Solo 2 rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like it, haven't liked it since I first saw TFA but I allowed the mere fact of seeing the OT characters again to overrule that feeling initially and as such I enjoyed TFA on first and maybe even second viewing. Boy was that short-lived :lol

But y'know, neither was my outrage long-lived because as someone who also disregards the PT I was already well accustomed to not liking Star Wars movies. So I couldn't help but raise my eyes at the relentless barrage of ST hate videos on youtube, the same people over and over. Y'know, ''more terrible and inferior Star Wars movies''

43kmxs.jpg

Yep I love the original trilogy and at the end of the day they are just movies. I watch the stuff I like a lot and cherry pick through the lesser entries in every series of movies or shows. Nothing takes away the original and nothing rapes the old ones either. Disregard what you don't like. I love seeing the back and forth though because some people make some good points.

I guess my approach is different than most here. When it comes to the OT heroes in the ST (mainly the big 3), what matters to me is: 1.) Did they receive compelling storylines, and 2.) Were their deaths/conclusions consistent with being heroic?

Did the OT characters get compelling storylines? I think Han and Luke did, and Leia was set up to have a compelling story in Ep9 had Carrie been alive to play her. And as far as their deaths: Han died trying to save his son and bring him home, Luke died to save his sister (and the Resistance in total), and Leia died to save Rey and try to get through to her son. I can understand wanting better for the big 3 OT characters, but I think using the term "disrespect" to describe how they were treated is a bit hyperbolic. Nothing undid their heroism (in principle) from the OT.

If SW had started chronologically (Episodes 1-3), the original heroes would've been Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Mace. If those movies were then followed by the sequels of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ, would people be saying that Obi-Wan and Yoda got shafted or disrespected? Maybe, I suppose. But to me, those characters served their purpose, had honorable/constructive deaths, and gave way to the next generation of heroes. With the big three in the OT, was their portrayal in the next generation of movies all that different? Granted, I can see a strong argument for either answer to that question.

But my problem with how the ST ended up is that it copied so much of the OT plot that it ended up making Vader's actions at the end of ROTJ almost meaningless. So, I guess I'm okay with how they treated Han, Luke, and Leia; but I'll always be pissed at how they reframed the legacy of Anakin/Vader. That, and turning Palpatine into a moron. :lol

Well said, punisher1974 and ajp4. ajp4, I understand your issue with Palps and see how it can affect the previous films. Re-introducing Palps was the easy thing to do after RJ killed Snoke. I wish JJ and Terrio would have pushed a little harder to jump off of Snoke’s death and figure out what Kylo would have done next (I mean, do we really think if Snoke had survived TLJ, TROS would have had a throne room fight with Kylo and Rey in front of Snoke? Or can we really believe that JJ would have introduced Palps again even if Snoke lived, and what, Kylo and Rey would have fought in front of the 2?).

I consider myself a big fan of SW, although maybe not "hard core", since I don't read the novels. I've read a few (a couple of the Solo Scoundrel novels, Plagueous, Obi Wan, and a few of the newer ones) but that probably amounts to just a very small percent of what's out there.

I saw SW on the big screen in 77, and all the subsequent movies. I played and collected all the toys up through 83, plus art books, magazines, and anything else I could get my hands on. Nowadays I still read some novels, collect the art books and movie magazines, the soundtracks, and of course the 1/6 figures, as well as some black series figures and other little toys here and there. Needless to say, I put an unhealthy amount of time and money into SW.

I was excited for the special editions when they first came out but was ultimately unimpressed and disappointed with the changes. And I was truly excited about the prequels, but not without some serious reservations, based on my dislike of some of the elements of ROTJ and Last Crusade. I was utterly downright embarrassed about TPM, and eventually the other 2. My friends and I pretty much didn't discuss any of the prequels, I think just trying to avoid the subject.I never got into the Clone Wars TV show, although I recently binged most of it with Disney+ based on all the praise it seems to get, and I still can't tell you which Clone is who (Rex? Fives? Wolf? I don't know). I did end up liking Ahsoka though. But overall, it was "eh".

