Some news from Celebration VI. (SSC Hoth Luke & Han.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that's true, I don't collect Joe so I forget about that. Of course, those aren't based on actual actors so the likenesses aren't scrutinized the same way.

Clone Wars Anakin
Captian rex
Commander Cody
Boil and waxer

Those work as human sculpts?

Yes, even though the last 3 are technically the same sculpt save the hair cut.

It's ok just return him and upgrade to the ROTJ medi.

:lecture

Oh, brother... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I, for one, am really happy with the announcement of Hoth Han and Luke (especially in light of the fact that HTs price increases mean that selling a kidney will be necessary in order to buy their next Star Wars figure)! The only thing that gives me pause are the recent Ep I Obi Wan reveals - from the few pics so far, that likeness is looking a little dicey. Hope they NAIL the Luke and Han likenesses this time! Hoth is awesome and has been sorely unrepresented in the 1/6 SW line until this year, so the more love Hoth is given, the better! :yess:

Clone Wars Anakin
Captian rex
Commander Cody
Boil and waxer

Those work as human sculpts?

The only one there that really works is Cody, since he was in a live-action movie. Otherwise, Rex, Annie, Boil, and Waxer were all CG tv show characters made in a realistic look. They wouldn't be scutinized the same way.

Yeah, agreed. The only relevant example we have is Padawan Obi and from what I've seen so far, it appears well below HT standards of likeness/realism.

The only one there that really works is Cody, since he was in a live-action movie. Otherwise, Rex, Annie, Boil, and Waxer were all CG tv show characters made in a realistic look. They wouldn't be scutinized the same way.

Since when? Collectors on this board and boards in general will rip something apart no matter this kind of instance. SS has for the last year or so stepped up their game even more so and making some damn good sculpts/paints.

Well, the real test will be the new Harrison Ford sculpt... even HT stumbled on that one.

I can't wait to see what SS gives us. And pray the paint doesn't bury a beautiful sculpt once again.

Of course, we could be waiting years for this announcement like with Grievous.

Well, the real test will be the new Harrison Ford sculpt... even HT stumbled on that one.

I can't wait to see what SS gives us. And pray the paint doesn't bury a beautiful sculpt once again.

Of course, we could be waiting years for this announcement like with Grievous.

I'm not too worried about the sculpt. Trevor will do a knock out one... just worried about the ****ty paint apps.

Since Sideshow prices are increasing just as well as Hot Toys, I really do hope they get their **** together when it comes to paint apps and production pieces.

Hope is low after the letdown that was Boba Fett that it will even turn out well. But who knows, maybe SSC will get it together in the proto to final product dept.

You're kidding, right?
Sideshow's Fett is truly one of thier best 1:6 scale efforts...I've enjoyed taking pics and posing that figure...I'm extremely pleased with him.

Sideshow knows many of us 1:6 scale collectors who have been with them a while have been waiting patiently for a visit to Hoth...they do a great job with uniform/gear-oriented characters and I'm sure the Hoth versions of Luke & Han will be worth the wait...

You're kidding, right?
Sideshow's Fett is truly one of thier best 1:6 scale efforts...I've enjoyed taking pics and posing that figure...I'm extremely pleased with him.

Sideshow knows many of us 1:6 scale collectors who have been with them a while have been waiting patiently for a visit to Hoth...they do a great job with uniform/gear-oriented characters and I'm sure the Hoth versions of Luke & Han will be worth the wait...

Not kidding at all. Some of you seem impressed with mediocrity. Look at the proto pics at SDCC and the final product. If you're happy with that i can't help ya!

LOL@ SS's best effort! Sadly, i believe that part! If you want to keep bending over for SS and letting them pound you have at it! (I've waited too long for them to get their shyyt together...And i still hope they do!)

I'm anxious to see them but only interested in them if Taun-Tauns are also made available.

Wow. Pardon me while I take my mediocrity and slip out of here....
You're not liking something is one thing...but having to.insult people who happen to disagree with you and your "high standards" ...well...

So much for civil discourse.....

Wow. Pardon me while I take my mediocrity and slip out of here....
You're not liking something is one thing...but having to.insult people who happen to disagree with you and your "high standards" ...well...

So much for civil discourse.....

Yeah, I just figure people who say crap like that are just overcompensating for some other "shortcomings" in their life.

This is good news (everybody)

I already have my Taun-Taun all set to go so I am good to go! :)

Back