Action Figure Speculation - Deadpool 2 Hot Toys Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a load of BS, why would Ryan Reynolds, Brolin and Zazie Beetz be re-cast ? They just set it up.

You say it's true, where's your evidence ?

First of all, take it easy my friend....we all are giving our views and opinions...no need to be rude. My "evidence"?...well it seems you have not seen the Raynolds interviews, comments and even direct reference on how he feels about Disney taking over and the comments some of that company top brass CEO had made about the Deadpool concept and movies...JUST LOOK around and you will find them, TO THE POINT that Raynolds have stated that if Disney try in ANYWAY to "tonedown" DP character(s)/ storyline....he will be out for good. Disney now own this character...several top CEO's have said is "not in line with their superhero plans or views"....do you REALLY think they will not do a makeover....ohhhhhh....please..just look at the mess they have with Star Wars....and hoping they can keep the success after Avengers 4....and individual hero movies.....Disney track record recently (couple of years now) have been "regular"...with a LOT of costly floops at the box office. You might think is BS....you are in your own right to do so and I respect that, hope you can respect others point of view and opinion based in the industry information and realities.

Sorry bud, but ever since it became an actual possibility Disney has repeatedly stated they are fine with r rated and mention Logan and Deadpool specifically

E6F152F2-6358-41A2-B3BB-9178552684F8.jpeg

As for Disney flops...what? And since this is about superhero and marvel specifically what flops have there been?

Sorry bud, but ever since it became an actual possibility Disney has repeatedly stated they are fine with r rated and mention Logan and Deadpool specifically

View attachment 421067

As for Disney flops...what? And since this is about superhero and marvel specifically what flops have there been?

Once more, And I respect everyones opinion....LOGAN is NOT Deadpool...iin SOOOO many levels...but to each its own, lets hope you are right and there is no change and the gang is back, let us hope that the intent of Disney to "tone down" DP do not become a reality....we will see in time. It do not look good since they made Fox to edit a "Disney Pluto "joke in the movie....they where NOT the owners yet...but FOX did it to avoid any "problems" in the property sale deals.

About Marvel/superhero movies...the master plan for the current Avengers movies and spinoff where in place way before Disney took over...why do you think Disney wanted Marvel in the first place? As for the Disney Floops and why I mention them, well because they are relevant as on how "new management" can affect a final product that could have been great...and to a specifict age range...but was diluted to a more "wide spread appeal" killing the concept and storyline.

You are right, Logan is not Deadpool. And everyone is entitled to an opinion. However since Bob Iger is in charge of Disney..seems his opinion matters more then either of ours. And that quote specifically mentions Deadpool, and says they can do it as is. You mentioned many ceo quotes saying it’s not possible but I provided a quote from the only ceo that matters and it says the opposite

I still believe since Cable was not revealed during the week of DP2 releasing, they will be waiting til X-Force to get the same (or much better) depiction of him. Hot Toys seems to be pretty strategic when it comes to these decisions and for the most part I would do the same if I was in their shoes.

That Toys Era headsculpt looks amazing. How long is the typical wait from pre-order to shipping for TE stuff?

With the Disney thing, I'm positive we get Hot Toys Cable eventually. Just gotta be patient. And LOL @ the notion of a re-cast, why would they mess with a winning formula?

Mr. Iger is the chief CEO at Disney at the moment, in a BOARD of executives and appointed at that position by the majority shareholders on that board, he is not the owner of Disney, he is there to direct the corporation and ensure its market position and proffits and company reputation....BUT.....in the "rule book of Disney"....like all others before him. The "other" CEO I mention are the ones that ALSO have a VOTE and VOICE and give the "go ahead/green light" to Mr.Iger plan and vision for the Disney enterprises, in other words...he is an employee who at the end...like in everysingle corporation, shareholding company,international enterprise have to answer to...the real owners and their wishes. Once more why destroy a winning formula?....lets ask that to the ones in charge of the Star Wars division!...SOLO movie was a fiasco at the box office because they try to change so much an solid base formula, that could have been a superb opportunity for new and exciting chapters in the SW sagas for new and OLD generations, Last Jedi have its big problems to, but since the last pillar of the original cast....is "gonne"...Luke...we will see how the main saga continue in support from the fans and handling by Disney.