All that said, I didn't have a problem with their existence. I didn't (and don't) actively despise them or disparage them at every turn. They were just things that I didn't enjoy so I just let them be.

Now, with the sequels, I have honestly, truly been enjoying the heck out of them. I thought TFA was exciting and energetic. I really liked the new characters and how they all interacted with each other. I was actually a little surprised at how much I really enjoyed the first one. I was very impressed and hopeful. Han is my favorite OT character and has been since day one. I had no problem with how he was portrayed in TFA. I thought he was great, well written and a great performance from Ford. And it was a touching send-off to his character. Would I have liked it if Han had survived, especially as he’s my favorite character? Of course! But I understand the larger role he played in the narrative so I can accept it.

I thought TLJ was also great. I was truly blown away with how things played out, and I absolutely feel like the whole 3rd act is among the best scenes not just in SW, but in cinema. I was absolutely enthralled with everything. The throne room, Crait, everything. It was pitch perfect for me. At first, I was still giving TFA the edge. I thought the dialogue was a little snappier and I liked the higher energy. But watching TLJ again (and again and again), I have to give the edge to TLJ, feeling like the story and script and dialogue are more intelligent, complex and layered.

Sadly I think TROS fumbled the ball. I still enjoy it for it’s frenetic pace and beautiful visuals, but storytelling-wise, it’s a bit all over the place. I don’t even mean the Palpatine stuff specifically. I just mean that many elements could have worked better if they took the time to explain it properly and give characters proper motivations and arcs.

RO is really the only one I haven’t liked. I initially did like RO when I first saw it in the theater, but can’t really get through it since that first viewing without falling asleep. And believe me, I have tried several times. I just find I can’t get engaged with any of the characters or how the story unfolds. I do like the battle over Scariff but that’s about it. Not the ground battle though. And I’m pretty “meh” about the Vader scene. I find that if I don’t really care about the characters, I don’t care what happens to them. But again, I’m not constantly hating on the movie, trying to enlighten anyone who will listen to me as to why I find RO so disengaging and dull. I simply let it be. RO is actually the only SW movie I don’t own—and I even have the prequels!

Now back on topic, I loved Solo. As I said before, Han is my favorite character and always has been. So I loved being able to revisit him and see what he has gone through, and what challenges he had to face, and resolve them in his own “Han” way. Loved it. And I loved the characters it introduced. I don’t mind the few little issues I had with it (that I discussed earlier in the thread), as I don’t think they take away from the rest of the movie. I think Han is an interesting character and in the OT hinted that he had lived a complicated life, and I would love to find out more. So yeah, I would love to see a Solo sequel or series with Ehrenreich.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to present a perspective from someone who grew up with the OT and actually does like all (well, almost all) the Disney SW movies.

Surely you are joking. The agenda is clear from Disney.

Most powerful Jedi ever? They tried to make it be Rey. Kill off all male force users? Check. Take Finn, who was teased as a Jedi, and ensure he won?t be? Check. The force is literally and only female right now.

New promotional art for the High Republic? All women.

12 episodes of the Clone Wars left? 1/3rd were dedicated to showing off two strong independent women for the sake of it. Had absolutely nothing to do with the overall arc of the show.

Every single Star Wars movie from Disney must have a brunette lead, no exceptions :lecture

Some rumors say KK tried to make Baby Yoda a girl too.

What was that stat about the new Star Wars commercials, like 80% or more of them only feature girls as the commercial lead?

It?s a shame that Disney had to turn Star Wars, a franchise that already featured strong beloved women characters like Ahsoka, Leia, Padme, Mara, Jaina, Satele, Daala, Asajj.... who stood on their own as badasses, and shove their agenda down the franchise throat, with the intention being not for a good story, but to push their agenda.

