Sons Of Anarchy Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't surprised with how it ended. Toward the end of this last season I started to think that the way it ended might happen. I get why Sutter did it--full circle and all that--but it still kinda left me flat. I liked the first few seasons and then certain episodes here and there. I don't think it ever became a bad show necessarily--there's definitely worse stuff on TV. The violence and body count escalated with each season and the last couple years it started getting a little ridiculous. It did get to the point where I didn't care if too many of the characters made it til the end. Chibs and Bobby were the only guys that I wanted to see survive so I almost got what I wanted.

No need to "do my worst". You didn't like the show.......ok. I loved it for 5 seasons and then thought it lost steam , but stil enjoyed it and thought the ending was fitting.

Agreed, not on the got or sopranos level by any stretch but I still enjoyed the show and the characters

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.

Snapshot 1 (14-12-2014 10-58 AM).jpg

Jax couldn't even make suicide a selfless act...he had to go and ruin Milo's life as well. **** ending to a show I enjoyed for the most part.

I like how Sutter lost touch with the audience. He thought the final scene would be an emotional moment for viewers, but unfortunately the moment Jax killed Unser he became the official "villain" of the series and lost all of the gravity of any of Jax's further actions and even his death.

Jax flat out admitted he wasn't a good man. He said "I'm a criminal and a killer". He wasn't trying to be a hero anymore and accepted who and what he was, which in turn the audience is supposed to "get" as well. Let's not turn Unser into an innocent either. He was a crooked cop who did pleanty of favors for criminals for money. He helped cover up crimes tossing his oath in the mud along the way.

There were no heros or "good guys" on this show. Not even law enforcement was good.....Unser, Stahl, the stalker ATF agent, the psycho brother of the murdered nurse and so on. The closest people to good were Hale ( run over in season 3 ) and Tara and even they did questionable stuff. Oh, Even Lincoln Potter was an odd ball dude LOL.

Hamlet at least maintained some semblance of nobility.

Occasionally Charlie Hunnam had those glasses on and it's easy to see what Sutter was really doing is writing Jax as some fictionalized version of himself.

Anyone needs or is looking for sons of anarchy season 5 on blu ray I got one for father's day but i didnt notice i already had one I opened it so I can't return it only asking for $25 delivered anywhere

I thought the ending was quite apt. It was only going to end one way after some of the things Jax did, especially in the last couple of seasons.

I thought the ending was quite apt. It was only going to end one way after some of the things Jax did, especially in the last couple of seasons.

Indeed it was appropriate and maybe the death of his mother compelled him to do so, but I found it hard to believe he would love his children fatherless

Back