SONY to make Morbius Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope all these spinoffs will ultimately lead to one cinematic Spider-Man with a full, comic accurate lineup of villains. But I don't get it, after showcasing characters like Venom and Morbius as lead anti-heroes, are we expected to root for Spider-Man when he faces them?

The Keaton spoiler was dumb to include in the trailer. How is he even out of jail? Does this take place before Homecoming?

The full Morbius design looks cool. Like Venom, I doubt we'll see any hawt toys.

Sony is just desperate to tie this into the MCu. Unlike Venom, Morbius has no name recognition outside of fans so them saying this is connected to the MCU is them trying to get casual fans in seats. They already ****ed up venom origin so idk what the hell they are planning. probably just being stupid like always.

"Sony Pictures proudly presents a character who knows a character whose daughter went on a date with a character from AVENGERS: ENDGAME."

lol

:lol

FROM
an affiliated company of
MARVEL STUDIOS

Sony is just desperate to tie this into the MCu. Unlike Venom, Morbius has no name recognition outside of fans so them saying this is connected to the MCU is them trying to get casual fans in seats. They already ****ed up venom origin so idk what the hell they are planning. probably just being stupid like always.

I don’t know why everyone is up Sony’s ass for tweaking Venom’s origin, but Iron Lad is a perfectly faithful representation of the character Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created.

I don?t know why everyone is up Sony?s ass for tweaking Venom?s origin, but Iron Lad is a perfectly faithful representation of the character Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created.

Sony wanted those changes for Spider-Man so if you want to blame someone blame them. They wanted iron man to be included. And yea I?ll always blame Sony cause they suck ass. They haven?t made a good Spider-Man film since 2. Spiderverse don?t count . It?s a cartoon . Different studio

Venoms origin is deeply rooted to spidermsn take that away and he?s barely venom. The whole reason he is called venom is cause of Spider-Man.

Love how people think marvel wanted Spider-Man to be a sidekick to iron man. It was Sony who said make the inclusion. Cause they desperately wanted people to see the connection and move away from the crappy amazing movies

Eh, Leto looks good (as always; damn his genes), it's got Jared Harrirs and Matt Smith, apparently it's in the MCU so maybe it'll crossover with Blade and Strange, giving us the Midnight Sons, so... I'm not mad. It looks like it'll be a 2000s Capeflick like Venom and honestly, I don't mind. It's not like Morbius has an extensive catalog of classic stories or whatever. Now bring on that Silver & Black film. I, uh, am looking forward to it for certain reasons...

fcd56cbdecb7ceaaf8f4714c097589cc.jpg

PS: I'm kinda surprised they kept the Greek thing in there. Mostly because I never felt that it added anything. Wouldn't it be easier to just make him American/English? Morbius is a play on "Morbid" which ain't exactly got a whole lot in common with Papathanasis. Morbis is a very rare Italian name though. Anyway, doesn't matter, just kinda surprised to see it there. Apparently the movie starts off in London, from what I read. Also, they changed his fiancee from the source material.

dfe3425079ec84b0473d2d0c45fe7201.jpg

I'll see it, but it's going to be weird to have Tom Holland's SM appear in these Sony movies, which just have a different look, tone and feel to them. I'm not confident they can pull it off (but I hope I'm wrong).

As a kid, I was a fan of the Ron Wagner books in the 90s, so I'll see this if for no other reason than I would've **** myself if this came out then. I like the purple "cape" smoke effect, resembles his purple cape wing things from the 90s book. Also that shot of him looking over his shoulder is right from issue 1 of the that series.

And yes, bring on the real Nightstalkers/Midnight Sons (need Snipes back though)

This one thing always jumps out at me in films: when the protagonist or whomever needs cutting, slices the palm of their hand open.

It is the most impractical, painful and inconvenient place you could cut yourself if all you need to do is draw blood. I get that it looks dramatic but it always takes me out of it.

Things that me go hmmm.

So ?That 70s Show? meets ?Vampires Suck?, with a Marvel twist? Marvelous. Or should I say groovy?

Back