Soon - All sales will have to be in Commerce

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see a problem with it. It will also keep the newbies from bypassing the commerce rules.

The fee is fine as well. Hope it comes with increased pm space.

Would it be possible to do a one-time payment as opposed to annual? A few other forums I frequent use that system. I think that'd ease the pain a bit. Price is a factor as well of course.

Can we still buy n sell n trade custom type stuff on the star wars n joe related trade threads? Or is that a no go as well? Just wondering...tbh...as of right now...it kinda scares me...but on the other hand..it may help a bunch too...will wait n see what prices will be and the perks..hopefully more pm space lol

Why would this be the end?
Only those that want to sell stuff have to pay.
I just hope the format doesn't change. One of the big reasons I don't go to OSW is because the site is really confusing.

How about including some selling rules about taking deposits and the wait time for the item to become available or even in hand. Working within the Paypal 45 days interval is appropriate.

Yea some members on here take a deposit then you wait 6 months to hear a update its crazy.

And how about who "sale" not a product, but services like painting commission, etc.. ?
How applied this commerce rule?

So now that a membership is required in order to sell does that mean that the board will be taking part responsibility in the case that any members get scammed here?

Just thought I'd ask.

So now that a membership is required in order to sell does that mean that the board will be taking part responsibility in the case that any members get scammed here?

I don't want to speak for Dave, but I can pretty much guarantee that the answer to this is a resounding NO. Buyer beware, as always.

I don't want to speak for Dave, but I can pretty much guarantee that the answer to this is a resounding NO. Buyer beware, as always.

If he's going to start taking a cut, I think this board should bear some of the responsibility if a sale goes sour. Can't have your cake and eat it too... well, I guess you can if you own the place. :wink1:

As long as the fees are reasonable, I think its ok. However, I also think there should be some limitations on the customizers in regards to taking 6 months to a year to get your stuff to you. Maybe 30 days is appropriate....something like that. And if they abuse their position, ban them. Also, maybe the number of Mods needs to be limited. Too many hands in the cookie jar dictating things as it is (no offense to any particular mod). Plus, may sound like a stupid question, but where does the payment go? Does it go to pay expenses running the board or something? I mean, Whats the difference now when the board was free versus now? It's Dave board, but I was just curious.

Is this only for guys who want to sell custom stuff? Or does it affect other sections selling from their private collection as well?

I have found that you only lose money selling on the boards. People expect cheap prices. I don't sell here and I certainly won't pay to do so. However, I also hope it cleans up some of the nonsense that I've read about in past threads.

Back