Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My number one most wanted Star Wars figure is Queen Amidala first appearance in Phantom Menace with the red outfit. If it included the giant throne that would be a plus. That first image of Queen Amidala on the first teaser for Phantom Menace blew my mind.

Yup that's the one I'm waiting for too. Still have all three of the Hasbro portrait edition Amidalas.

Tap'd from my 7+

Dooku, Grievous, Maul, Jango, sith eye Anakin and that's good enough for me as far as the prequels go (the Clone Wars really fleshed out Dooku and Greivous and made them great villains). Mace and Obi Wan could tempt me too though I suppose. I've come to realize that I don't want any figures from the new trilogy and I'll be getting rid of the 2 I currently have (Phasma and Kylo)

If there would be Hot Toys Grievous, please make all the parts be die cast.. not like some rubber parts with SS version as I have seen the bad reviews of disintergration here

Grievous is without a doubt a "show off" piece for HT. It would be an awesome sight to see and would be one of those pieces that would draw attention which is why I predict that without hesitation HT will make one, show it off and never offer it for actual purchase.

Desperately need a Tatooïne/Geonosis padmé, Anakin and count Dooku from AOTC.

Dooku, Grievous, Maul, Jango, sith eye Anakin and that's good enough for me as far as the prequels go (the Clone Wars really fleshed out Dooku and Greivous and made them great villains). Mace and Obi Wan could tempt me too though I suppose. I've come to realize that I don't want any figures from the new trilogy and I'll be getting rid of the 2 I currently have (Phasma and Kylo)

Me too. I've already sold my Chirrut Imwe... soon my Resistance Rey will by posted on eBay.

I just needed to give my collection more of a focus. And if I was honest with myself, the first six films are the ones I want to concentrate on. Although I liked Rogue One (didn't love it like most on this board) and Chirrut was my favorite character, shelf space is a premium.

And I needed the money from the sale to buy Hoth Leia. I was waiting on the in-hand pictures to finally pull the trigger. Can't wait for Hot Toys to finish the rest of the trio of heroes in their Hoth Gear!

And perhaps if they did come out with Baze sooner I would have hesitated more. But I'm confident that Baze will come out eventually.

Last edited:
I found a very good deal for brand new SideShow 1/6 General Grievous (non-exclusive version). But I really dont trust SS quality... was wondering if Hot Toys ever come to him though ?

If there would be Hot Toys Grievous, please make all the parts be die cast.. not like some rubber parts with SS version as I have seen the bad reviews of disintergration here

Hot Toys never makes all of the parts Diecast. Their Diecast figures are always mostly plastic.

I've been close several times on pulling the trigger on a Sideshow Grievous. But I can't help but think that, as good as Sideshow's version is, there is a far superior one in the horizon from Hot Toys.

I can wait.

I honestly don't think Sideshow's latest Maul will be out-done by Hot Toys. It really is a terrific 1/6 figure.

Yes that is why I am tempted numerous times. However, I think HTs can improve on the seam lines on the head as well as the neck joint. Also, including the robe can't hurt :). The expression on the SSC sculpt is totally awesome.

Yes that is why I am tempted numerous times. However, I think HTs can improve on the seam lines on the head as well as the neck joint. Also, including the robe can't hurt :). The expression on the SSC sculpt is totally awesome.

It is a great figure but I do think HT can definitely outdo SS. The SS figure has different body proportions than Darth Maul, I think HT can make him look more movie accurate- stocky body etc.

Obiwan ROTS Ewan McGregor is likely to be revealed very very soon.

Once he released that could open that path way to Grievous and clone troopers/commandos, Maul and others

oh boi :drool

I'd be down for more PT figures. But honestly, I have this weird gut feeling HT will stop at Anakin or maybe do EP III Obi-wan and that's it. I think with the big Marvel movies coming out and the new Star Wars movies, they will focus their attention on those lines.

But I'll keep hope for more PT figures.
I would personally love to see:

all the Jedi Council done
EP III Cancelor Palpatine
501st clones
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Darth Maul

After the Han Solo movie is released, there will be 18 months before the next new Star Wars film. Perhaps Hot Toys might use that time to offer more figures from the past... both OT and PT.

Back