-Wan and the upcoming Dooku, they’re too good to pass up.

Arena Padme and Dooku are the only instant purchases for me.

I would consider Mace and Qui Gon and I am on the fence over ordering the new Kenobi.

There are just far too many OT (and Baze!) figures that are higher up my wants list.

Back