Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

And I'm arguing that the long term success of Star Wars depends on her failure as president of Lucasfilm. She can be replaced. You know that, right?

To be honest I don't care who the President of Lucasfilm, Disney, or any other film studio is as long as the Studio keeps releasing films that I loved as much as R1, TFA, and especially TLJ...guess I generally love Star Wars too much to ever prioritize the failure of some show biz person who I do not know and have never met over the success of an entertainment entity that I grew up loving with my parents and that I share and enjoy with my own children to this day...the names that scroll by on the closing credits really do not matter to me...

Since Disney is touting the huge pre ticket sales for Solo, I decided to look at my local theater online. There are Plenty of seats still available all 5 days. Thursday evening through Monday (Memorial Day).... Also checked the local AMC IMAX (2D & 3D) & Dolby Vision theater as well, which is only 10 miles away.. Less seats, but still some good ones to choose from.

More smoke & mirrors? :dunno

I'm still gonna wait till after I hear from honest reviewers or some other Star Wars fans I know... I still don't have any excitement for the need to see it opening night/weekend. :(

But if it was real why should that have any impact if you’re seeing it or not?

Real or fake what does it matter?

Peer pressure what?

SW movie, check!

Set in the OT era, check!

Yup i’m there first show that simple regardless what marketing shenanigans the studio is up to because marketing shenanigans is THEIR JOB!

Is it really worth getting all stressed out over SW we’re talking about a $20 movie ticket at most that’s 2 visits to a Dunkin Donuts or a lemon pound cake slice at Starbucks in midtown Manhattan lol

I mean really people are giving themselves high blood pressure over a $20 movie ticket because of what, Kennedy! :slap

Last edited:

The true fans are waiting on confirmed weener vs. clam numbers.

It’s the only way to be safe.

Since Disney is touting the huge pre ticket sales for Solo, I decided to look at my local theater online. There are Plenty of seats still available all 5 days. Thursday evening through Monday (Memorial Day).... Also checked the local AMC IMAX (2D & 3D) & Dolby Vision theater as well, which is only 10 miles away.. Less seats, but still some good ones to choose from.

More smoke & mirrors? :dunno

I'm still gonna wait till after I hear from honest reviewers or some other Star Wars fans I know... I still don't have any excitement for the need to see it opening night/weekend. :(

Wow...some empty seats at your local theater still...sounds like Disney is about to declare bankruptcy...things will get even worse from them once they are exposed for having lied about the movie's ticket sales....I can see the headline now "Local Fan Exposes Disney as Having Commited Financial Fraud by Checking how many seats were still available at his local Theater!" When all is said and done and the dust settles this post might end up getting you a Pulitzer!

Wow...some empty seats at your local theater still...sounds like Disney is about to declare bankruptcy...things will get even worse from them once they are exposed for having lied about the movie's ticket sales....I can see the headline now "Local Fan Exposes Disney as Having Commited Financial Fraud by Checking how many seats were still available at his local Theater!" When all is said and done and the dust settles this post might end up getting you a Pulitzer!

I think you should relax. He's just stating his surprise with there being so many seats available. You're acting as if he personally insulted you.

Some of you guys have drank a little too much of the disney kool-aid.

I think you should relax. He's just stating his surprise with there being so many seats available. You're acting as if he personally insulted you.

I think you should relax because he is probably a big boy and can take care of himself...but your chivalry has been noted.

Just from the trailers they've already made a mistake.

Han Solo was a loner by and large (Chewbacca excepted, of course), self-reliant, cocksure and had no qualms starting a brawl. Now he's an intergalactic boyband member... he's got a robot, the token black, and Woody - all we need is Buzz Lightyear. And "girl-power girl" is standing next to him in the screen shots looking like she has twice the balls staring you down as he sits there slouched looking far more like some 5-seconds-of-summer wanna-be than the confident, cocky smuggler that he would have been at that age. Younger means even cockier - if you thought he was sure of himself in the original trilogy, the young version should be twice the flyboy!

Instead he's signing up to be an imperial pilot, looking for approval from Daddy Darth and the Empire? I don't think so.

Toy Story Woody would be better to have in charge than Cheers Woody, at least he'd say "Reach for the sky." Nothing against Harrelson, his acting is okay, but judging from the trailers the main character is the weakest one of the bunch.

If this turns out to be true, it should be rated MEH.

"I think you should relax"..... he says that quite a bit....

"You're acting as if he personally insulted you" he says...

and then follows it up with a personal insult. :lol

Or maybe he's just faux-over-reacting to the faux-conspiracy?

srs.jpg

Han Solo was a loner by and large (Chewbacca excepted, of course), self-reliant, cocksure and had no qualms starting a brawl. Now he's an intergalactic boyband member... he's got a robot, the token black, and Woody - all we need is Buzz Lightyear. And "girl-power girl" is standing next to him in the screen shots looking like she has twice the balls staring you down as he sits there slouched looking far more like some 5-seconds-of-summer wanna-be than the confident, cocky smuggler that he would have been at that age. Younger means even cockier - if you thought he was sure of himself in the original trilogy, the young version should be twice the flyboy!

Instead he's signing up to be an imperial pilot, looking for approval from Daddy Darth and the Empire? I don't think so.

Toy Story Woody would be better to have in charge than Cheers Woody, at least he'd say "Reach for the sky." Nothing against Harrelson, his acting is okay, but judging from the trailers the main character is the weakest one of the bunch.

Wow! Lando is a beloved member of the original trilogy cast of characters who plays a pivotal role in Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ...actually personally destroying the second Death Star...you think of him as the token "black???"and who refers to a person as being a "black" anyway...get a clue...:slap

Hahaha. You either got it or you don't. Alden's Solo is the Dollar Store brand. It's gonna be cringy fo sho.

Back