Some news from Celebration VI. (SSC Hoth Luke & Han.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Pardon me while I take my mediocrity and slip out of here....
You're not liking something is one thing...but having to.insult people who happen to disagree with you and your "high standards" ...well...

So much for civil discourse.....

Yeah, I just figure people who say crap like that are just overcompensating for some other "shortcomings" in their life.

Gentlemen take a hard look at something and the picture will become clear. :wink1:

You're kidding, right?
Sideshow's Fett is truly one of thier best 1:6 scale efforts...I've enjoyed taking pics and posing that figure...I'm extremely pleased with him.

Sideshow knows many of us 1:6 scale collectors who have been with them a while have been waiting patiently for a visit to Hoth...they do a great job with uniform/gear-oriented characters and I'm sure the Hoth versions of Luke & Han will be worth the wait...

I agree with you Jedi Bear. I LOVE my Fett. I wish I didnt' have to mod teh vest, but that one annoyance aside, I think he looks really tight. Here is hopes for the hothies.....

Ah...
Point taken, sir...thank you.

Now, back to the topic at hand...any word on some first images of these two?

I recall seeing a WIP shot of a Tauntaun quite a while back...wonder if that will be ready for a reveal around the same time as Luke an Han in thier Hoth gear?

Hope so...

SS 1/6 Fett IMO is a great figure as is all the clones. I have high hopes for Hoth Luke and Han. I think they will nail their uniforms, gear etc... Let's see how they do with the human likeness. I think the Cody's likeness was done real well. They did a fantastic job with Luke's face with the new Vader vs Luke on Bespin Diorama as well.

Very much looking forward to these. Although I'm disappointed it won't be by HT, SS sculpts have improved since the last Luke and Han they did. I think the biggest challenge will actually be the clothes. Both outfits have a lot of different textures and materials, so that'll be interesting to see. Let's just say at this point I'm cautiously optimistic. I can't wait to see how Han's coat turns out, that alone will probably be a good 500 posts worth of debate.

this is awesome news.looking forward to the scared luke sculpt.tauntaun is around the corner you know it.

Very much looking forward to these. Although I'm disappointed it won't be by HT, SS sculpts have improved since the last Luke and Han they did. I think the biggest challenge will actually be the clothes. Both outfits have a lot of different textures and materials, so that'll be interesting to see. Let's just say at this point I'm cautiously optimistic. I can't wait to see how Han's coat turns out, that alone will probably be a good 500 posts worth of debate.

Hoth is also about layers of fabric, which can be tough to nail in 1/6.

Interested to see how they do removable hoods without making them too huge and thick - or the heads too small. Hasbro did a decent job, but these will have to be a whole other level to justify the price.

Ah...
Point taken, sir...thank you.

Now, back to the topic at hand...any word on some first images of these two?

I recall seeing a WIP shot of a Tauntaun quite a while back...wonder if that will be ready for a reveal around the same time as Luke an Han in thier Hoth gear?

Hope so...

If not, that would be a marketing fumble for SSC, imo. In fact, it's a shame they couldn't have timed the reveal of the Snowtroopers and ewebb cannon to coincide with the reveal of Hoth Han, Luke, Tauntauns, and Hoth probe droid, all in a huge Hoth dio at SDCC... oh well...

Kinda glad all that stuff wasn't revealed together, to be honest, as it implies that there'll be a break between the release of the Snowtroopers/e.web, Hoth Han/Luke and then the tauntauns and/or probot. Altogether, that's a lot of dough, so glad it looks like there'll be substantial gaps between releases, though I agree thematically it would've been nice to see everything together.

I wonder if part of it isn't also costs on Sideshow's side. Like making sure pre-orders for the Snowie and e.web hit their expectations before they commit fully to Hoth Han/Luke and then move on to other Hoth stuff. I imagine it could be quite a risk to invest heavily in Hoth and then have it underperform.

No one has asked this so here I go.
Do you think they'll do a 2-pack like they did
with the Han & Luke Stormtrooper pack?
That would be cool!

This is only conjecture, but I think releasing them as a two-pack would put pressure on Sideshow to skimp on the materials or tailoring in order to keep the overall price down, as I can see these guys going for $200.00 each by the time they're released and a $400.00 set would cause a lot of people to balk. Pretty sure that Sideshow's profit margin will be bigger if Luke and Han are sold individually, basically.

Also, there must be some collectors who only want one or the other, even if they can afford both, so Sideshow would be annoying them, too (I suppose people could make side deals to split packs and stuff, but it's a nuisance).

...but a "2-pack" could make an interesting "site-only" (or con) exclusive..just add some interesting exclusive (or stand) and collectors could have it both ways...

Since when? Collectors on this board and boards in general will rip something apart no matter this kind of instance. SS has for the last year or so stepped up their game even more so and making some damn good sculpts/paints.

Sure, people tear things apart on here - I certainly get that. But my point is even intelligent people are going to have a hard time trying to justify how well or accurate a Clone Wars character looks when designed in a realistic format. That's like saying a Star Wars Lego figure doesn't have a good likeness - it's not supposed. :cuckoo:

I wonder if part of it isn't also costs on Sideshow's side. Like making sure pre-orders for the Snowie and e.web hit their expectations before they commit fully to Hoth Han/Luke and then move on to other Hoth stuff. I imagine it could be quite a risk to invest heavily in Hoth and then have it underperform.

I don't think Snowtrooper sales are relevent when compared to Hoth Luke and Han. There are plenty of collectors that don't bother with army-builder types. Plus, given that Luke and Han will sell well on their own merits, makes me think these two are fine.

Sure, people tear things apart on here - I certainly get that. But my point is even intelligent people are going to have a hard time trying to justify how well or accurate a Clone Wars character looks when designed in a realistic format. That's like saying a Star Wars Lego figure doesn't have a good likeness - it's not supposed. :cuckoo:

They look like good "real" human sculpts to me. They all are pretty spot on to the actor who played Jango in AOTC.

Back