As I said before, I HOPE am wrong and this and other pending projects a Fox at the time of the aquisition by Disney continue untouch and as we know it, Mr. Iger is a very talented and inteligent bussiness man.....seems he is looking very close to the alert signs of the SW "problems"...so...if he can work everything out with a Disney "R" rated division and keep these productions going as we know them is great...I will be the first one to be happy that my view and opinion was WRONG....and will be able to enjoy more Raynolds,Brolin and the gang Deadpool......I just wanted to explain my fears about this using the information up to date and the way these corporations....not only Disney...view and opperate with these things.

Yes he’s got people to answer to. So do the people you mention. And you bring up solo, and say it failed because of changes. Given that why exactly would you expect that the statements made by the CEO on a shareholder phone call would not be true and that they would change Deadpool after it made more money then iron man 1, iron man 2, all three Thor movies, two captain America movies, both ant man movies? The ceo duty is to make money for shareholders. Can’t see any situation he could justify scraping Deadpool in that light.

Just because they did things one way in the past is irrelevant. What shareholder is gonna be upset at making another billion dollar movie.

He said they would just put it under marvel and make sure it’s marketed as not a Disney film but a marvel R rated branded film. Problem solved.

Yes he’s got people to answer to. So do the people you mention. And you bring up solo, and say it failed because of changes. Given that why exactly would you expect that the statements made by the CEO on a shareholder phone call would not be true and that they would change Deadpool after it made more money then iron man 1, iron man 2, all three Thor movies, two captain America movies, both ant man movies? The ceo duty is to make money for shareholders. Can’t see any situation he could justify scraping Deadpool in that light.

Just because they did things one way in the past is irrelevant. What shareholder is gonna be upset at making another billion dollar movie.

He said they would just put it under marvel and make sure it’s marketed as not a Disney film but a marvel R rated branded film. Problem solved.

Glad you are in the Disney board and know how it all work out, perfect my friend, I sleep better now that the problem is solved and all is going to stay the same. I am amazed every single time one voice an opinion or view, and people who do not like it resort to the "you are dead wrong, my way or nothing or as other gentleman here did, insult"....well....perfect....time will tell...but since you fixed the "problem"......there will be no problem to fix any longer.

Glad you are in the Disney board and know how it all work out, perfect my friend, I sleep better now that the problem is solved and all is going to stay the same. I am amazed every single time one voice an opinion or view, and people who do not like it resort to the "you are dead wrong, my way or nothing or as other gentleman here did, insult"....well....perfect....time will tell...but since you fixed the "problem"......there will be no problem to fix any longer.
You are free to share your concerns, but others are free to point out where they're flawed. The Star Wars comparison is a poor one because it's a situation where many of the actors have passed on or are senior citizens; the franchise needs fresh faces so they can continue to capitalize on the license. Unfortunately, Solo bombed, but the Star Wars fan base are religiously into that universe and are resistant to change (and the movie may have sucked, I wouldn't know as I haven't seen it).

There is no reason to believe they want to change a winning formula considering they have shareholders to answer to and are already on record confirming R-rated franchises.

You are free to share your concerns, but others are free to point out where they're flawed. The Star Wars comparison is a poor one because it's a situation where many of the actors have passed on or are senior citizens; the franchise needs fresh faces so they can continue to capitalize on the license. Unfortunately, Solo bombed, but the Star Wars fan base are religiously into that universe and are resistant to change (and the movie may have sucked, I wouldn't know as I haven't seen it).

There is no reason to believe they want to change a winning formula considering they have shareholders to answer to and are already on record confirming R-rated franchises.

As I have said from the first post, hope I am wrong....I WANT to be wrong....and want to be wrong about this...not only Deadpool but other Fox properties now under Disney, but once more since none of us are at the executive level...we really do not know what are the final plans....99% percent of the fan base and general public believe that nothing will change at all....in fact some...a big portion...believe it could be even better under Disney, I am perfectly fine with that....but...still I am in the 1% left that think changes "might" .....that same word was used by the Mr. Iger statement posted here by a fellow member.....occur in some of the properties, the fact that the main character actor Raynolds have voiced his concerns in public and even more in private, is what move a fan of the character/movie like myself to be concern, in no way I am traying to impose or say my point of view is the only one or the correct one, just using the information available and stated by those directly involved in this....pre Disney aquisition....and after Disney aquisition. But hey....we are here to discuss figures and our wish list for them, so I am sorry if I drag this to long, but sometimes one must explain the reason on why one assume a position/concern about something...and always respecting others opinions a views with tact and courtesy.