Shame that KK doesn?t realize that just as over saturation of male leads is bad, the same can be said about over saturation of female leads too.

It?s to the point where every single thing a white male has done in Star Wars, was deemed utterly pointless by a white brunette female. Everything.

They publish **** that says Luke blowing up the death star wasn?t important and Jyn did ?everything that mattered? Disney approved it, wasn?t just random author.

They ALWAYS make sure the female brunette ?owns? the white guys in every movie. Rey, Jyn, Qi?ra all win in the end.

You think all of this is just a coincidence?

You need a break from the internet.....your post just get crazier and crazier ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a break from the internet.....your post just get crazier and crazier ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dispute one thing that isn’t true there. Just one.

I also hope you weren’t the user claiming how big of a hoax covid was either, otherwise this is real ironic.

Dispute one thing that isn’t true there. Just one.

I also hope you weren’t the user claiming how big of a hoax covid was either, otherwise this is real ironic.

You state baby yoda is "rumored" to be a girl. Prove this "rumor".

Really the burden of proof is on you to prove. Not on us to disprove.

You state baby yoda is "rumored" to be a girl. Prove this "rumor".

Really the burden of proof is on you to prove. Not on us to disprove.

I’ve already posted the Feminized Luke and Luke bashing book, I assume you have eyes to see every Disney movie has a brunette lead that wins in the end, I assume you’ve seen the very clear message KK has sent out with Force is Female.

What do you expect, a signed letter from KK herself :lol

The Baby Yoda girl rumor is posted in a video a few pages back in The Mando thread, it was also rumored/teased by Taika Waititi and would fit perfectly in with KKs brand of Star Wars.

Pretty sure The Child was referred to as a him in an episode anyways, so a completely moot point posted by me to begin with.

Your point about them killing off all male Force users is false.

The boy at the end of TLJ used the Force to grab a broom.

Your point about them killing off all male Force users is false.

The boy at the end of TLJ used the Force to grab a broom.

Ah, broom boy, a three second blip, true.

Change that to anyone trained then. Dark or light. All gone. All so Mary Rey Sue could be the only savior of the galaxy and Jedi Order.

I’ve already posted the Feminized Luke and Luke bashing book, I assume you have eyes to see every Disney movie has a brunette lead that wins in the end, I assume you’ve seen the very clear message KK has sent out with Force is Female.

What do you expect, a signed letter from KK herself :lol

The Baby Yoda girl rumor is posted in a video a few pages back in The Mando thread, it was also rumored/teased by Taika Waititi and would fit perfectly in with KKs brand of Star Wars.

Pretty sure The Child was referred to as a him in an episode anyways, so a completely moot point posted by me to begin with.

So you added 2 + 2 and came up with 22. Good job. :lol

So you added 2 + 2 and came up with 22. Good job. :lol

KK: ?It?s a conversation we?ve had really going back to what George Lucas did with Princess Leia,? Kennedy said. ?And we carried on in that tradition, and I think we?ve created some really strong females with characters like Rey in ?The Force Awakens? and Jyn in ?Rogue One.? [We?re] having strong, empowered females in these stories, and really allowing them to become heroes, which seems to be, oddly, a new concept, but fantastic? that seems to be getting some traction, so that?s what we?re trying to do?

Which, is a laughable quote. ?New concept? :slap:lol:lol

KK: ?There are literally hundreds of people working in areas throughout production, marketing, visual effects and post production, and still, the majority of those jobs are held by men. These are all jobs that women can do, they just need to be given the chance. That means that unions, studios, producers, directors and other women in positions of power and responsibility need to make the effort. So, do, or do not. There is no try. The force is female.?

Which, starts out as a nice message. I?m all for equal working opportunities for most jobs, should be something everyone is for, but at the end, her goal is very clear, be it behind the screen or on screen.

6aw3vw8uep501.jpg

The excuse that she is supporting Nike by wearing this is even more hilarious to me. Clear conscious decision and the quote coupled with the shirt shows her intentions of that being a message on Star Wars.

