SON OF A *****! HT ED-209 falling apart!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch!

Horrible to read this thread and go check your ED209 feverishly and discover that the worst has heppened.

I created a thread for those who want a replacement dome.

HT ED-209 replacement dome project
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983

Post there to show your interest for a replacement dome and if you offer your services to make one.
Thanks.

I think it would be cool too to alert Hot Toys in a public way.
Facebook? Pettition page?
I think it's worth the try and its not time/money consuming to put that up.
What do you think?

Ouch!

Horrible to read this thread and go check your ED209 feverishly and discover that the worst has heppened.

I created a thread for those who want a replacement dome.

HT ED-209 replacement dome project
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983

Post there to show your interest for a replacement dome and if you offer your services to make one.
Thanks.

I think it would be cool too to alert Hot Toys in a public way.
Facebook? Pettition page?
I think it's worth the try and its not time/money consuming to put that up.
What do you think?

Don't waste your time. It took them MONTHS to recognize that their DX02 was having issues and they're making customers jump through flaming hoops to get a replacement that still has issues. And he's still relatively new. Something as old as ED-209 will have little, to no impact.

Good luck. I sent them numerous e-mails about it 3 years ago and they never responded.

How much do you think a damaged dome ED209 (normal version) in box is worth?
Thanks

Last edited:
Depends, I wouldn't even want it, but if someone is capable of replacing it they may still pay a decent price for it. Certainly nowhere near what a non damaged one would go for though.

Depends, I wouldn't even want it, but if someone is capable of replacing it they may still pay a decent price for it. Certainly nowhere near what a non damaged one would go for though.

Not so sure bud. If someone produced a quality fix that looked on par, or even better than the rubber screen, it might actually fetch more. Especially if the buyers are aware of this problem.

Let's not forget the replacement don't exist yet.
And the guy offering it to me has no intention of fixing it.
So how much?
Knowng that a battle damaged one here went at 120usd shipped.
I just need an estimation.

Back