Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

But if it was real why should that have any impact if you’re seeing it or not?

Real or fake what does it matter?

Peer pressure what?

SW movie, check!

Set in the OT era, check!

Yup i’m there first show that simple regardless what marketing shenanigans the studio is up to because marketing shenanigans is THEIR JOB!

Is it really worth getting all stressed out over SW we’re talking about a $20 movie ticket at most that’s 2 visits to a Dunkin Donuts or a lemon pound cake slice at Starbucks in midtown Manhattan lol

I mean really people are giving themselves high blood pressure over a $20 movie ticket because of what, Kennedy! :slap

The only reason I have any interest in Solo is because it's set in the OT & I loved RO. But I've lost faith in Disney after TLJ. The excitement for me has faded. :( And no matter how awesome Solo may be, it will not give me any renewed interest in EP9.

Even if it is as good as RO, I don't feel the NEED or WANT to be their opening weekend. Money has nothing to do with it. I have will power and patience. I NEEDED/WANTED to see IW and was there. After 40 years, I sadly don't feel that way about Star Wars anymore...:( I liked TFA & loved RO.

Wow...some empty seats at your local theater still...sounds like Disney is about to declare bankruptcy...things will get even worse from them once they are exposed for having lied about the movie's ticket sales....I can see the headline now "Local Fan Exposes Disney as Having Commited Financial Fraud by Checking how many seats were still available at his local Theater!" When all is said and done and the dust settles this post might end up getting you a Pulitzer!

Boy, I take it as if your the one insulted. I merely made an observation. I waited to buy IW tickets to get the ok from the wifey about when it was ok/a good time to take my son due to his activities & scheduling. And whether or not I'd be in the dog house if I took him Thursday opening night since it was a school night. After a couple days waiting on her almost every good seat was gone at MULTIPLE theaters and multiple showings (IMAX 2D & 3D, Dolby Vision, & regular) for opening weekend.

Disney is the one reporting to the media how it's one of the top movie pre-sales for tickets, even stressing how it's outselling the great Black Panther (which I didn't see for 3 weeks after release due to lack of interest). So I was SURPRISED after checking the 2 theaters I frequent the most (including many many showings), as myself & my son are still unsure if we need to be there opening weekend (he also was let down by TLJ at 12), that there were plenty of pretty good seats still available. Not one showing any where near being sold out. I was surprised. So, no worry on my part getting decent seats/tickets if we do decide to see it.

Wasn't trying to insult anyone's enthusiasm for the movie. Go enjoy it. But Disney is full of BS and too many people buy into their hype train. Early reviews from the media, employees, and kiss asses means nothing to me. Of course Billy Dee, Harrision, Rian Johnson and all the other crew all loved it. Ford could care less, the rest have to be "excited". They don't want to be the next Mark Hamill... And Johnson would eat Kennedy's **** if ordered too.

I think you should relax. He's just stating his surprise with there being so many seats available. You're acting as if he personally insulted you.

Some of you guys have drank a little too much of the disney kool-aid.

:exactly:

Since Disney is touting the huge pre ticket sales for Solo, I decided to look at my local theater online. There are Plenty of seats still available all 5 days. Thursday evening through Monday (Memorial Day).... Also checked the local AMC IMAX (2D & 3D) & Dolby Vision theater as well, which is only 10 miles away.. Less seats, but still some good ones to choose from.

More smoke & mirrors? :dunno

I'm still gonna wait till after I hear from honest reviewers or some other Star Wars fans I know... I still don't have any excitement for the need to see it opening night/weekend. :(

You ever think that it may just be your theater? :lol :dunno

You ever think that it may just be your theater? :lol :dunno

I don't live in the backwoods or redneck towns. I'm in Monmouth County NJ. I checked 3 AMC's all within 20 min driving distance. And a local Cinemark & a Starplex (owned by AMC). All showings through out the day from Thursday night through Monday Memorial Day. Almost every showing still had pretty good seats. IE not the neck breaker seats (first row, extreme sides). Like I just said in my previous post, IW was near impossible to get good seats for after only a few days. SO AGAIN, I was surprised after reading so much of how well seats are selling...

I think you should relax because he is probably a big boy and can take care of himself...but your chivalry has been noted.

What was your original post intended as other than making yourself seem like an ass? :dunno

"I think you should relax"..... he says that quite a bit....

"You're acting as if he personally insulted you" he says...

and then follows it up with a personal insult. :lol

I’m not sure you entirely know the definition of “personal”.

Here is a screen shot for the Jersey Gardens AMC IMAX 3D showing Thursday night preview at 9:15PM.

FYI, This theater, AMC Loews Jersey Gardens NJ, is the #1 AMC theater in NJ. It outsells/makes more money than every other AMC theater in NJ, and has a true scale full size 3d IMAX theater. The one pictured below. I know this as a close friend was in the theater business for nearly 40 years and worked in this theater as a manager for several years up until just recently.

Screenshot (8).jpg

The solid seats are the unavailable ones, small grouping in middle. I just did this minutes ago.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/...48/2018-05-24/amc-loews-jersey-gardens-20/all

I don't know if it's against the rulebook on here to post screen captures of local cinema bookings/seats, because I did months ago in the IW thread and it was deleted almost instantly. :dunno

Infinity War and Episodes are an entirely different animal

Yes, you are correct. But Disney is the one the media is quoting saying Solo is having huge pre sale ticket numbers, even outselling Black Panther, are they not?

I don't know if it's against the rulebook on here to post screen captures of local cinema bookings/seats, because I did months ago in the IW thread and it was deleted almost instantly. :dunno

Is it? Not sure why it would be? Proof is a :nono maybe ??

Whatever, then they can delete it. I posted the link as well if anyone cares to click on it and check for themselves.

If I'm wrong, Han Solo will be the self-reliant maverick he's always been in the new movie. But I'm not holding my breath.

Is it possible that maybe the events in the film are what turn Han into this type pf person?
There are multiple clips/scenes in the trailers were Beckett keeps telling him to be careful who he trusts and considers friends. This makes it seem that there will be some kind of betrayal in the film that leads to him becoming the person we know and love in Star Wars.

Is it possible that maybe the events in the film are what turn Han into this type pf person?
There are multiple clips/scenes in the trailers were Beckett keeps telling him to be careful who he trusts and considers friends. This makes it seem that there will be some kind of betrayal in the film that leads to him becoming the person we know and love in Star Wars.

Winner

Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

Lucas ruined Han yet Kennedy gets the blame and the movie isn’t even out yet lol

giphy.gif

Let’s face is guys, there is a contingent here that thinks Kennedy is to blames for all the things they personally don’t
Like about SW in the modern age.

What’s strange is they continue to visit the forums about the new SW films to constantly complain. Like anyone is listening ....Disney has the profits they want, MANY fans have SW they like...
I would say it’s time to move on to other things if it sucks so bad to you? I mean , these people already hate this film and haven’t even seen it?

Instead of wasting time complaining about it, find another film series/book/hobby you do like. Complaining about a film franchise as a hobby is kinda weird.

Kennedy is here to stay.

Disney isn’t going to change the formula.

This is what SW is now.....

giphy.gif

What would you call John Boyega, if you had to describe him by his ethnicity? Not African-American, right? I’m just curious what the term would be? African-British? [emoji848]

Back