Sour Grapes - vent here....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
back in the day I was on the Gray Hulk VS Spidey page and didn't order by choice. **** me. :gah:
Also passed up Excl Doom many times over.... **** me... :gah:
then i bought into the faux bronze SW low run idea and got stuck... **** me :gah:

please share your frustrations......

sour-grapes.jpg

I got caught in the SW faux bronze web as well. They were neat but now you can't give them away.

I canceled my Darth Tallon PF Exc..... doh.

back in the day I was on the Gray Hulk VS Spidey page and didn't order by choice. **** me. :gah:
Also passed up Excl Doom many times over.... **** me... :gah:
then i bought into the faux bronze SW low run idea and got stuck... **** me :gah:

please share your frustrations......

sour-grapes.jpg

tumblr_m8evxvzqGA1r098izo1_500.png

Chris

I regret not knowing about SSC earlier. Missed out on a lot of grail statues but slowly but surely, I got them all....even at a cost though...

Thanks for all the freaks form this forum & SF that has made it happened. My collection would not have been without you guys :)

to this day Id make the same decisions.
Its always been about my personal collection and the pieces I want in it and not about the $$$.

That being said, seeing the $$ some pieces I passed on at retail are going for now..... :gah:

-Passed up the Venom comiquette for $250 at a convention about a week before it started going for crazy prices.

-Cancelled my EX Leonardo so I could by people better Christmas presents and was never able to get one even though I have all three other turtles.

-Sold my Carnotaurus EX maquette for $150 because it had a small hole under the armpit that I didn't notice until after the Sideshow return policy time period and then also sold the Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops dio for $150 since I didn't have the Carnotaurus anymore.

-Sold Friday the 13th Part III Jason Vorhees EX Premium format for something like $400

-Not a statue, but I sold the Gunmetal Mark III Iron Man from Hot Toys for $175

-Also not Sideshow, but possible the worst. Traded original Hot Toys Batpod for Iron Man Mark II original + $50 a week before the V2 of Mark II was shown and put up for pre-order.

Sold my Hot Toys Hellboy for 225$ a few years ago..

Canceled Sideshow Patient Zero statue...

#1 ...I didn't buy the Sideshow Dr. Doom statue for 350$ a year ago while at a small comic convention. Mainly because I couldn't afford to spend 350 right then.

I did get a #1 Iron Man Comic for 50 bucks though at that same convention :)

Ehh I think that's about it for now.

-Passed up the Venom comiquette for $250 at a convention about a week before it started going for crazy prices.

-Cancelled my EX Leonardo so I could by people better Christmas presents and was never able to get one even though I have all three other turtles.

-Sold my Carnotaurus EX maquette for $150 because it had a small hole under the armpit that I didn't notice until after the Sideshow return policy time period and then also sold the Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops dio for $150 since I didn't have the Carnotaurus anymore.

-Sold Friday the 13th Part III Jason Vorhees EX Premium format for something like $400

-Not a statue, but I sold the Gunmetal Mark III Iron Man from Hot Toys for $175

-Also not Sideshow, but possible the worst. Traded original Hot Toys Batpod for Iron Man Mark II original + $50 a week before the V2 of Mark II was shown and put up for pre-order.
Ouch...

I think my only vent is buying PCS Bison EX and it was not what I'd expected. Sold it for a loss of $80 :(

Well my other vent was I went to my LCS (without my wallet) :slap and saw the Soulfire Grace statue for $350. One of the shop rep said he would hold it for me. Got home to get my wallet & went back to the LCS and the owner had sold it. Man was I mad. :gah:

Last edited:
I was standing in line at the local comic shop with ht blade in hand for retail,then at last minute changed my mind and went with a medicom anakin instead figuring that I could pick blade up the following week,years later I'm still looking for blade and now I can't even look at the anikin cause it reminds me of that bad decision

My biggest regret is canceling the Pumpkinhead maq all those many many years ago. It wasn't so much that I passed, but at the time I had Darkness 1:1 and Pumpkinhead on pre order together and could only get one. I would still make the same choice today, but I still drives me nutz I don't own that piece.

Not knowing about SSC sooner...
And purchasing the Hot Toys DX01 for $600+ on eBay only to discover this forum later that night and finding it for sale for waaaay cheaper.
Also passed on the Skaar PF Ex when it went up for PO thinking the Axe wouldn't be a big deal.

Hmm... I would have to say not getting in the game early enough...I mean I guess it could be a blessing in disguise since I was able to collect some cool comics and get them graded...but still the thought of owning Darth Talon...The Scarlet Witch (the one controlling the little vision) or the one I regret the most... >>>> JESSICA RABBIT ... :slap:slap

But...I'm in the game now and playing catch up...I won't be buying any of the grail pieces I meant ones above due to their prices... But you can count on me buying the pieces I like going forward...

My PO list - Harley Quinn EX PF ... Deadpool EX PF ... Halo Master Chief PF ... Poison Ivy PF (got this one just before it went to the wait list!!!) ... Boba Fett Prototype 1/6 ... War Machine EX 1/6

BOOM!!! :yess:

But I can assure you I will also start Pre-Ordering (when they go up!):

...J Scott Campbell (Spider-Man, Stacy Qwen, Mary Jane)
...Red Sonja EX PF
...***Queen of the Dead P****** a huge yes!
And
If it isn't too much-- Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust and Apocalypse PF

Lol sorry to turn this around to some future wants... But it's my way of justifying missing out on the older pieces...there are always some awesome ones coming out!!! :pfft:

Selling my godamn entire PF/maquette/custom collection for a home theater. :slap

Hulk PF gone
Thor PF gone
Cap PF gone
Punisher PF gone
Spidey PF gone
Thing PF gone
Abomination PF gone
Stealth IM gone
Classic IM (with flag) gone
Hulk 1/4 Custom gone
Wolverine comiquette (my first SS piece, ughh) gone

:( x a billion

Yes, I 100% regret my decision.

Selling my godamn entire PF/maquette/custom collection for a home theater. :slap

Hulk PF gone
Thor PF gone
Cap PF gone
Punisher PF gone
Spidey PF gone
Thing PF gone
Abomination PF gone
Stealth IM gone
Hulk 1/4 Custom gone

Yes, I 100% regret my decision.

You sir have just depressed me . . . :slap :mad::mad::mad:

Hulk PF gone
Thor PF gone
Cap PF gone
Punisher PF gone
Spidey PF gone
Thing PF gone
Abomination PF gone
Stealth IM gone
Hulk 1/4 Custom gone