Soon - All sales will have to be in Commerce

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the fees are reasonable, I think its ok. However, I also think there should be some limitations on the customizers in regards to taking 6 months to a year to get your stuff to you. Maybe 30 days is appropriate....something like that. And if they abuse their position, ban them. Also, maybe the number of Mods needs to be limited. Too many hands in the cookie jar dictating things as it is (no offense to any particular mod). Plus, may sound like a stupid question, but where does the payment go? Does it go to pay expenses running the board or something? I mean, Whats the difference now when the board was free versus now? It's Dave board, but I was just curious.

This won't be it to people who make full figures will get all the time they need.

well, I guess you can if you own the place. :wink1:
[ame]https://youtu.be/TdK6sR5Sfdc[/ame]

I don't know what the ultimate price will be, but based on what Dave has communicated to the mods thus far, the fee should be pretty negligible in relation to what folks would pay selling pricey collectibles on eBay. So I think any argument of passing costs to buyers should really be a moot point unless a seller is trying to unjustly milk buyers out of more than they should be.

For the most part, there are some great sellers on here. They do some amazing work and get your items to you quick. However, there are others that take forever with little to no updates and tend to take on several other projects rather than finishing up the ones that are taking forever. If you can tackle several projects at one time, then that's great. But if you can't, then finish the ones that people have paid for before starting others. I just think that seems only right.

Great freaking idea Dave.
I've been saying that for a while.
There's a bunch of us including myself that make some damn good money off this forum. I have no problem paying a fee for the privilege to sell on here. Beats eBay any day IMO. Sign me up

Great freaking idea Dave.
I've been saying that for a while.
There's a bunch of us including myself that make some damn good money off this forum. I have no problem paying a fee for the privilege to sell on here. Beats eBay any day IMO. Sign me up

I've made far more off ebay even with the fees. To each their own. :duff

From what i'm understanding from post #1, we pay a fee to buy AND sell? Seems reasonable, SSF has done more for me than any other forum out there, I don't mind contributing a little.

There's a bunch of us including myself that make some damn good money off this forum.
Yeah, folks are always going to resist change that seems to affect their own pocketbooks, but this is the truth. The forum provides a great opportunity for members to promote and sell their stuff to like-minded collectors. It only seems fair to me that they give something back financially for that privilege. To Badmoon's post, that is probably the case when you're talking typical mass produced stuff from Hot Toys and Sideshow. But with customs particularly, the audience you have access to here, the detailed discussions and promotion/marketing you can provide, and ability to easily communicate/transact across countries really provides sellers with an advantage you aren't going to get in many other places. There are other outlets that can provide some of this, but I don't think anything matches what this forum provides for certain types of custom work focused on geek franchises.

MiKe EcKo produces a chemically pure and stable product that performs as advertised. No adulterants. No baby formula. No chili powder. What he produces, is 99.1% pure.

Yeah, folks are always going to resist change that seems to affect their own pocketbooks, but this is the truth. The forum provides a great opportunity for members to promote and sell their stuff to like-minded collectors. It only seems fair to me that they give something back financially for that privilege. To Badmoon's post, that is probably the case when you're talking typical mass produced stuff from Hot Toys and Sideshow. But with customs particularly, the audience you have access to here, the detailed discussions and promotion/marketing you can provide, and ability to easily communicate/transact across countries really provides sellers with an advantage you aren't going to get in many other places. There are other outlets that can provide some of this, but I don't think anything matches what this forum provides for certain types of custom work focused on geek franchises.

Yup you got it. But I have to agree with some of the others. If you want people to pay to sell their "customs" and buy their "customs" then you need to provide some sense of security other than collecting a pay check. Just my thoughts.

So, does this go for people making custom products, or for all of the "for sale/trade" threads, as well?

Back