Special Figures 1/6 Heavy Armored Locomotive (Dredd 2012 Lawmaster)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at getting the figure and the bike.

Put a preorder in with a UK seller and there's seemingly an £85 saving when going through KG-Hobby.

I guess that takes in to account the import charges, if they've ever been charged. So the KG-Hobby is seemingly a great deal!

Looking at getting the figure and the bike.

Put a preorder in with a UK seller and there's seemingly an £85 saving when going through KG-Hobby.

I guess that takes in to account the import charges, if they've ever been charged. So the KG-Hobby is seemingly a great deal!

There aren't any import charges from Hong Kong sellers as long as you request a certain amount to be put on the customs forms.

With some inflated UK prices it would still be cheaper to buy from Hong Kong and pay the full VAT.

There aren't any import charges from Hong Kong sellers as long as you request a certain amount to be put on the customs forms.

With some inflated UK prices it would still be cheaper to buy from Hong Kong and pay the full VAT.

That's good to know! Hell of a saving really.

Can't say I've ever been charged import tax on anything I've purchased (regardless of country) anyway. Going to be keeping an eye on KGHobby from now on!

Dies anyone know if this is still going to be released? I can't find it on any websites or on eBay......wondered if it was still getting produced. Thanks!

As lots of preorder deposits have been collected I think it’s pretty likely to be released. Just may be a bit of a wait.

Any news on this? I knew the given release date was to soon/fictional, but wonder if this still going to be made, no update of any kind makes me wonder and since I gave a deposit would like to know if there have been any problem or cancelations.

I just got an email and invoice that this item is about to be released. I forgot all about it.

Hopefully I should get it soon!

image-6__90724.1526364472.1000.1200.png

:slap

Got my invoice from Kit too. Can Iron Man even sit on it properly? A blue version to go with the blue figure would have made more sense.
Hoping they will turn their attention to the Stallone version now.:pray:

I just ordered the standard version at the time, May 2018, and never knew there was a different version.

I will try and take some pictures when I get the bike with my Dredd figure.

Mine has just arrived today and looks lovely but has no instructions with it and I’m having a few issues. I can’t for the life of me get the stand to go down at the bottom and I’m too frightened to force it. Also, there are two massive, very sharp pieces of metal in the centre of the bike, just in front of the back wheel. I don’t know if I’m meant to remove these somehow as they look ugly and are really sharp.

I currently have my 3A Dredd sitting on it and he looks wonderful. It’ll be a real shame if I can’t resolve these issues.

Mine has just arrived today and looks lovely but has no instructions with it and I’m having a few issues. I can’t for the life of me get the stand to go down at the bottom and I’m too frightened to force it. Also, there are two massive, very sharp pieces of metal in the centre of the bike, just in front of the back wheel. I don’t know if I’m meant to remove these somehow as they look ugly and are really sharp.

I currently have my 3A Dredd sitting on it and he looks wonderful. It’ll be a real shame if I can’t resolve these issues.

7E07F868-ED77-4E4F-A3FA-DCA538BBD813.jpg

771DF54F-001E-4E39-91A5-1EBD4948905D.jpg

What is this!?!

85EBBF05-A8B2-44FD-AE4F-E19D06205F60.jpg

Those 2 metal rods are the ends of a torsion spring. It looks like yours may have been inserted the wrong way round. That might explain why you are having trouble moving the stand. Mine arrive next week, so i will have a closer look then. I wouldn't do anything just yet.

Those 2 metal rods are the ends of a torsion spring. It looks like yours may have been inserted the wrong way round. That might explain why you are having trouble moving the stand. Mine arrive next week, so i will have a closer look then. I wouldn't do anything just yet.

The ends of the spring are exactly the same on mine which arrived yesterday.

Though I can't tell what purpose the spring serves. It almost looks like it should create the motion of rear suspension, but there isn't any discernible movement. It may have something to do with the chain, since that turns with some resistance. Though it doesn't completely rotate, but rather locks up while the chain slackens.

The stand has its own spring, and is further forward on the Lawmaster. I had no trouble operating it - the stand pulls outwards and forwards.

I was a bit disappointed with the construction of the chassis, engine and guns as they're largely made up of nondescript chunks of plastic. The detail level is more kid's toy than high end.

However, once I put it in the Detolf with Dredd, Anderson and Alvarez it looked much more impressive because the eye is drawn to the distinctive shape of the fairing instead.

I silver drybrushed the guns and parts that are supposed to be bare metal to reduce the flat black appearance and give it a little more life.

Using photos of the hero prop for reference highlights just how different the Special Figures model is. In simplifying the design some areas are completely changed or omitted from the actual Lawmaster.

45796021821_8e8b971a3e_o.jpg

Got mine today, what a disappointment. The fact that the box was so light was a giveaway. I have other 1/6 bikes that have diecast parts and are made much better than this, for a fraction of the price. It is very toy-like, but with some detail painting, can be made to look good. As a static display piece to go with your figure, it's fine. As something to own, in it's own right, it's a big let down.

There are some big flaws with this bike, most obvious is that the front wheel is far too wide, being the same width as the rear. Presumably, they were made identical to keep costs down. It should be about 2/3 of the width it is. This means steering for the front is very limited.

Second problem is the handlebars. On the real bikes, the handlebars were mounted on a 2nd pivot further back. They connected to the front forks, by 2 bars running parallel. This bike omits that set-up and opts to make the handlebars super long, again limiting the amount of steering angle.

Third is the rear suspension. On this model, the rear swing arm is fixed, but to give the model "working" suspension, the rear wheel is attached to a hidden inner swing arm. This arm is too small and flimsy, so the rear wheel moves around a lot and the amount of travel so limited, it's largely pointless. The spring for this (the 2 metal rods poking out) is far too weak for the job as is badly engineered, as it should really be hidden away internally.

Lastly, the red lights on the front should be alternating red/blue. As is, it's pretty crude, but is a good starting point for a more detailed custom. I don't regret picking it up, but is overpriced for what it is.

Got mine today, what a disappointment. The fact that the box was so light was a giveaway. I have other 1/6 bikes that have diecast parts and are made much better than this, for a fraction of the price. It is very toy-like, but with some detail painting, can be made to look good. As a static display piece to go with your figure, it's fine. As something to own, in it's own right, it's a big let down.

There are some big flaws with this bike, most obvious is that the front wheel is far too wide, being the same width as the rear. Presumably, they were made identical to keep costs down. It should be about 2/3 of the width it is. This means steering for the front is very limited.

Second problem is the handlebars. On the real bikes, the handlebars were mounted on a 2nd pivot further back. They connected to the front forks, by 2 bars running parallel. This bike omits that set-up and opts to make the handlebars super long, again limiting the amount of steering angle.

Third is the rear suspension. On this model, the rear swing arm is fixed, but to give the model "working" suspension, the rear wheel is attached to a hidden inner swing arm. This arm is too small and flimsy, so the rear wheel moves around a lot and the amount of travel so limited, it's largely pointless. The spring for this (the 2 metal rods poking out) is far too weak for the job as is badly engineered, as it should really be hidden away internally.

Lastly, the red lights on the front should be alternating red/blue. As is, it's pretty crude, but is a good starting point for a more detailed custom. I don't regret picking it up, but is overpriced for what it is.

I was not in all honesty expecting much, not for £80. It does look a bit cheap in pictures but I still cant wait to get my Dredd on it.
Maybe the bike would look better with a repaint & weathering?

Back