Sons Of Anarchy Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was totally believable for Jax. He nailed Tara after shotting the stalker ATF guy in the head with the body on the floor. Jax has turned to sex after doing something violent several times in the series. Plus, he's totally resigned to the fact he's going to die......he WANTS to die and he wanted to feel some form of "love" or comfort before he does. It wasn't out of place for his character at all.

It was totally believable for Jax. He nailed Tara after shotting the stalker ATF guy in the head with the body on the floor. Jax has turned to sex after doing something violent several times in the series. Plus, he's totally resigned to the fact he's going to die......he WANTS to die and he wanted to feel some form of "love" or comfort before he does. It wasn't out of place for his character at all.

I agree, he's trying to hold on to what's left of his humanity.

Sorry, but I still can't buy getting a hard on after shooting your mother in the head. That scene just felt completely forced to me and it was almost like they had to shoehorn in his naked ass one more time before the show ends. It put a blemish on an otherwise fantastic episode for me.

Sorry, but I still can't buy getting a hard on after shooting your mother in the head. That scene just felt completely forced to me and it was almost like they had to shoehorn in his naked ass one more time before the show ends. It put a blemish on an otherwise fantastic episode for me.

She did tell him to do it and that this is who we are.

Really hope Sutter retires from making TV. Good riddance. I didn't give this season much hope, but every episode has been worse than the last. Just a ridiculous waste of time.

Yeah I agree. This season has been terrible. Worse than Dexter's final season. I loved the first 3-4 seasons. It has been stale after that. This season makes me not want to buy the series on bluray now. Yuck

What was the point of casting Michael Chiklis for such a pointless role?

Because Sutter wanted as many Shield actors in SOA as he could. Goggins talked about it a while back when Venus first showed up, Sutter was talking to both of those guys and Goggins had said they wanted to put distance between their characters in The Shield and Sons. They didn't want recognizable roles. Which is why Venus was the way she was, you couldn't tell it was Goggins at first, I remember that I certainly did a double-take. So, I think Sutter was really trying to find a way to fit Chiklis in, without drawing attention to him, they just didn't want to make it look like stunt casting.

Obviously, Venus became a much bigger deal than (s)he was originally supposed to, but I think Chiklis' role was not supposed to be a big deal in the first place.

I honestly wanted jemma to be the last one standing with Jax his boys and pretty much everyone dead in the club, so she would have to live with the horror of what she set in motion

I honestly wanted jemma to be the last one standing with Jax his boys and pretty much everyone dead in the club, so she would have to live with the horror of what she set in motion

I for one didn't. She didn't deserve to live. She's a sociopath and wouldn't had felt any guilt. She had JT killed and anyone that got in her way.

Because Sutter wanted as many Shield actors in SOA as he could. Goggins talked about it a while back when Venus first showed up, Sutter was talking to both of those guys and Goggins had said they wanted to put distance between their characters in The Shield and Sons. They didn't want recognizable roles. Which is why Venus was the way she was, you couldn't tell it was Goggins at first, I remember that I certainly did a double-take. So, I think Sutter was really trying to find a way to fit Chiklis in, without drawing attention to him, they just didn't want to make it look like stunt casting.

Obviously, Venus became a much bigger deal than (s)he was originally supposed to, but I think Chiklis' role was not supposed to be a big deal in the first place.

Gotcha. thanks for that. For some reason, I thought it was going to be a bigger role for the finale. I forgot about all the crazy cameo's this show has had over the years.

Really hope Sutter retires from making TV. Good riddance. I didn't give this season much hope, but every episode has been worse than the last. Just a ridiculous waste of time.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. Really insightful. :rolleyes:

Gotcha. thanks for that. For some reason, I thought it was going to be a bigger role for the finale. I forgot about all the crazy cameo's this show has had over the years.

Yeah, almost all the major actors from The Shield have guested in SOA, except for Dani (Catherine Dent) and Julian, but the actor is in prison for killing his wife :horror .

I for one didn't. She didn't deserve to live. She's a sociopath and wouldn't had felt any guilt. She had JT killed and anyone that got in her way.

Agreed, but she got off easy imo

I wanted her death to be bigger if you will

Yup, even Charisma Carpenter made a cameo as the receptionist at the old folks home. Good ol' Cordelia Chase from Buffy and Angel. Still looks good.

Now we're down to one more episode. Kind of nice to see it all wrap up, but sucks in a way. One less show for me to follow, and I don't follow many.

Agreed, but she got off easy imo

I wanted her death to be bigger if you will

I don't think she did... I think she suffered with the ghost of Tara. The fact she knew she was the reason for all the deaths. Any person who couldn't see that it didn't bother her is ignorant of that. Why else do you think she was talking to Tara. She had major guilt. I think she was suffering a lot and living in fear in the last months of her life. It's not interpretation really, it's the facts they laid out. She was an internal wreck as much as she was an external one. The fact she died by the hands of her own son, and knew it was coming, is pretty harsh. I mean your own child of all people, to take your life ... the way he did. I don't think she got off easy at all.

If you want to know who dies in the finale, it's online

Some post SOA booked was shipped early and lists the casualties

Back