Sony Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sony Spider-Man Animated film (2018)

Can anyone tell me what the hell is so special about Miles Morales as Spiderman besides him being black for the sjw millennials?

You just answered your own question

Can anyone tell me what the hell is so special about Miles Morales as Spiderman besides him being black for the sjw millennials?

Miles is much more serious, lately though, they have loosened him a bit and he has a Peter Parker vibe. I hated that they made him mixed just to appeal to SJW, but reading it, I liked it; and being Latino, it didn't persuade me to like him for that.

He also has cooler powers, while he still maintains a lot of what Spidey is, he has a "venom" touch, which essentially shocks people, and he also has a camouflage ability.

To me though, he is more of a Nightwing, rather than Batman. Peter is always Spidey, and nothing wrong with Miles, but he isn't and will never be, the definitive Spidey.

Miles is a great character, as he was originally conceived, a successor to Peter after he falls in battle. Until they screwed him up and brought him into the 616 universe it was a great book. It was Marvels’s Batman Beyond. It doesn’t work unless he is carrying on Spider-man’s legacy, not fighting with him as Sidekick type. It’s like forcing Terry McGunniess Batman to come back to the past and fight alongside Bruce. It makes no sense. Hopefully, the movie will follow the original concept.

Miles is a great character, as he was originally conceived, a successor to Peter after he falls in battle. Until they screwed him up and brought him into the 616 universe it was a great book. It was Marvels’s Batman Beyond. It doesn’t work unless he is carrying on Spider-man’s legacy, not fighting with him as Sidekick type. It’s like forcing Terry McGunniess Batman to come back to the past and fight alongside Bruce. It makes no sense. Hopefully, the movie will follow the original concept.

I agree. Peter would have to be dead, because most of what made Miles was the fact he wasn't trying to replace Peter, but recognized that New York needs a Spidey. Plus a lot was centered on him standing out by himself and not be shadowed as a copycat Spidey.

If it is Spider Verse, I'm interested. Plenty of awesome alternate Spider-Men/Women

I liked the trailer more than I would've expected. I haven't followed Spidey in ages so I won't pretend to be an expert. I do think this forecasts big things for Marvel Animation and features.

A friend and I were talking about how WB half-assed the JLA features and wouldn't it be amazing if Bruce Timm were given the reigns over a larger scale project, live action or animation. WB has people who actually know how to craft a superhero story. Instead we keep getting Zack the Hack.

Look at Pixar. They put in the effort. What does WB do to answer them? Lego Movies.

If WB made a feature quality CG film where they spent real money and did a JLA story right it would be epic. Instead they do direct to video and occasionally dress one up for a brief theatrical run. Not the same.

I love - LOVE - The Dini/Timm-verse. Imagine the potential if they were to work on a $150 million dollar feature. What if they adapted Kingdom Come and went high-end with everything?

And here's Marvel. Say whatever you will about the Spiderverse but Marvel is spending real money and testing the waters for feature animation. That animation has a few rough edges but the final product is a year out.

I'm rambling.

It looks good, and it appears like Marvel is making a run for conquering the animation market over DC. They crushed DC in movies, crushed them in TV (ARROW and Flash are now just CW dramas with superhero paint on them) and this is the last competition between them and their rival.

I wonder how much control Sony has over this considering the recent Spidey deal. I’m sure if it does well, we might see Disney animation and maybe PIXAR working on a potential Marvel animation movie.

This looks awesome , would have liked ultimate spidey. But this looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a big Miles fan, but I thought the trailer looked awesome. I loved seeing Miles in Jordans. :rock

Hoping Nike drops a Spider-Man colorway. :rock :lol

It looks good, and it appears like Marvel is making a run for conquering the animation market over DC. They crushed DC in movies, crushed them in TV (ARROW and Flash are now just CW dramas with superhero paint on them) and this is the last competition between them and their rival.

I wonder how much control Sony has over this considering the recent Spidey deal. I’m sure if it does well, we might see Disney animation and maybe PIXAR working on a potential Marvel animation movie.

Again, that's all relative. Despite mainly being drama, DC still has more of following with TV. Inhumans, hasn't done well at all; AOS has lost their following in S2, and Agent Carter got canceled. Even Supergirl is doing better and that's the least loved series of DC. Don't understand people putting streaming on there, it isn't television. With DC doing a streaming service as well as Disney, comparison can be drawn. As of now, DC still runs the television division over Disney.

For films, that's all relative to which film, certainly plenty of films have done very Well, box office wise, but can t be said by audience approval. Plus, Marvel has a few misses in their film roster, and you are comparing about 15 films to the current 5 of the DCEU. If we compare Nolan Trilogy or GL or Superman Returns, then would it not be fair to include Punishers, Elektra, and Daredevil? Or the F4? Or X-Men?

I'll admit, I'm mainly a DC fanboy, but I think it needs to be compared fairly. DC has just as good animation films and animation television as does Disney.

How did Marvel crush DC in TV?

Regardless of your opinions on The Flash and Arrow, they are still hit TV shows.

Last edited:

From my understanding of the deal this is 100% Sony and was part of the stipulation of letting Marvel have the live action Spider-man in the MCU. If Marvel was to get the live action Peter Parker Spider-Man then Sony would be allowed to make an animated film not starring Peter Parker, hence Miles, and this film is part of Sony's plan to expand their Spider-Man brand beyond Peter. I don't believe Marvel has much creative input in this Spider-Man as they do with the MCU.

Compare Arrow and Daredevil.

Can't.
One is a long running series on broadcast television network.
The other is one season worth of web series on streaming service.

From my understanding of the deal this is 100% Sony and was part of the stipulation of letting Marvel have the live action Spider-man in the MCU. If Marvel was to get the live action Peter Parker Spider-Man then Sony would be allowed to make an animated film not starring Peter Parker, hence Miles, and this film is part of Sony's plan to expand their Spider-Man brand beyond Peter. I don't believe Marvel has much creative input in this Spider-Man as they do with the MCU.

Ahh no wonder this actually looks interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks cool!

I see all the non comic fans are panicking thinking Peter Parker has gone black!! Lol

It’s going to be interesting on people’s reactions to this!

Why in the promos for this does it refer to him as half "Latinx". What does this mean?

DC crushes Marvel on TV not even a debate. Your example of daredevil is silly. Get to 6 seasons of high quality tv then compare Arrow and Daredevil.

BTW iron fist, inhumans and agents of shield are all horrible shows and even the team up is bang on average.

Back