No. "The force is female" was always a dumb PR thing.

Maybe not so dumb if you are looking to rob the doll/toy market directed at females/girls. Company profits have turned into a spectator sport. U gotta keep making more money. How much Frozen merchandise got sold and it wasn't for little boys.

Seeing some cosplay Reys maybe it worked. A bit. IMO by the end tho with TROS execution problems the only ones happy were the Reylos and even they got PO'd over Rey's Kiss of Death.

So now there's tons of plastic *&^% that didn't sell.

Ah, broom boy, a three second blip, true.

Change that to anyone trained then. Dark or light. All gone. All so Mary Rey Sue could be the only savior of the galaxy and Jedi Order.

The only trained Force user at the end of the OT was male. Do you feel females are justified in complaining about that?

No. "The force is female" was always a dumb PR thing.

It?s more than that, at least the idea behind the message has went far more into Star Wars than just PR. Just check how every movie ends.

The only trained Force user at the end of the OT was male. Do you feel females are justified in complaining about that?

Depends on intent George had. Did he set out to tell a story or did he set out to push men and just men? Never got the sense he was pushing anything in the OT, he was simply telling a story. Leia came off far different than Rey ever did and was set up to be a Jedi going back to Splinters of the Mind?s Eye. Little different than how ST ended. Not to mention Luke is a far better developed character. But sure, I can see some issue with it. At the very least, girls had Leia to look up too. Not to mention, the eventual inclusion of numerous powerful women in the EU, force sensitive or not, two of which become very popular main characters linked to the Skywalker line.

Only thing Disney has shown for future EU content is... you guessed it, more women. So, what am I supposed to believe about Disney Star Wars right now? Their marketing is pushed to girls. Their story telling is pushed for girls to win. Their future content is revolving around girls. I said it before. No women focused on in Star Wars is very bad. Star Wars would suck without them. The other extreme is bad too. All women focused on in Star Wars is very bad. Star Wars actually sucks because of pushing something to the extreme coupled with terrible character development.

Come on. Disney has 5 movies. Every movie ultimately features a main brunette lead who wins in the end. Every time. That is far too big of a coincidence.

Can?t even point to powerful men existing or other powerful female existing post ST, it is literally just Rey. That?s it. Guess there is a case for Poe to fit that category as well. They ruined my favorite ST character in Finn, who should have been a Jedi too and help rebuild the order, becoming a face of the franchise, but they couldn?t even do that because he might overshadow Rey among other reasons.

If Rey was just Rey with no backed motives behind her and developed better beyond Mary Sue, nobody would have a problem. But when she can magically do everything and instantly better than every OT character at it... nah.

It?s like WWE. The guy picked to be the new face of the company, Roman Reigns, was shoved down everyone?s throat and won because he was the guy who was backed. Fans hated him so much, they had to pay to bring The Rock out to raise his hand and fans started booing more.

People don?t like things being forced or motives behind something. It doesn?t matter what gender or race they are. Make a Star Wars movie about Ray who can instantly do everything better than the OT crew and I?d hate him too.

That?s the problem. It isn?t even boiled down to just pushing one gender.

ST is so bad, Rey could turn into Ray and the movie sucks just as much, if not more, with the same exact issues. :lol

Watched Solo again last night..

IDK.. Its such a harless film I dont know why it gets so much hate. Its not a great movie its as good as most of The Mandalorian episodes IMO.

There are things I don't like but overall its a fun SW movie but very forgettable.

Watched Solo again last night..

IDK.. Its such a harless film I dont know why it gets so much hate. Its not a great movie its as good as most of The Mandalorian episodes IMO.

There are things I don't like but overall its a fun SW movie but very forgettable.

:lol:rotfl

Do you have a set JAWS?

Mando dominated the world. Solo was forgotten five minutes after you walked out of the theater.

Back