Speculation: Can we stop with all the speculation threads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We now need two more threads,

Speculation; The Fall of Speculation threads.

And

Speculation: The Rise of the Speculation threads.

Now I hate the word Speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speculation threads are the reason we have Tarkin, Krennic and Anakin. We are trying to keep willing things we want into existence via speculation threads.

How DARE you, sir.

Speculation threads are the reason we have Tarkin, Krennic and Anakin. We are trying to keep willing things we want into existence via speculation threads.

How DARE you, sir.
Oh forreal..? BRB about to go make a General Grievous and Chancellor Palpatine speculation thread..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The only time they bother me is when they don't have speculation in the title but that usually gets fixed. So i don't open them.

Regarding the forum being dead though, I wonder if the hobby has already priced out a lot members. The # of board members may be going up but I doubt many people go through the trouble to delete their account.

I think these two responses sum it up fairly. As long as someone isn't trolling the forum with them (like the person who was recently excused) it is just another forum of expression (pardon the pun) You don't like, don't look or respond. They'll wither away like any topic that doesn't hold interest.

For you and the other mods keeping score, I messaged Darklord Dave and he agreed that I should not have been banned.

I personally don’t have an issue with them, but I can see how it can clutter up the forum when you make a speculation thread for literally any figure, even without any evidence that figure will even be made. It sort of becomes a slippery slope because you can make a speculation thread for a figure about any character:

1/6 Jar-Jar Binks Speculation Thread
1/6 ESB Admiral Ozzel Speculation Thread
1/6 ESB Captain Needa Speculation Thread
1/6 Admiral Piett Speculation Thread
1/6 Shimi Skywalker Speculation Thread
1/6 ANH Owen Lars Speculation Thread
1/6 TRoS Luke & Leia Jedi Training Dual Pack Speculation Thread

Literally anything.

I personally don?t have an issue with them, but I can see how it can clutter up the forum when you make a speculation thread for literally any figure, even without any evidence that figure will even be made. It sort of becomes a slippery slope because you can make a speculation thread for a figure about any character:

1/6 Jar-Jar Binks Speculation Thread
1/6 ESB Admiral Ozzel Speculation Thread
1/6 ESB Captain Needa Speculation Thread
1/6 Admiral Piett Speculation Thread
1/6 Shimi Skywalker Speculation Thread
1/6 ANH Owen Lars Speculation Thread
1/6 TRoS Luke & Leia Jedi Training Dual Pack Speculation Thread

Literally anything.

Even in the speculation thread speculation thread, cara dune gets no love?! :)

To be honest, I follow one or two speculation threads with interesst myself indeed. But if people start to create speculation threads based on their personal wish lists, the thread will become messy.

Maybe we could just create a Sticky thread or a sub forum for speculations within the Star Wars-action figures thread.
If a speculation becomes official, a mod only has to move it to the action figures thread.

Just to keep everything better organized. Win-win for everybody.

No?

Back