Soon - All sales will have to be in Commerce

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the imminent opening of the all new SSF forum (probably in the next week or two) we are changing the policy on custom sales.

Starting when the new forum launches - anything being solicited for sale will have to go in the Commerce forum. We will create a new subsection there just for custom items.

I would like to make it in the model of therpf.com. People show off their creations in the appropriate section - for here that will mean that to show an item, an in-progress pic, etc., they will post in this forum.

BUT if they want to solicit it for sale they will need to post a separate thread in the commerce customs subsection. Any discussion of the sale of the item will be there including shipping updates, etc.. Any discussion of the figure or item itself will be in the original thread here.

Also in the new forum only Premium Members will be allowed to offer items for sale. Premium Members will pay an annual fee for membership and will get other perks besides sales forum access.

Okay - this thread is to ask questions, make suggestions, etc. Fire away...

With the imminent opening of the all new SSF forum (probably in the next week or two) we are changing the policy on custom sales.

Starting when the new forum launches - anything being solicited for sale will have to go in the Commerce forum. We will create a new subsection there just for custom items.

I would like to make it in the model of therpf.com. People show off their creations in the appropriate section - for here that will mean that to show an item, an in-progress pic, etc., they will post in this forum.

BUT if they want to solicit it for sale they will need to post a separate thread in the commerce customs subsection. Any discussion of the sale of the item will be there including shipping updates, etc.. Any discussion of the figure or item itself will be in the original thread here.

Also in the new forum only Premium Members will be allowed to offer items for sale. Premium Members will pay an annual fee for membership and will get other perks besides sales forum access.

Okay - this thread is to ask questions, make suggestions, etc. Fire away...

Very nice. It may ruffle some at first because its different, but I think overall it will be a great improvement to the way things are done. Easier to see whats on sale too this way. Will you need to be a premium member to enter/interact on the sales forum or is this just if you want to be a seller?

The restriction on selling items applies to ALL items, or only the sale of custom items?

I'm assuming non-PMs will still be able to access the Commerce section?

I used to be a premium member over at the RPF. It was pretty cheap if I recall but the perks weren't that great...A private members only section and the ability to chat, but that was a couple years ago. I rarely go there nowadays and I'm not a premium member either anymore.

What kind of perks would be offered here?

I used to be a premium member over at the RPF. It was pretty cheap if I recall but the perks weren't that great...A private members only section and the ability to chat, but that was a couple years ago. I rarely go there nowadays and I'm not a premium member either anymore.

What kind of perks would be offered here?

I would hope bigger inboxes, thats one thing alot of people have been asking for and a few people actually suggested this in the general threads that maybe having a premium membership would be the way to go and get this.

If it's not ridiculous money I would be happy to pay to be a premium member :)

I'm cautiously optimistic. i really love this forum and the people I have dealt with on here. I really hope this does not change too much. I will wait for further clarification from DD.

How will this affect the "Want To Buy/ Trade" section. For example, will anybody be able to post there regardless of being a Premium Member? And if so, will anybody be able to respond to it via private message and make a trade or sell them an item?

I'm sorry but that's a horrid idea. Someone like me who just makes a few dollars here and there every once in awhile with tattoo sales, it's not worth it for me to pay for the ability to sell. I'm all for premium member stuff, but having to pay to sell is no bueno.

Back