Did I use an insult? Did I make a snarky sarcastic comment or use all caps to make my point? Did I cite sources or people and not include any supporting info? No, that sir was you. What I did was use an actual shareholder call quote from the man in charge or the company, not random vague people with no actually quotes, to point out that since the merger became public Disney and marvel have repeatedly stated they have no problem with R rated movies, they used Deadpool specifically, and then THEY laid out exactly what they would do. This is not my opinion, it’s not your opinion it’s not random shareholder opinions it’s the public on record report from the ceo to shareholders opinion and plan.

I’ve not stated what I think will happen. You did that. I countered your points with the opinions and plans of the company, and by law what a ceo says on a shareholder call is what the company says. The board of Disney has never overruled Bobs plan. Not once snince he’s been CEO.

And, FYI I am a Disney shareholder. And fox.

TLDR all that... But if Bob really is the business man you all think he is... Do you think he will want another solo on his hands? If they meddle with DP the fan base will do to xforce/DP3 what the fans did to solo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did I use an insult? Did I make a snarky sarcastic comment or use all caps to make my point? Did I cite sources or people and not include any supporting info? No, that sir was you. What I did was use an actual shareholder call quote from the man in charge or the company, not random vague people with no actually quotes, to point out that since the merger became public Disney and marvel have repeatedly stated they have no problem with R rated movies, they used Deadpool specifically, and then THEY laid out exactly what they would do. This is not my opinion, it’s not your opinion it’s not random shareholder opinions it’s the public on record report from the ceo to shareholders opinion and plan.

I’ve not stated what I think will happen. You did that. I countered your points with the opinions and plans of the company, and by law what a ceo says on a shareholder call is what the company says. The board of Disney has never overruled Bobs plan. Not once snince he’s been CEO.

And, FYI I am a Disney shareholder. And fox.
Did I said you insult me?...NO....did I replay back saying you are wrong....period...and not knowing what I was talking about...NO....you said I dont give proof...well....this is not a court of law...that I know off...you want proof...go around a read all the reports and interviews in the industry, you and others said the SOLO movie comparison is "irrelevant/past actions"....well it was used as an example of a corporate full control project that cost...after all was finish and done almost half a billion dollars....and had a poor revenue and critics reviews on HOW it was handle....but ok is irrelevant to you and others...no problem I understand. Read my posts again...and see my tone and explanations....then looks at your....yes NOW I am talking directly to you, and see the difference in tone and courtesy.

You are a shareholder, fine and happy for you and....like MILLIONS more that make Disney a strong company.....but dont think that is relevant in this conversation?....or is it?....did they ask your opinion on the matter?

I will leave this here, it seems some people can not have different points of view and reach a middleground of discusion....seem always someone have to be compleatly right......I HOPE YOU ARE.....and do it in capital letter....s*****ing in web language....so you can SEE I HOPE YOU AND ALL OTHERS ARE RIGHT!!!!!!....I WANT THAT TO!!!

If Iger is as smart as we think he is, it is time to dump Kennedy. Although, I did see an interview saying that he read TLJ script after seeing TFA. That should've launched the purge for the heretics running Lucasfilm.

Geez I go away for a day and come back to this.

I say we come back here in 1 year and see who was right.

Sure there could be a re-boot & recast of Deadpool.....but I very very much doubt it.

Does Deadpool make money? Yes.

Does Disney like money? Yes.

Have they explicitly stated they are willing to keep R rated films? Yes.

Can Deadpool transcend the cast changes and universe changes? Better than anyone.

....proft?

I can't even remember, was Deadpool at the HT SDCC booth? I was just thinking how surprised I am that Shuri is being made (or prototyped at least) while no one else from DP2 is gonna be made apparently.

I can't even remember, was Deadpool at the HT SDCC booth? I was just thinking how surprised I am that Shuri is being made (or prototyped at least) while no one else from DP2 is gonna be made apparently.

He was in the same „box“ as the new Spidermen

Back