Solo 2 rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this happens because I want to see how
Spoiler Spoiler:

For me Solo is by far the best Star Wars movie that Disney has produced so far.

Rogue one was better IMO but I also enjoyed solo. Was a little surprised that it wasn't better received, or is it just a matter of the vocal minority slating it?

Everyone I went with loved it, easily the best out of the new ones. Right behind it is rogue one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed Solo is very very good. Where was the audience for this? I say SW fatigue is here....

Spoiler Spoiler:

That story has been told in The Clone Wars, from S04E21 onwards.

But I want to see more of Maul and Crimson Dawn. I loved Solo because it was a good old fashioned expanded universe adventure that wasn't obsessed with the Skywalker saga or the convoluted politics of power. Just rogues double crossing each other!

Rogue one was better IMO but I also enjoyed solo. Was a little surprised that it wasn't better received, or is it just a matter of the vocal minority slating it?

SOLO was an OK movie on its own. I just think that fans felt burned after TLJ, and the whole idea of a Han Solo movie without Ford has about no draw whatsoever.

SOLO was an OK movie on its own. I just think that fans felt burned after TLJ, and the whole idea of a Han Solo movie without Ford has about no draw whatsoever.

This....plus a healthy overdose of just plain old SW fatigue.

I am immune to that however and seen every film in the theater.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Solo felt like half the movie was filmed inside a big trash bag. You could barely see anything half the time. It also lacked in the cool creature designs and spaceships department and sorely needed more of the Empire. The Vos character was kind of a bore and Empty Nest was a joke. I still loved a decent chunk of it (the snow train and mud battle, Lando, meeting Chewy etc) but it was sorely lacking in some really key areas.

RO had many problems to me too, but had the most kick-ass last third of any SW movie since ESB, plus some super cool OT elements that made it truly special and memorable.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Watch the clone wars... and then Rebels...

There's a rift between the two that allows space for extra story telling as well and his 'character' changes/evolve into different states between them all.

Last edited:
Solo felt like half the movie was filmed inside a big trash bag. You could barely see anything half the time. It also lacked in the cool creature designs and spaceships department and sorely needed more of the Empire. The Vos character was kind of a bore and Empty Nest was a joke. I still loved a decent chunk of it (the snow train and mud battle, Lando, meeting Chewy etc) but it was sorely lacking in some really key areas.

RO had many problems to me too, but had the most kick-ass last third of any SW movie since ESB, plus some super cool OT elements that made it truly special and memorable.

That's what happens when the leader of Lucasfilm has no clue about Star Wars.

As I recall there was just - some negative buzz. Rumors of production/lead problems - whatever. Enough that I skipped in theater. Then I finally watch and it's IMO way better than given credit for. Not perfect, but really enjoyed. I really liked the dark edge here and there, the aesthetics. It felt fresh and a different take.

I'd be there if they do a sequel.

a sequel to "Solo" has massive potential... The Hutts / Maul and the Crimson Dawn / Boba Fett... put in the right hands, this thing could SOAR.

It needs a sequel.

As far as the “too dark” comments, thats more about your theater than the film.

I had the same experience with Black Panther and CM, my local theater has terrible calibration , which is crazy considering its their job to show the film....but in both cases, when I got the BR of the films they looked great....the dark scenes were fine.

Solo was the same. If you see it on a properly calibrated screen its fine.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back